• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Gave Us Trump: Self-proclaimed prophets and their toadies

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Interestingly, this one has also been convicted of fraud. Is that reaping "the blessings of the Lord" that he was referring to?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Factually wrong. There are not 91 felony indictments against Trump.
He's been indicted on 91 felony charges; the charges were made in 4 indictments.

crossfire

Premium Member
Please refrain from misquoting. It's a form of Strawman Fallacy. I wrote:
In all fairness, Trump does have 91 felony counts against him, which is a legitimate (not deranged) cause for concern.
I did not write felony indictments as you claim.

Facts: (I hope you consider the AP to be an acceptable source)

WASHINGTON (AP) — From allegations of plotting to overturn a lost election to illegally stowing classified documents at his Florida estate, former President Donald Trump faces four criminal indictments in four different cities as he vies to reclaim the White House.

The cases, totaling 91 felony counts, are winding through the courts at different speeds. Some might not reach trial this year, while one is set to begin in a matter of weeks.

<...>

Shaul

Premium Member
He's been indicted on 91 felony charges; the charges were made in 4 indictments.

Your source is out of date. Since its date some charges have been dismissed. Stating there are 91 indictments is factually incorrect,

Shaul

Premium Member
Please refrain from misquoting. It's a form of Strawman Fallacy. I wrote:

I did not write felony indictments as you claim.

Facts: (I hope you consider the AP to be an acceptable source)
WASHINGTON (AP) — From allegations of plotting to overturn a lost election to illegally stowing classified documents at his Florida estate, former President Donald Trump faces four criminal indictments in four different cities as he vies to reclaim the White House.​
The cases, totaling 91 felony counts, are winding through the courts at different speeds. Some might not reach trial this year, while one is set to begin in a matter of weeks.​
<...>​
There are NOT 91 indictments. There were, but there are not now. Three indictments have been dropped.

Georgia judge tosses some charges against Trump and others in 2020 election case

You were factually incorrect to write there are 91 indictments. There are not.

Clizby Wampuscat

I don't think you understood the point I was making.

Voting for Trump reflects poorly on one's character, but only about 22% of Americans did that the last time they had a chance, so this doesn't mean having a low opinion of half the country as @Shaul suggested it did.

If someone thinks supporting Biden reflects poorly on one's character, I suppose they can take a similar approach, but I'd suggest that before they do this, they reflect on why they would think supporting Biden would reflect poorly on a person and what this position says about themselves.
ok, this is just an opinion anyway.

Shaul

Premium Member
Well, no. Just because a charge is dropped doesn't mean the indictment didn't happen.
Legally it is actually as if it didn't. But nonetheless what was written was that "Trump does have 91 felony counts against him". That is the present tense, which is incorrect.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Legally it is actually as if it didn't. But nonetheless what was written was that "Trump does have 91 felony counts against him". That is the present tense, which is incorrect.
It seems a weak defense of Trump to claim
that 91 charges have been reduced to fewer.
I don't really care how many there are. The
big problem is that he attempted a coup.
The next biggest problem is that he promises
a campaign of vengeance against his political
foes in the media & government. This makes
him entirely unsuited to serve in any public
office....even if God has chosen him (which
speaks to regime change needed in Heaven).

Shaul

Premium Member
It seems a weak defense of Trump to claim
that 91 charges have been reduced to fewer.
I don't really care how many there are. The
big problem is that he attempted a coup.
The next biggest problem is that he promises
a campaign of vengeance against his political
foes in the media & government. This makes
him entirely unsuited to serve in any public
office....even if God has chosen him (which
speaks to regime change needed in Heaven).
I didn't write that the number of the indictment signified anything. Trump has not been indicted for any attempted coup d'etat. That speaks for itself.

crossfire

Premium Member
There are NOT 91 indictments. There were, but there are not now. Three indictments have been dropped.

Georgia judge tosses some charges against Trump and others in 2020 election case

You were factually incorrect to write there are 91 indictments. There are not.
For the second time, for crimey's sake, I ask that you refrain from misquoting me. I wrote 91 felony counts not 91 felony indictments.
If you do it a third time, I will report you as a Rule 7 violation.
Here is a source that was updated yesterday, citing 91 felony counts

Dated:
March 25, 2024, 1:14 PM ET​
snippet:
Not long ago, the idea that a former president—or a major-party presidential nominee—would face serious legal jeopardy was nearly unthinkable. Today, merely keeping track of the many cases against Donald Trump requires a law degree, a great deal of attention, or both.​
In all, Trump faces 91 felony counts across two state courts and two different federal districts, any of which could potentially produce a prison sentence. He has already lost a civil suit in New York that could hobble his business empire, as well as a pair of large defamation judgments.​

Shaul

Premium Member
For the second time, for crimey's sake, I ask that you refrain from misquoting me. I wrote 91 felony counts not 91 felony indictments.
If you do it a third time, I will report you as a Rule 7 violation.
Here is a source that was updated yesterday, citing 91 felony counts

Dated:
March 25, 2024, 1:14 PM ET​
snippet:
Not long ago, the idea that a former president—or a major-party presidential nominee—would face serious legal jeopardy was nearly unthinkable. Today, merely keeping track of the many cases against Donald Trump requires a law degree, a great deal of attention, or both.​
In all, Trump faces 91 felony counts across two state courts and two different federal districts, any of which could potentially produce a prison sentence. He has already lost a civil suit in New York that could hobble his business empire, as well as a pair of large defamation judgments.​
You are trying to make it a semantics issue. It isn't. It is about the number. There are not 91, there are 88.

crossfire

Premium Member
You are trying to make it a semantics issue. It isn't. It is about the number. There are not 91, there are 88.
I wrote counts, not indictments. There are 4 indictments, not 91 indictments. There were 91 felony counts, now it is possibly 88 counts. 88 felony counts is a legitimate (not deranged) cause for concern, not worthy of the label of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Pogo

Factually not what he said. For your edification:
What are counts in an indictment?

Counts most commonly refer to offenses contained in criminal indictments. Prosecutors must be very careful that each count does not contain multiple charges, constituting a duplicitous count.

Shaul

Premium Member
I wrote counts, not indictments. There are 4 indictments, not 91 indictments. There were 91 felony counts, now it is possibly 88 counts. 88 felony counts is a legitimate (not deranged) cause for concern, not worthy of the label of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
So you admit your original number of 91 was wrong and that it is "possibly" 88. If the number of counts is "legitimate cause for concern" then a reduction in the number is a legitimate reason for lessened concern.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So you admit your original number of 91 was wrong and that it is "possibly" 88. If the number of counts is "legitimate cause for concern" then a reduction in the number is a legitimate reason for lessened concern.
There is still a real possibility that those counts may be reinstated.