• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has to prove to me that He exists: what kind of proof should I demand?

Shantanu

Yes, I think those ideas are worth consideration.
Thank you. The rise of atheism among the educated in the recent decade may be a direct genetic response to current concerns on the environment to slow down population growth to sustainable levels.

Hawkins

My search for the truth about Existence has come to this question?

Any ideas?

What proof do you need when you swallow contents from your daily news TV channel? Why don't you just dig evidence for each piece of news before you believe?

Humans rely on examining the credibility and reliability of the source to believe eyewitnesses accounts of testimonies. They don't dig proofs. Proofs usually just work for one specific kind of truth, which is our science. Even a scientific truth is conveyed through witnessing. That's why 99% of humans who know for a fact that black holes exist don't actually have the evidence (evidence is not needed for a truth to stand and for humans in majority to reach even in the case of a science, not to mention truths of other kinds such as your daily news or human history).

Last edited:

Shantanu

What proof do you need when you swallow contents from your daily news TV channel? Why don't you just dig evidence for each piece of news before you believe?

Humans rely on examining the credibility and reliability of the source to believe eyewitnesses accounts of testimonies. They don't dig proofs. Proofs usually just work for one specific kind of truth, which is our science. Even a scientific truth is conveyed through witnessing. That's why 99% of humans who know for a fact that black holes exist don't actually have the evidence (evidence is not needed for a truth to stand and for humans in majority to reach even in the case of a science, not to mention truths of other kinds such as your daily news or human history).
I do not talk to a blank wall: I have questions of God because no human being or an institution has been able to answer my questions. If a God exists He must tell me what are religions for and if He had any hand generating them through revelations that He/It has given to others in the past history of mankind. When I asks these questions, it is frowned upon as being not polite or worse. In the meantime the planet Earth faces environmental catastrophe due to the actions of the religions and I can explain how although it must be clear to anyone who places emphasis on truth. If your perceived God does not answer who else is going to help mankind face these challenges in the 21st century?

Jos

If the existence of Heaven and Hell were proven, everyone would do everything they possibly could, to become saint-like - to avoid the fires of Hell and reap the rewards of Heaven. If we knew that Jesus\Allah\Vishnu were watching our lives, and making decisions about our afterlives based on what they say, what saintly lives we would live!
This isn't necessarily true since many theists claim or imply that the existence of God is self evident and some even go so far as to say that everyone knows that God exists... so according a lot of theists, God, heaven, hell and many other theological concepts are already known by everyone to be true whether they are theists or atheists.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you. The rise of atheism among the educated in the recent decade may be a direct genetic response to current concerns on the environment to slow down population growth to sustainable levels.
On the radio a month or two back some lady said that couples were deciding not to have children lest they inherit a world globally warmed to disaster. It reminded me of two acquaintances of mine from my student days who each decided to have no children because the world was already full enough, and didn't ─ that sentiment was around at that time, though who knows whether they'd have chosen to have kids anyway.

And the association with lower numbers of children per couple and higher standard of living is often remarked. And with falls in infant mortality rates. If anyone has a peaceful and sensible solution I'll vote for it; ideals like the level playing field and social and economic justice internationally strongly appeal to me but are vague on specifics and cost corporations money.

Workman

UNIQUE
We cannot say that a God exists without verifiable proof of that God: it has eluded me after 20 years of search.
Stop blaming! And finding a easy way out! I told you already there is no easy way to find God..you must earn your way to God. Ask yourself why is it you want to find God..then start your seeking from there!

If when you seek God, you’ll find a lot of things that don’t match with the knowledge we use in today.
For instance! You mentioned on your post:

“We cannot say that God exists”.

Well during my seek I found that some words are lying..examples
You can or can’t
You would or wouldn’t
You should or shouldn’t
And so on there is more...
These words are all cover ups. They’re all not telling its truth..
Which the original word they’re hiding is: you WILL or WILL NOT.

The word WILL belongs to you because it’s your WILL of/from God is reason why you are alive. For science and knowledge is man-made and has confused the understanding in today.

So back to your post; and look where you’ve used them words.

