• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No… that would be an opinion.

What makes it believable was the truth that there was an empty tomb and that the Jewish leaders and the Romans couldn’t produce the body of the Messiah.
Where's the hard evidence of that? We don't even have disinterested agreement by non-Christian sources at the time.
It's a claim made in a book full of contradictions and factual errors. What makes this Biblical history any more reliable than the History of Middle Earth?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Where's the hard evidence of that?

IMV, there is.

First you can google “external evidence for Jesus Christ” - you can find some
Eye witness accounts - are another
People who jotted down what happened after interviews of those who say and knew is a third
Next generation is a fourth.

We don't even have disinterested agreement by non-Christian sources at the time.

We have no agreement by disinterested non-Christian people today. Maybe because they were “disinterested” and didn’t collect the proper evidence?

It's a claim made in a book full of contradictions and factual errors. What makes this Biblical history any more reliable than the History of Middle Earth?

I find this to be a “catchall” phrase like what I use to use before I knew Jesus, “Everybody interprets the Bible differently”.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm much more interested in what Jesus generally taught in his Two Commandments than in all the other supposed details in the Gospels.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The word for twisting your nose is wringing, forcing,churning you do that your nose will bleed.
Still didn't bleed. :shrug:
Does unique mean true, not necessarily for everything but in the context of what we are talking concerning the Bible, Yes it’s one of the tests of authenticity of the message that God gave us to know Him and His plans, thoughts, character, love and lengths He goes to demonstrate this.
You haven't made the connection here between "unique" and "true." You've just asserted that unique means true without showing how or why.
Of course the miracles are true, I’ve witnessed them and received them. What are miracles to us are nothing for God, that’s what He does. I don’t even think He considers them miracles, we just do, because we can’t do them without Him.
This was the question posed to you, "Do you think that the Bible containing one possibly true fact means that the entire thing is true, like including the fantastical miracle claims. Of course you don't, right?"

Your response doesn't address my question.

Still didn't bleed. :shrug:

You haven't made the connection here between "unique" and "true." You've just asserted that unique means true without showing how or why.

This was the question posed to you, "Do you think that the Bible containing one possibly true fact means that the entire thing is true, like including the fantastical miracle claims. Of course you don't, right?"

Your response doesn't address my question.
I already answered your questions, but your question is a faulty one because the whole Bible is true and unique.
But if you were here I would show you how twisting your nose like is meant in the Bible will make your nose bleed, you can’t do that yourself if you’re a normal person. Would hurt too much

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I already answered your questions, but your question is a faulty one because the whole Bible is true and unique.
You've not answered my question as to why you think a unique thing must be a true thing (Your claim about the Bible.)
But if you were here I would show you how twisting your nose like is meant in the Bible will make your nose bleed, you can’t do that yourself if you’re a normal person. Would hurt too much
This has gotten beyond silly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is a claim. Guess what? Muslims say the same about the Quran. I do not know this for a fact, but there are probably Hindus that say the same about their holy books.

It is too bad that you shoot yourself in the foot when you make such claims and either cannot or will not support them. When a person does that he indicates that he does not really believe what he is sayng.

You've not answered my question as to why you think a unique thing must be a true thing (Your claim about the Bible.)
The comment was made that the Bible was the same as other books and I made the comment and posted the reasons why the Bible is unique compared to other books and not the same.
You jumped in with your claim and assumption of something, then after multiple posts you still push your own stuff and make it like I said it when I didn’t.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The word for twisting your nose is wringing, forcing,churning you do that your nose will bleed.
Does unique mean true, not necessarily for everything but in the context of what we are talking concerning the Bible, Yes it’s one of the tests of authenticity of the message that God gave us to know Him and His plans, thoughts, character, love and lengths He goes to demonstrate this.
Of course the miracles are true, I’ve witnessed them and received them. What are miracles to us are nothing for God, that’s what He does. I don’t even think He considers them miracles, we just do, because we can’t do them without Him.
Also you: "Well the Bible is unique and true for example in Proverbs it says the twisting of the nose will produce blood."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The comment was made that the Bible was the same as other books and I made the comment and posted the reasons why the Bible is unique compared to other books and not the same.
You jumped in with your claim and assumption of something, then after multiple posts you still push your own stuff and make it like I said it when I didn’t.
:

Well the Bible is unique and true for example in Proverbs it says the twisting of the nose will produce blood.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
He was born in sin and conceived by two earthly parents, he had the sin nature and needed to be born again.
Baha'u'llah was sinless, as were all the Manifestations of God.
Baha'u'llah had no sin nature, nor did He need to be born again...
I have never heard anything more ridiculous in my entire life.

