• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has to prove to me that He exists: what kind of proof should I demand?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Two things.......

1. God doesnt have to prove anything to you.
2. Who are you to demand something from our Creator?
Someone who has no reason to think 'our Creator' was anything but physics.

And you and I demand things from physics many times an hour.

Workman

UNIQUE
Why on earth would an omniscient God, who's known from back before [he] made the universe exactly who would believe, worship, pray to [him], give two hoots whether anyone worshiped [him] or not? If you write a program that prints 'Workman is the greatest!' or I write a program that prints 'Blü 2 is the greatest!', you or I might be pleased that the program works, but hearing a message you or I predetermined is hardly cause for you or me to be chuffed, is it?
That’s the thing your getting wrong! What makes you think all this is a program? Or anything related to that! God does not work with Programs..like I said! God works through MATTER..matter is the connecting through particles in which we humans are also made of and uses it in communicating(where emotions are connecting to its experiencing)..this is how connections work through its vibration in its space..and all that stuff! This is ‘The God’ I am referring to..for in many Human minds are too selfish to THINK outside of their knowledge..God is not based on you and your knowledge..God is The All Knowing..meaning God is the Answer..and us Humans are living in it..but THAN now MANY become questions in it ..and here you think you know better than no God!.based on what? Your knowledge from science? The only thing that stands between you and the unknown is science! Science IS MAN-MADE answers for their own questions, and noTHING more than that..and just like humans they make a lot of mistakes in order to get their answers..and as of yet some are finding..still wrong in its place, or even worse! They good at hiding truths(meaning science SPOILS HUMANS[clinching])..but we human beings do not know that..do they?but hey! that is my opinion so it doesn’t matter what I say!

Its reason why God will know who believes and in whom will take in..are the ones whom will Matter, and leave behind the many whom worship their happiness from (THINGS), some(thing), any(thing) and every(thing)its all artificial! But of those that are NOT a (thing)..like humans, trees, water..so on..they are all a make in Matter(ing). [Not a thing] is a short term word for “Nothing!”...Which relation to its space. God will claim in all of that is formed, and will be The ONES whom MATTER(subjectives)! And leave the dead behind (THINGS).
Things are toys, car, computer, phones...even if one whom thinks of GOD not existing because they depend themselves on things(facts/proofs of evidence)..they too become of a THING. And of THOSE in GODS eye(s) Will NOT matter(not important). And will be its dead weight.

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
You think? I don't. Our emotions are our brain's reactions to our body's biochemicals, which the brain is very largely responsible for calling up. The science is quite clear, based on evidence and repeatable experiment. And if God is omniscient, then as I said, [he] knew everything you or I will ever think, say, do (and why) before [he] made the universe. We can never do anything even an atom's-width, even a Planck time, different to what [he] perfectly foresaw 14 bn years ago.
Your right! I’ve missed a word ‘experiencing’.
Let me rephrased that..
One does not control the ‘experience’ of an emotion.
You agree? Or not?

And off coarse God knows of every[THING] but it doesn’t matter in any[THING] of that for God!
God wants ONLY of those that are (NOT THINGS)being alive! For theirs belong to God..and as for (THINGS) do NOT BELONG anywhere!..how can it? it’s not alive! it’s dead weight!, God will Not claim (THINGS). This is where God chooses one or One choose God to believe. It is our Free-Will to choose(Everything or Nothing) But this is too..my opinion! so for you it again WILL NOT MATTER! Right?

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have given this supposed God the benefit of the doubt in suggesting that He has interfered in the evolutionary process by creating genetically distinct brand of humans known as atheists so as to slow down the population explosion, but there is no evidence that there is a God who has directed this.
Yes, but in this case God would bypass evolution and instead DIY, which assumes [he] has some special affection or use for humans, whereas as you know, evolution does not. With overpopulation, Malthus goes hand in hand with evolution too.
If humans did go extinct why should we mourn that:
I dare say we won't mourn our species as such nearly as much as we'll mourn the idea of our personal descendants.

