• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does not answer prayers

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whatever trials people endure, living this imperfect life, will be forgotten about when they experience life under God's Kingdom rule in the future, during the Resurrection!
I do not believe that the Resurrection will be to the Kingdom of God on earth; I believe death of the body will be followed by a resurrection and continuation of life in the heavenly realm of existence, where the trials will be forgotten.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

BlueSky95

I do not believe that the Resurrection will be to the Kingdom of God on earth; I believe death of the body will be followed by a resurrection and continuation of life in the heavenly realm of existence, where the trials will be forgotten.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

This is how I view things too. I believe that eventually, everybody will be in Heaven, no, not that you from this world, but the real you, your Spirit, your true identity, flesh and blood can not inherit Heaven so everything related with the body remains here, even your human thinking.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is how I view things too. I believe that eventually, everybody will be in Heaven, no, not that you from this world, but the real you, your Spirit, your true identity, flesh and blood can not inherit Heaven so everything related with the body remains here, even your human thinking.
I believe that our true identity is our soul and our soul is responsible for our thinking, so we will continue to think after we die and go to the spiritual realm of existence aka heaven.

I believe it is the soul that directs the body and brain. The soul cannot be perceived in the material world, except as it is expressed in outward signs and works. The body is visible, the soul is invisible. Nevertheless, it is the soul that directs human faculties. As outer circumstances are communicated to the soul by the eyes, ears, and brain, the soul communicates its desires through the brain to the physical body, which thereby expresses itself.

The soul works through the brain and while we are alive on earth in a physical body, but when we die and no longer have a physical body the soul continues to live. It lives forever, and that is why it is called an immortal soul.

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world.

BlueSky95

I believe that our true identity is our soul and our soul is responsible for our thinking, so we will continue to think after we die and go to the spiritual realm of existence aka heaven.

I believe it is the soul that directs the body and brain. The soul cannot be perceived in the material world, except as it is expressed in outward signs and works. The body is visible, the soul is invisible. Nevertheless, it is the soul that directs human faculties. As outer circumstances are communicated to the soul by the eyes, ears, and brain, the soul communicates its desires through the brain to the physical body, which thereby expresses itself.

The soul works through the brain and while we are alive on earth in a physical body, but when we die and no longer have a physical body the soul continues to live. It lives forever, and that is why it is called an immortal soul.

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world.

The soul is your personality but the Spirit is higher than the soul, at least this is what my research lead me to believe. The soul is bound to the illusory world while the Spirit is completely free and its knowledge is infinite, basically, it's a spark of God and the soul is a spark of Spirit. The Spirit is the real You while the soul is this human you.

The Spirit is your Mind and the Soul your heart, the heart and the brain are the two most powerful energy points from your body, the heart is in fact the most powerful having an energy field around it even at meters away surrounding you 360 degrees. You can actually detect this energy field with the proper devices.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
May I ask a question please?
I want to ask, not as an attack on your beliefs, but to try and understand your view, and how you reason out things.
I find some here take offence when someone simply asks a question, or questions, and try to reason.

I would like to know, how you arrive at truth in relation to God, and his teachings. If you believe the Bible is inspired by God, and you use it in relation to a question or topic of discussion, how do you make the distinction between personal opinion, and biblical truth?

For example if the Bible says one thing, and we say another, how does the Bible have any relevance, if we hold to our opinion, regardless of what the Bible says?

To use an example, as I pointed out earlier, the statement "God has never answered prayers and will never answer prayers" is either true or false.
If the Bible says it is false, and we say it is true, and hold to that, the Bible is irrelevant, is it not? So what would be the point of using the Bible?
Would that not be discrediting the Bible?
Would that not then be giving Atheists and skeptics, a valid, and reasonable basis for ridiculing you, your beliefs, and your Bible?

How do you view these?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The soul is your personality but the Spirit is higher than the soul, at least this is what my research lead me to believe. The soul is bound to the illusory world while the Spirit is completely free and its knowledge is infinite, basically, it's a spark of God and the soul is a spark of Spirit. The Spirit is the real You while the soul is this human you.