Baha'u'llah has the same nature as Jesus, a twofold nature, one nature human, the other nature divine.
They had a different message:
Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.
Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, Bish
The message of Jesus was to love one another, and Jesus did not say to shun the followers of other religions.

That hateful message comes from 'some' Christians, not from Jesus.

How did Jesus treat people of other religions?

The closest he came to interacting with another religion was his encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well, where (uncharacteristically for his time and people) he treated her with respect and as an equal (John 4:1-42). Feb 24, 2020

Jesus, Salvation & Other Religions - Church Blog - Aldersgate Centre

Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh | Bahá’í Reference Library
There is no unity of religions, Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega, He is worshipped and far above anyone else. Prophets and Apostles are men and need to repent like everyone else and can be true or false. Baha’u’llah was a false teacher and a man.
You are free to believe whatever you want to believe, but your belief does not make anything true.

Jesus is not 'far above' Baha'u'llah or any other Manifestation of God.
The arrogance of Christianity that teaches that Jesus is God and Christianity is the only true religion is appalling.
Jesus was not God and He did not want to be worshiped as God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

Baha’is believe that Baha’u’llah, the prophet and founder of the Baha’i Faith, brought a new revelation from God to humanity. How can we evaluate this startling claim? What makes this revelation so unique?

Baha’u’llah wrote that his revelation marks the beginning of a new era, the day foretold in all the scriptures of the past, the day when the Promised One of all religions would appear, characterized in the Bible as the time when there will be one fold and one shepherd.

RELATED: The World’s Religions: All Branches of One Tree

A “fold,” in the old sense of the word, means a staked- or fenced-off area of pasture, a protected place where the flock could safely and unitedly exist.

Baha’is believe in the inherent unity of all religions, so ultimately, the Baha’i teachings say, there must be one fold. In a speech he gave in Montreal, Canada in 1912, Abdu’l-Baha said:

… Baha’u’llah proclaimed that, inasmuch as God is the one heavenly Shepherd and all mankind are the sheep of His fold, the religion or guidance of God must be the means of love and fellowship in the world. If religion proves to be the source of hatred, enmity and contention, if it becomes the cause of warfare and strife and influences men to kill each other, its absence is preferable. For that which is productive of hatred amongst the people is rejected by God, and that which establishes fellowship is beloved and sanctioned by Him.

We need a single religious fold in order to free humanity from the tyranny brought on by false, antiquated interpretations of religion.

Religions, the Baha’i teachings say, require renewal. While their spiritual teachings are everlasting, over time their social teachings lose relevance and become outdated, their interpretations of theology grow deficient, and many of their follower’s actions fail to accord with God’s teachings either for this day or during their checkered history.

Today, the Baha’i teachings tell us, it is time to move on!

A New Revelation has Dawned

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No that’s what you have, I have Jesus Christ,
???? I have facts and logic. You have a legendary historical figure and no reliable evidence of the stories about him, ie: no objective facts, just hearsay and folklore.
Risen from the Dead, the Holy Spirit and power to live a Holy Life pleasing to God, access to the very presence of God by the blood of the Lamb, Eternal life now and always.
I’m not like some other people who are dead men walking and spiritually blind, almost dead with no future.
You don't even have concrete or reasonable evidence of the god behind the legends.
IMV, there is.

First you can google “external evidence for Jesus Christ” - you can find some
Eye witness accounts - are another
I'm not contending the existence and execution of a "Jesus called Christ." I'm questioning his status.
There are accounts like Josephus' or Tacitus', but as far as I'm aware there are no eyewitness accounts. There is also evidence of a considerable amount of sectarian editing throughout the New Testament.

People who jotted down what happened after interviews of those who say and knew is a third
Next generation is a fourth.
Yes. No first-person accounts; all hearsay, second-hand gossip and and later Christian edits.
We have no agreement by disinterested non-Christian people today. Maybe because they were “disinterested” and didn’t collect the proper evidence?
I'm talking about disinterested testimony from other demographics at the time. I know of no commentary from neighboring nations, religious, or ethnic groups.

I find this to be a “catchall” phrase like what I use to use before I knew Jesus, “Everybody interprets the Bible differently”.
Do you find it inaccurate?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible is full of contradictions and factual errors. How can you claim it to be true?