(A friend of mine, of Irish descent and thoroughly RC, described a dream he had about the end of the world; he was flying in a passenger plane, and the event was understood to be imminent. A sign came on reading 'Fasten Seat Belts' then another, 'No Smoking', then a third, 'Say an Act of Perfect Contrition' and his reaction in the dream was to think, Aren't the designers clever to have included that last message! He added he thought there'd be nothing special about the apocalypse, since everyone dies, so what's so special about all dying together?)
something else will most likely take its place as another species, in the same way that no one mourns the extinction of Homo erectus of Homo habilis. The most important thing for us humans is to live peacefully in cooperation with other human beings and create comfort and joy in the way we live our lives. This cannot be achieved with established religions in place tearing humanity apart with their diverse beliefs and practices.
Some religions are tearers-apart; separateness and elite notions are almost the hallmark of the right. But quite a few of the others are ecumenical, and as atheism becomes more prevalent, which is the way it's trending at present, I dare say they'll get more so. If nonbelief were more organized, perhaps constructive conversations between the two outlooks would be easier to bring about; but I'm not certain of that happening on any large scale.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What makes you think all this is a program?
Once God is omnipotent and omniscient, there's no other possibility. I think [he]'s also perfect, so, as I said, there never was a time when God didn't perfectly know everything you'll ever think, do or say, and exactly why you'll think, do or say it. Hence you can never think do or say anything except exactly what God has always known you would. In the alternative, God is NOT omnipotent, omniscient or perfect.
God works through MATTER .. matter is the connecting through particles(which we humans also are made of and uses for communicating (where emotions are connecting to its experiencing)..this is how connections work through its vibration in its space..and all that stuff!
Emotions work through our own hormones, our own biochemistry, as triggered by the brain. I can support that statement with enormous amounts of evidence ─ the effects and roles of testosterone or adrenaline and many more are well known. I'm not aware of any evidence supporting what you claim.
This is ‘The God’ I am referring to..for in many Human minds are too selfish to THINK outside of their knowledge..God is not based on you and your knowledge..God is The All Knowing..
Your God differs from many other versions of God. That huge range of variation is telling evidence that God exists only as a concept in an individual brain, and has no objective existence, no?
meaning God is the Answer..
I thought the answer was 42. What is the question to which your particular version of God is the answer?

Workman

UNIQUE
This is a good question! Yes I agree! God is perfect!..its exactly how’ve you’ve said it..
there never was a time when God didn't perfectly know everything you'll ever think, do or say, and exactly why you'll think, do or say it.
In the alternative, God is NOT omnipotent, omniscient or perfect.

First of all...before there was TIME, there was PERFECT! And before Time started God knew of how all are to think, do and say..for God recognises it was not PERFECT..So had casted “Time to its beginning” to separate the ‘IT’ from ‘Perfect’. TIME is not PERFECT, for it has an end..Time was casted because of our Sinning..and that’s what made it the PERFECT WORK of God and OWN..everyone haves in their own time but time itself will be in ones ending, And saying all that! Gods own WORK in separation was to defile The “which was”..”and which is”..”and of which is to become!” And that is how God already knows of all whom will think, do or say..will be answered by its time. Your getting confused on who’s Perfect..God is The Perfect..it was us humans that chose not to!..its reason why God Perfected it’s worked for Time in its separation.. So Than! God already knows whom will believe..which means we ourselves don’t even know! So my question for you now: Do you believe in GOD? I know I do! You don’t have to..it’s not by force..God Only wants one to believe through their choices in Free-Will..Not Much! But at same..it’s Too Much for some. For when ones time comes to an end! EveryThing WILL die and the NoThing/Space last forever without its time..INFINITY! And that there is where all PERFECT will be.

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
Emotions work through our own hormones, our own biochemistry, as triggered by the brain. I can support that statement with enormous amounts of evidence ─ the effects and roles of testosterone or adrenaline and many more are well known. I'm not aware of any evidence supporting what you claim.
and what exactly are you trying to prove? I’m saying the body is reacting to its experiencing and expresses to the mind of what has been felt..the mind cannot deny its emotion..so what are you trying to prove wrong? we’ll just keep it at that! I have no need of your evidence..having evidence does not matter for me they do not mean anything..and for my so called evidence your requesting..you may not be aware of your own but I am, I don’t need science to explain me TO ME..I am my own Body TO LEARN. you can believe in what you LIKE, but myself I believe that LOVE matters most!. And I’ve always followed through this mind set of..there is not such thing being LIKE is right, But only a matter of being wronged! I have my own faith in God and that’s where my sources come from.