Last edited:

Shantanu

On the radio a month or two back some lady said that couples were deciding not to have children lest they inherit a world globally warmed to disaster. It reminded me of two acquaintances of mine from my student days who each decided to have no children because the world was already full enough, and didn't ─ that sentiment was around at that time, though who knows whether they'd have chosen to have kids anyway.

And the association with lower numbers of children per couple and higher standard of living is often remarked. And with falls in infant mortality rates. If anyone has a peaceful and sensible solution I'll vote for it; ideals like the level playing field and social and economic justice internationally strongly appeal to me but are vague on specifics and cost corporations money.
What will be will be: the issue I was getting at is whether this was a genetic response. By response I meant whether God interfered in the evolutionary process if He/It exists.

Shantanu

Stop blaming! And finding a easy way out! I told you already there is no easy way to find God..you must earn your way to God. Ask yourself why is it you want to find God..then start your seeking from there!

If when you seek God, you’ll find a lot of things that don’t match with the knowledge we use in today.
For instance! You mentioned on your post:

“We cannot say that God exists”.

Well during my seek I found that some words are lying..examples
You can or can’t
You would or wouldn’t
You should or shouldn’t
And so on there is more...
These words are all cover ups. They’re all not telling its truth..
Which the original word they’re hiding is: you WILL or WILL NOT.

The word WILL belongs to you because it’s your WILL of/from God is reason why you are alive. For science and knowledge is man-made and has confused the understanding in today.

So back to your post; and look where you’ve used them words.
I have said that I am not a strong atheist and remain open to evidence of the existence of God as a benevolent Entity who does not wish humans to go extinct any time soon as has been suggested by some.

Workman

UNIQUE
I have said that I am not a strong atheist and remain open to evidence of the existence of God as a benevolent Entity who does not wish humans to go extinct any time soon as has been suggested by some.
Whoops wrong mail from me..ma bad! Shantanu..go well with your journey

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What will be will be: the issue I was getting at is whether this was a genetic response. By response I meant whether God interfered in the evolutionary process if He/It exists.
Alas, I'm the wrong person to ask. I don't know ─ I have not a clue ─ what real being or thing the word 'God' might denote. Imaginary gods, fine, they're anything the imaginer wants, but gods with objective existence? A total blank. This is one ─ a BIG one ─ of a number of reasons why I don't think God exists / gods exist independently of the imagination of individual humans.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ask yourself why is it you want to find God..
In this context, you appear to imply that God couldn't give whatever is the celestial equivalent of a plugged nickel whether anyone believes in [him] or not, and that worship, however much it may appeal to worshipers, leaves [him] cold, or at best patronizingly amused. Is that right?
some words are lying [...]
the original word they’re hiding is: you WILL or WILL NOT.
If there's a god and God doesn't care, why should I?

If God cares, why does [he] NEVER act as though [he] cares?

Workman

UNIQUE
In this context, you appear to imply that God couldn't give whatever is the celestial equivalent of a plugged nickel whether anyone believes in [him] or not, and that worship, however much it may appeal to worshipers, leaves [him] cold, or at best patronizingly amused. Is that right?
could you rephrase this question pls?

Workman

UNIQUE
There is a God and God does care..but one doesn’t recognise who God is and HOW God cares, one didn’t give the time to understand in how God communicates through us..Example..God is Good, Loving, happiness and all the good stuff..
my question is! have you experienced any of those feelings? If yes than you KNOW those are feelings of WHAT MATTERS!..right? But the thing is Gods teachings will show you WHICH ONES are to MATTER, and if one doesn’t know them..then those feelings will be robbed by fake happiness..(Knowledge):knowing what’s right and wrong ONLY for theirselves in selfishness are all fake happiness.

