• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is disproven by science? Really?

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
This is exactly how the member you are sympathizing for responds to believers. So yeah sympathy for the devil applies. If you really believe asking someone where their facts and prideful comments have gotten them in life is belittling then I think you’re wrong on that. It’s legitimate to ask.
I'll leave you with the last words here, which I am confident will not be answers to my questions.

You both have a wonderful, wonderful evening. :cool::cool::p

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
This is what you said and never referenced the actual comment or the supposed belittling, you want people to guess.
So, if I don't reference the exact comment you were responding to, then it is good witness to belittle and beat down others. I didn't know that. I have learned something. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Now you may have the last words here. Enjoy.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No I don’t think you should do that anymore
I haven't done that. But your saying this tells me much. And it, unfortunately for you, says a lot to any observers as well. I guess some people don't mind that their actions don't match their words. It would bother me, but that is how I was raised as a Christian.

I haven't done that. But your saying this tells me much. And it, unfortunately for you, says a lot to any observers as well. I guess some people don't mind that their actions don't match their words. It would bother me, but that is how I was raised as a Christian.
Who’s belittling and beating people down? Maybe try being straight up with people

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Who’s belittling and beating people down? Maybe try being straight up with people
Even if I were wrong about the inspiration of my questions, the questions I asked should not have been responded to with a dog and pony show. Those questions should have received NO's straight away.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’re the teacher on that, was following your lead
I didn't engage in that it was the show that you put on.

The questions weren't difficult and if there was no guilt for being caught at doing something that shouldn't have been going on, then they would have been easily answered. You didn't. Instead you went on this pages long run to avoid answering them. You still haven't answered them and by now answering them would be meaningless. You have given answers. I have found those answers that you did provide to be meaningful. I learned something. I am going to be a better person and better Christian for what I learned here in my opinion.

I can't say the same for everyone, but I tried.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Now it seems you’re gaslighting
The questions are out there. You didn't answer and still haven't. I can't think of any reason for all that you went through to avoid answering them. Well I can, but I'll keep my conclusions to myself. I believe God already knows what went on here.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Have gotten you where? At your age what do you have to show for your life? You’re at the end of your life and still haven’t figured out why you’re here.
interesting point because, of course, infants don't have those questions (as to why was I born?) but once we reach a certain age of reason, we wonder, yes, why am I here. :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No, don’t you think we can be straight up without getting all uptight? I love you bro and enjoy the conversations.
Is this all what you call being straight up? Hmmm. I was raised with a different understanding of that phrase.

What conversation? I asked questions. You came up with diversions. Not really a conversation.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No… that would be an opinion.

What makes it believable was the truth that there was an empty tomb and that the Jewish leaders and the Romans couldn’t produce the body of the Messiah.
Very good point, Kenny. Sometimes I watch detective stories on TV and yes, sometimes a person confesses (especially for Perry Mason), but in real life people can be convicted on suspicion and what is considered as evidence, even if the jury is wrong when putting it all together. The fact that the tomb was empty is definitely in my mind a good proof (evidence, of course, since this is NOT science -- is it? ok only kidding kind of) that Jesus was resurrected. Thanks for that. I mean why would it be there if it were fabricated? Now that wouldn't make sense at all.