• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Don't Care No More

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
They both have new and updated revelation/prophetic books.
Jehovah's Witnesses have their own translation of the Bible, but I don't think they believe in modern day revelation from God to living prophets (as Mormonism does).

Tumah

Veteran Member
The contrapositive of that statement is that in your opinion our existence proves that God cares. How does our existence prove that?
Oh, nice. I didn't know there was an English phrase for that.
Because existence is materialization of the Divine Will. There needs to be a Will for existence to exist. If G-d is willing existence into existence, then G-d must will it.

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, nice. I didn't know there was an English phrase for that.
Because existence is materialization of the Divine Will. There needs to be a Will for existence to exist. If G-d is willing existence into existence, then G-d must will it.
I do not know if you are speaking cryptically. There needs to be a will for something like the US to have a constitution, but I am not sure about the physical universe. Without our will our country would not exist, but the land would still exist without our will.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I do not know if you are speaking cryptically. There needs to be a will for something like the US to have a constitution, but I am not sure about the physical universe. Without our will our country would not exist, but the land would still exist without our will.
I thought I explained it in the first sentence. "Existence is the materialization of the Divine Will." Our will doesn't cause things to exist, we can only act on things that already exist and when we stop willing it, the object continues to exist as it did. Unlike G-d.

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought I explained it in the first sentence. "Existence is the materialization of the Divine Will." Our will doesn't cause things to exist, we can only act on things that already exist and when we stop willing it, the object continues to exist as it did. Unlike G-d.
Then the divine will is not always material in your way of thinking. It can be unmanifested, since it must be manifested to become physical. How then can we know whether it has been manifested or whether we are part of the unmanifested divine will?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Then the divine will is not always material in your way of thinking. It can be unmanifested, since it must be manifested to become physical. How then can we know whether it has been manifested or whether we are part of the unmanifested divine will?
Its irrelevant. Whichever stage we are part of, we are not part of the preceding stage of un/manifestation whatever that is, nor (if there is one) of the latter stage. So what we perceive as manifest is, within our level of existence, manifest.

cambridge79

This was brought to my attention last night while reading a book on the nature of the universe. According to the Bible, after god created the Earth and plopped man down on it he stayed quite active in the lives of his creation. Chapter after chapter has him doing this, that, and the other thing. Sometimes obliterating sinners and the towns they lived in, often handing down new rules for living, or turning disobedient people (one people) into pillars of salt, or making sure that taunting boys got their comeuppance by having bears maul them to death. Of course, people continue to contend that god has done this or that to them in their lives, but nothing that makes the headlines like the things he did in the past.
There's no such a book as Significant Acts of God since the Bible describing note worthy events on par with those described in the Bible. God just doesn't seem to care any more. Of course if I'm mistaken, and there's evidence of god doing lots of stuff on the level with those in the Bible, I'm all ears.

the less witnesses are around the more god is actively present. Apparently he behaves like a mafioso.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well, certainly them above all others.
Well, picking on the easiest kid on the block to beat up is not impressive. There are many intelligent Christians with interpretations and understandings that don't end in 'God Don't Care No More'.

ThirtyThree

There are people who say that he sends tsunamis, others that expect him to protect or motivate armies, yet others might believe he has been working to make us discreetly wiser and more compassionate.

It is very hard to even attempt to evidence otherwise, you know.

Except these days people claim the tsunamis were created by George Bush's Earthquake machine. o_O

Thana

Lady
This was brought to my attention last night while reading a book on the nature of the universe. According to the Bible, after god created the Earth and plopped man down on it he stayed quite active in the lives of his creation. Chapter after chapter has him doing this, that, and the other thing. Sometimes obliterating sinners and the towns they lived in, often handing down new rules for living, or turning disobedient people (one people) into pillars of salt, or making sure that taunting boys got their comeuppance by having bears maul them to death. Of course, people continue to contend that god has done this or that to them in their lives, but nothing that makes the headlines like the things he did in the past.
There's no such a book as Significant Acts of God since the Bible describing note worthy events on par with those described in the Bible. God just doesn't seem to care any more. Of course if I'm mistaken, and there's evidence of god doing lots of stuff on the level with those in the Bible, I'm all ears.

I don't know what you're talking about.
There are plenty of signs, miracles and prophets out and about every day. Everything that happened in the bible happens today, Only the witnesses and intermediaries to God are usually prophets just like in the bible.
All the things that happened, rarely happened in front of or for the masses anyway.

So I'd say God cares now as much as He cared then.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

Things satan gets people to think about! "God doesn't care anymore"

John 3:16 (ESVST) 16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Things satan gets people to think about! "God doesn't care anymore"

John 3:16 (ESVST) 16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Should not, or will not?

Ciao

- viole

Skwim

Veteran Member
Depends on which Bible you read.

KJ21
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
ASV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

AMP
“For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life.

AMPC
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.​

serp777

Remember that Christians don't generally accept the old testament as a basis for their faith unless its the ten commandments. The rest of that stuff is allegorical and metaphorical but the new testament is completely literal and they BELIEVE IN JESUS!!! they don't believe the stories from the Torah and the Jews however.