The Spirit is your Mind and the Soul your heart, the heart and the brain are the two most powerful energy points from your body, the heart is in fact the most powerful having an energy field around it even at meters away surrounding you 360 degrees. You can actually detect this energy field with the proper devices.
I believe that the soul and the human spirit are one and the same entity. The following is what I believe and I think it is similar to what you believe, although it is a different way of understanding it.

“The human spirit which distinguishes man from the animal is the rational soul, and these two names—the human spirit and the rational soul—designate one thing. This spirit, which in the terminology of the philosophers is the rational soul, embraces all beings, and as far as human ability permits discovers the realities of things and becomes cognizant of their peculiarities and effects, and of the qualities and properties of beings. But the human spirit, unless assisted by the spirit of faith, does not become acquainted with the divine secrets and the heavenly realities. It is like a mirror which, although clear, polished and brilliant, is still in need of light. Until a ray of the sun reflects upon it, it cannot discover the heavenly secrets.

But the mind is the power of the human spirit. Spirit is the lamp; mind is the light which shines from the lamp. Spirit is the tree, and the mind is the fruit. Mind is the perfection of the spirit and is its essential quality, as the sun’s rays are the essential necessity of the sun.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 208-209

BlueSky95

I believe that the soul and the human spirit are one and the same entity. The following is what I believe and I think it is similar to what you believe, although it is a different way of understanding it.

“The human spirit which distinguishes man from the animal is the rational soul, and these two names—the human spirit and the rational soul—designate one thing. This spirit, which in the terminology of the philosophers is the rational soul, embraces all beings, and as far as human ability permits discovers the realities of things and becomes cognizant of their peculiarities and effects, and of the qualities and properties of beings. But the human spirit, unless assisted by the spirit of faith, does not become acquainted with the divine secrets and the heavenly realities. It is like a mirror which, although clear, polished and brilliant, is still in need of light. Until a ray of the sun reflects upon it, it cannot discover the heavenly secrets.

But the mind is the power of the human spirit. Spirit is the lamp; mind is the light which shines from the lamp. Spirit is the tree, and the mind is the fruit. Mind is the perfection of the spirit and is its essential quality, as the sun’s rays are the essential necessity of the sun.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 208-209

Well, I know about this theory, ultimately, all is one because everything is of God and from God.

Why do I say the Spirit is higher than the soul? I read dozens near death experiences and some keep their persoanlity while others experience an expansion of their being to the point they no longer see themselves as separated but one with everything else. Also they experience an expansion of knowledge to the point they have all the knowledge that ever was or will ever be.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, I know about this theory, ultimately, all is one because everything is of God and from God.

Why do I say the Spirit is higher than the soul? I read dozens near death experiences and some keep their personality while others experience an expansion of their being to the point they no longer see themselves as separated but one with everything else. Also they experience an expansion of knowledge to the point they have all the knowledge that ever was or will ever be.
Near death experiences are interesting but I do not think they represent what the spiritual world will be like because these people were not fully dead, since they never crossed the portal from life to death. Some interesting books on the afterlife are as follows:

The Afterlife Revealed

Private Dowding

MNoBody

God has never answered prayers and will never answer prayers, why so? Ask yourself this, how does God decide to answer prayers?

Here we have a mother who prays day and night for her child that has cancer and eventually, the child dies, every day thousands upon thousands children die from horrible diseases. Here we have a young man who prays for finding a good job and he finds his dream job, giving thanks that his prayer was answered, I've read so many testimonies about this. Now, from time to time, we have testimonies of miraculous healings, but ask yourself, why there are so few and not more? This should ring a bell!

It is not God who answer prayers, from my own research, there are two main things when it comes to prayers - your faith and your life journey.

Remember what Jesus used to say to those who healed them? Your faith has saved you!

