• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Gave Us Trump: Self-proclaimed prophets and their toadies

Shaul

Premium Member
And the dismissed counts may well become valid again by going through the grand jury process again and modifying the language used to make the charges more specific in line with the judges recommendation. Which would bring us to 5 valid indictments with 91 charges again.
You are not getting anywhere with nitpicking of the situation.
No, that is just your hope. In order to re-file the quashed counts it would have to go through the grand jury again. But that takes a long time and certainly isn't going to happen before the November election. It is most unlikely that a grand jury would indict a Presidential candidate. Furthermore it is MORE likely that additional charges will be dropped than these three resurrected. There are already multiple counts under review with the substantial possibility of many of them being vacated.

Shaul

Premium Member
He has been indicted on 91 felonies. Charges were dropped for 3 of them.

He'll no longer face a legal penalty for 3 of the charges. By the same token, I won't face any legal penalty for drinking a coffee this morning; this doesn't mean I didn't drink a coffee this morning.

Trump was charged with 91 felonies. The fact that "only" 88 of them are actively moving through the courts right now doesn't change this fact.
I wasn't the one that made the number of counts is significant. I merely corrected someone who did as to the number.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh it's only 88 and not 91?
Whew!! Thank goodness it's only 88! That's a relief! :D
As I previously noted it is the validity of the charges, not their number, that is most important. I only noted what the correct number was. Maybe you should direct your sarcasm to those that wrote the total number was significant.

Pogo

As I previously noted it is the validity of the charges, not their number, that is most important. I only noted what the correct number was. Maybe you should direct your sarcasm to those that wrote the total number was significant.
Nobody claimed the number was significant beyond being large, the complaint was that you misconstrued count for indictment.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nobody claimed the number was significant beyond being large, the complaint was that you misconstrued count for indictment.
Actually some people might really like the number 88. I hear that number is very popular among white supremacists.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, that is just your hope. In order to re-file the quashed counts it would have to go through the grand jury again. But that takes a long time and certainly isn't going to happen before the November election. It is most unlikely that a grand jury would indict a Presidential candidate. Furthermore it is MORE likely that additional charges will be dropped than these three resurrected. There are already multiple counts under review with the substantial possibility of many of them being vacated.
Um, four grand juries have already indicted a Presidential candidate.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It isn't the number of counts that matter but their validity.
That is why there are grand juries who hear the evidence and make a decision whether to charge the person. When grand juries make a decision to indict only then is the defendant charged, arrested, arraigned, and then tried.

Do you have a problem with this due process?

Shaul

Premium Member
Um, four grand juries have already indicted a Presidential candidate.
Um, we were discussing the refiling of the dismissed charges. In addition to the time necessary there is also the matter of funding a new grand jury. The spending on the GA case is already under scrutiny by the GA legislature and the US Congress due to how it was done. Plus the DA will have to explain why the extra additional costs are needed because she screwed up the original indictment. Of course none of this has anything to do with how many grand juries have already been held. Which is a red herring on your part.

Pogo

Um, we were discussing the refiling of the dismissed charges. In addition to the time necessary there is also the matter of funding a new grand jury. The spending on the GA case is already under scrutiny by the GA legislature and the US Congress due to how it was done. Plus the DA will have to explain why the extra additional costs are needed because she screwed up the original indictment. Of course none of this has anything to do with how many grand juries have already been held. Which is a red herring on your part.
This was my comment earlier.
Pogo said:
And the dismissed counts may well become valid again by going through the grand jury process again and modifying the language used to make the charges more specific in line with the judges recommendation. Which would bring us to 5 valid indictments with 91 charges again.
You are not getting anywhere with nitpicking of the situation.

To which you responded that they had to go through the process again just as I said,
I ask you the question again, what are you gaining by arguing as if there is significance in what nobody is claiming.
Now you are making a big thing about whether the charges will be refiled. We all know the story and it is really irrelevant to the ultimate situation in Georgia.