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
Your God differs from many other versions of God. That huge range of variation is telling evidence that God exists only as a concept in an individual brain, and has no objective existence, no?
Concept? yes!..if you think about it’s the mind that is in control of everything..It is the power of thought! That will access one more control of 10% of the mind.

And no! It is not the only concept..its whole body of use in oneness with the mind..

Last edited:

Workman

UNIQUE
I thought the answer was 42. What is the question to which your particular version of God is the answer?
Its answer can be in many different forms depending on the formula and its equation. And God is to answer it ‘The Solution’..in all directions, movements, timing..etc..
It’s answer is not based in ONLY, its THE base of IT ALL HAPPENING.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
First of all...before there was TIME, there was PERFECT!
Without time, change is impossible, so thought and all other processes are impossible. The only thing you have without time (assuming you can be said to have anything) is perfect stasis.
And before Time started God knew of how all are to think, do and say..for God recognises it was not PERFECT.
An old theological question: how can imperfection arise from perfection?
Time was casted because of our Sinning..
With all due respect, don't be silly.
Your getting confused in who’s Perfect..God is perfect..it was us humans that weren’t perfect!..
But we're working on it. What has God done lately?
Do you believe in GOD?
Unfortunately I have no idea what a real god is, and no one seems able to tell me, so I can't answer your question. (Imaginary gods, no sweat, of course, one or more for each imagination. Real gods, no one finds, knows, speaks of, describes them ─ not a peep.)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
and what exactly are you trying to prove?
I'm saying that the brain is an evolved physical object that at present we partially understand. So far there's nothing to suggest any non-physical element is involved ─ assuming any useful meaning can be attached to the words 'non-physical' in this context.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its answer can be in many different forms depending on the formula and its equation.
I didn't ask you what the answer was ─ you'd already said it was God.

I asked you what the question was to which your particular God is the answer.

Shantanu

Two things.......

1. No God does not have to prove anything to me, but He must not expect devotional reverences from me and singing songs of praises for the good fortune that I have.
2. As to who I am to demand something from your Creator, I am a human being with questions concerning my origin and why I do certain things as my dharma. Religions have told me that there is a God who is all merciful and benevolent for one to consult on these matters: of course if this is not true no one is any the wiser. I can live with that but the truth must be told.

Shantanu

Yes, but in this case God would bypass evolution and instead DIY, which assumes [he] has some special affection or use for humans, whereas as you know, evolution does not. With overpopulation, Malthus goes hand in hand with evolution too.

Yes, we need to free ourselves from the God delusion and get to grips with the challenges facing mankind as atheists. I do not believe that atheism is God directed as there is no evidence of God nor His ability to misdirect evolution through genetic manipulation of the DNA in humans. Modern atheism is simply a human response to the problems that humanity faces in the 21 century as a normal evolutionary development to prevent our descendants suffering.
I dare say we won't mourn our species as such nearly as much as we'll mourn the idea of our personal descendants.
We care for our children and grandchildren as a human trait: that is all that one needs to know in evolutionary terms.
Some religions are tearers-apart; separateness and elite notions are almost the hallmark of the right. But quite a few of the others are ecumenical, and as atheism becomes more prevalent, which is the way it's trending at present, I dare say they'll get more so. If nonbelief were more organized, perhaps constructive conversations between the two outlooks would be easier to bring about; but I'm not certain of that happening on any large scale.
I agree.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Two things.......

The way he phrased it seems a bit odd to me, but personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with with establishing a standard of evidence that a god-claim would need to meet in order to be reasonably believable, then not believing in that god unless the standard is met.

And as for your questions: shouldn't we first establish that God exists at all before trying to decide how he wants us to interact with him? You seem to be putting the cart before the horse.