• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The comment was made that the Bible was the same as other books and I made the comment and posted the reasons why the Bible is unique compared to other books and not the same.
You jumped in with your claim and assumption of something, then after multiple posts you still push your own stuff and make it like I said it when I didn’t.
Aren't all books unique? Sure the Bible's unique, but it's not accurate.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm not contending the existence and execution of a "Jesus called Christ." I'm questioning his status.
There are accounts like Josephus' or Tacitus', but as far as I'm aware there are no eyewitness accounts. There is also evidence of a considerable amount of sectarian editing throughout the New Testament.

That would be only if you didn’t accept John’s and Matthew’s account
Yes. No first-person accounts; all hearsay, second-hand gossip and and later Christian edits.

This sounds more like “I just don’t accept the first hand accounts, the Gospel of Luke also spoke to the eye-witnesses and the relegating the testimony of Paul as “i don’t care if you persecuted the church and now you preach the resurrection"
I'm talking about disinterested testimony from other demographics at the time. I know of no commentary from neighboring nations, religious, or ethnic groups.
I believe Rome was a neighboring nation. Tacitus had something about Jesus.
Do you find it inaccurate?
By-and-large… yes. That isn’t to say there aren’t some areas that can be viewed differently, but by-and-large, yes. Most are black and white and not an argument.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I tested the others before I came to Jesus Christ

So did muslims.

1707826584655.png

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The comment was made that the Bible was the same as other books and I made the comment and posted the reasons why the Bible is unique compared to other books and not the same.
You jumped in with your claim and assumption of something, then after multiple posts you still push your own stuff and make it like I said it when I didn’t.
Every book is unique.
As a holy book, it is not as unique as you would like it to be.

Having said that, it matters not anyway.
"Unique" is not synonymous with "true".

So I don't really get what point you think you are making.

For the sake of argument, let's just say the bible is as unique as you claim it to be.
Now what? Does that make it true? No, it does not.

Every book is unique.
As a holy book, it is not as unique as you would like it to be.

Having said that, it matters not anyway.
"Unique" is not synonymous with "true".

So I don't really get what point you think you are making.

For the sake of argument, let's just say the bible is as unique as you claim it to be.
Now what? Does that make it true? No, it does not.
Just because a book is unique, doesn’t mean it’s true.
The Bible is unique and in a class all its own for the reasons I posted for a while now.
The Bible is also true, the stories and accounts have been verified by archeology, manuscripts found in the caves called Dead Sea Scrolls etc.
The Bible or Word of God is living and active, when people read it to know and seek God, He speaks to them through it, The Word of God is a lamp to your feet and light to your path.
I’ve shared enough of this with you and appreciate the conversation so this will be the last post with you, thanks

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Just because a book is unique, doesn’t mean it’s true.

Cool, then I suggest you lay that argument to rest then...

The Bible is unique and in a class all its own for the reasons I posted for a while now.

And by that same measure, such would be true for most if not all books.
But more importantly: it matters not as per your own admission above.
So why keep on going on about it?
As per your own admission, it doesn't make it true. It doesn't make it any more credible. So it mattes not.
Continuing to argue this is thus just a waste of time and webspace.

The Bible is also true

It demonstrably isn't

, the stories and accounts have been verified by archeology

Some of them. Others have been demonstrated to be pure fiction.

The Bible or Word of God is living and active, when people read it to know and seek God, He speaks to them through it, The Word of God is a lamp to your feet and light to your path.

Preaching. A muslims could (and would) say the same or similar about the Quran.
All you are telling us, is that you really believe it. We know.

I’ve shared enough of this with you and appreciate the conversation so this will be the last post with you, thanks

Run Forest, Run.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Probably because you insinuated that nothing in the Bible is true and all a myth, it was kind of a joke.
As I keep saying, I'm trying to figure out why you think 1) The Bible is unique, and 2) How and what uniqueness has to do with truth.
Apparently, it doesn't look like I'm ever going to get to know what you mean. :shrug: