• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

...god is “designed”!

leroy

Evidence please, real falsifiable evidence.
Multiple independent sources sett Peter and the apostoles as witneses of miracles and they where willing to die for that belif.

Before asking for evidence, can you please confirm if this would be good enough for you?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Multiple independent sources sett Peter and the apostoles as witneses of miracles and they where willing to die for that belif.

Before asking for evidence, can you please confirm if this would be good enough for you?

So you have no falsifiable evidence then, thanks be being honest about it

leroy

There is no evidence to falsify
The claim is that There are multiple independent sources confirming that they where witnesses of a miracle………..and there are sources that confirm that they were willing to die for their belief in miracles …………………..what’s unfalsifiable about that?........ the claim could be ether right or wrong, therefore its falsifiable.

As I said this doesn’t show that the witness an actual miracle, but it shows that they witness what they interpreted as a miracle.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The claim is that There are multiple independent sources confirming that they where witnesses of a miracle………..and there are sources that confirm that they were willing to die for their belief in miracles …………………..what’s unfalsifiable about that?........ the claim could be ether right or wrong, therefore its falsifiable.

As I said this doesn’t show that the witness an actual miracle, but it shows that they witness what they interpreted as a miracle.

Show these sources otherwise we are done on this subject

ChristineM

Premium Member
if I show you this sources woudl you grant the my point?................or woudl you need something aditional to grant it

I would need falsifiable evidence, i thought i had made that clear

leroy

One wonders what the hold up is concerning all the evidence promised?
I am simply asking her if the evidence that I suggest (if real) would be enough or not to prove my point.

1 If yes I would proceed to provide the evidence

2 if no I simply whant to know why not? What else would she need?

But that is ok, I understand that avoiding direct answers is part of the atheist methodology

leroy

I have never seen any, @leroy promises evidence just about every time we speak, I continue in not holding my breath
I am simply asking if my claim *if true* would count as evidence according to your own personal criteria and standards. …. Why is it so hard to answer to this question??????

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am simply asking her if the evidence that I suggest (if real) would be enough or not to prove my point.

But that is ok, I understand that avoiding direct answers is part of the atheist methodology

And hedging and avoiding providing answers that you claim to gave but never produce seems to be your strategy

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am simply asking if my claim *if true* would count as evidence according to your own personal criteria and standards. …. Why is it so hard to answer to this question??????

What do you not understand about the term falsifiable evidence?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Ah.
So basically, in a nutshell, what you are saying is that you have so little confidence in your "evidence" that you are trying to determine how big a fool it will make you look if presented?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A claim is not evidence.
It is a claim.

And thus far, that is all you have presented.
Claims.

leroy

Ah.
So basically, in a nutshell, what you are saying is that you have so little confidence in your "evidence" that you are trying to determine how big a fool it will make you look if presented?

Nope, in a nutshell i have so little confidence in the intellectual honest from atheist in thir forum..... That before wasting time in searching for the sources I whant to know if that ata would convince you in the first place.......... If not then why wasting time