This is How God CARES!.,
when one feels the agitation within them..those feelings are from God warning one NOT to matter in..ex..
when one gets angry it means God is telling you is angry..
When one feels stressed, means Gods telling you is stressed..
When one feels scared, means Gods telling you scared..
When one feels guilt, means God is blaming You for that REASON..you do not control your emotions..thats God controlling..and only it’s your free-will to decide what to do with them(emotions)
Those Emotions are not ONLY yours, they’re from God..This is your SOUL that was given from God..and its reason why you(one) is alive..with one having felt these bad experiences/emotions..God warns one through agitation that IT DOESN’T MATTER.. but many fail in noticing their mistakes(avoiding feelings)..which is why God says we fail in our choices making us selfish beings..and because one never learns from their mistakes it leads to mental illnesses and their related illusinations in the mind..due to avoiding the Heart.

If there's a god and God doesn't care, why should I?

One chose not to seek in Gods instructions..so one is unaware of their own work of instruction. Your insides.why do have feelings? how are they possible?It cannot be nothing obviously it comes from somewhere! who is making or giving you those signs of feelings?....But you do not recognise those feelings have been with you ALWAYS!

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
Thanks for your valued comments.
Yeah..well you maybe here for commenting and stuff..but those were advices..if you can’t see that than I guess your the problem! There is a difference in knowing and than Understanding(To Do)..you may not like to do which doesn’t make sense but than how are you suppose to find out its truth?
How can one know their full limit,
if one doesn’t know of their off limits?

Last edited:

Shantanu

Alas, I'm the wrong person to ask. I don't know ─ I have not a clue ─ what real being or thing the word 'God' might denote. Imaginary gods, fine, they're anything the imaginer wants, but gods with objective existence? A total blank. This is one ─ a BIG one ─ of a number of reasons why I don't think God exists / gods exist independently of the imagination of individual humans.
I have given this supposed God the benefit of the doubt in suggesting that He has interfered in the evolutionary process by creating genetically distinct brand of humans known as atheists so as to slow down the population explosion, but there is no evidence that there is a God who has directed this. It is part of the natural evolution of mankind that sees no need for excessive numbers of children which only renders the family into poverty and discomfort. Survival of the species is not a consideration in any human being except in religious fundamentalism that leads to families having three or more childrens to add to the overpopulation of the world with diminishing resources. The Theory of Evolution is just that, an automatic process, which leads to gradual extinction of some species to the benefit of others. If humans did go extinct why should we mourn that: something else will most likely take its place as another species, in the same way that no one mourns the extinction of Homo erectus of Homo habilis. The most important thing for us humans is to live peacefully in cooperation with other human beings and create comfort and joy in the way we live our lives. This cannot be achieved with established religions in place tearing humanity apart with their diverse beliefs and practices.

Shantanu

Yeah..well you maybe here for commenting and stuff..but those were advices..if you can’t see that than I guess your the problem! There is a difference in knowing and than Understanding(To Do)..you may not like to do which doesn’t make sense but than how are you suppose to find out its truth?
How can one know their full limit,
if one doesn’t know of their off limits?
Yes I am the problem: I have my own ways of ascertaining the truth.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a God and God does care..but one doesn’t recognise who God is and HOW God cares, one didn’t give the time to understand in how God communicates through us..Example..God is Good, Loving, happiness and all the good stuff..
Why on earth would an omniscient God, who's known from back before [he] made the universe exactly who would believe, worship, pray to [him], give two hoots whether anyone worshiped [him] or not? If you write a program that prints 'Workman is the greatest!' or I write a program that prints 'Blü 2 is the greatest!', you or I might be pleased that the program works, but hearing a message you or I predetermined is hardly cause for you or me to be chuffed, is it?
when one feels the agitation within them..those feelings are from God warning one NOT to matter in..ex..
when one gets angry it means God is telling you is angry..
When one feels stressed, means Gods telling you is stressed..
When one feels scared, means Gods telling you scared..
When one feels guilt, means God is blaming You for that REASON..you do not control your emotions..thats God controlling..and only it’s your free-will to decide what to do with them(emotions)
You think? I don't. Our emotions are our brain's reactions to our body's biochemicals, which the brain is very largely responsible for calling up. The science is quite clear, based on evidence and repeatable experiment. And if God is omniscient, then as I said, [he] knew everything you or I will ever think, say, do (and why) before [he] made the universe. We can never do anything even an atom's-width, even a Planck time, different to what [he] perfectly foresaw 14 bn years ago.