A question arises, where is God in this equation of prayers? God is the power that manifests the answer to your prayer but the answer does not come from God, it comes from your faith and your life journey. If you have faith and this is part of your life journey, then there's nothing to stop your prayers from being answered.

I am still not sure of the last thing, the life journey, because in my belief, we decide our life journey each moment.
if fortune and fate [otherwise known as god/gad] has a divine plan for this whole reality,
then why would such a deity deign to let any independent operator just throw wrench's into their divine plan foreknown from the beginning?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
if fortune and fate [otherwise known as god/gad] has a divine plan for this whole reality,
then why would such a deity deign to let any independent operator just throw wrench's into their divine plan foreknown from the beginning?
Who is the independent operator?

MNoBody

Who is the independent operator?
that would be any old tom dick or harry , free-will agent, who wishes to just do whatever, in a universe that ostensibly a divine deity has some divine plan working out in,
which implies the idea of an architect,
and if you worked in a construction trade, then quickly one finds out how much latitude architects have in indulging individual sub-trades[operators] in just doing things as they saw fit, without any regard for the 'plan'.....

BlueSky95

From our human perspective, there seems to be a divine plan, from God's perspective, everything is rolling right now, past and future are happening right now. Can God plan something for this reality when planning involves thinking about a future event? That would bound God to time.

I don't just talk like that, I did my research, reading dozens and maybe hundreas cases about people having a near death experience. There are also my own experiences.

MNoBody

From our human perspective, there seems to be a divine plan, from God's perspective, everything is rolling right now, past and future are happening right now. Can God plan something for this reality when planning involves thinking about a future event? That would bound God to time.

I don't just talk like that, I did my research, reading dozens and maybe hundreas cases about people having a near death experience. There are also my own experiences.
the whole concept of a divine personage is totally bound up with the idea of Time in man's mind, from what I have observed.
The divine beings always taught man how to reckon the stars, to keep time, record the records, etc, which is what one would expect in a causal domain of a "time-lord" [ to play out the idea........ these are all just maps we make to communicate ideas]

BlueSky95

the whole concept of a divine personage is totally bound up with the idea of Time in man's mind, from what I have observed.
The divine beings always taught man how to reckon the stars, to keep time, record the records, etc, which is what one would expect in a causal domain of a "time-lord" [ to play out the idea........ these are all just maps we make to communicate ideas]

Yes, it is.. people can't actually see God outside of the human sphere.. For me all that matters is the truth, the true nature of things, knowing the truth means absolute liberation to me.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Nice gobbledygook!!

The one flaw in your claim is like I keep on pointing out, your so-called "messengers" from your "god" can only spout out bombastic gobbledygook that sounds fanciful enough to fool most people, but they NEVER contain anything truly spiritual in nature.

Like your fumbling around here. Now if your so-called "messenger" really had anything spiritual to pass on from god, you would know EXACTLY why prayers are never answered. But lacking such spiritual understanding, because your "messenger" gave you none, all you can do is make up stuff.

But besides all that, you previously claimed:

So which is it, your "god" manifested himself as your PHYSICAL Baha'u'lah, or he was just a "messenger" passing along some spiritually void gibberish?

You cannot have it both ways.

Do you even understand that what sounds like bombastic gobbledygook TO YOU does not sound that way to EVERYONE and that you do not determine what is bombastic gobbledygook?

But it IS bombastic gobbledygook that you were TOLD means something ("spiritual") other than what it actually means, nothing.

And when it comes to pointing out false so-called "spiritual" claims, yes I DO get to determine that it is bombastic gobbledygook.

Yes, and that is what happens when people read and interpret the Bible stories literally. They anthropomorphize God.

But you have something truly spiritual in nature, something BETTER than Jesus and Baha'u'llah?

And God spoke to you, so you have something better? Why is it better, just because you think so?

I already covered this with you in the past and ALL you did is what you always do when boxed in and made to see how spiritual lacking your mythology really is, you threw out all the tactics of AVOIDANCE that you could think of and finally just ran away in a sniffy huff.

God did not become a man. I explained that a Manifestation of God is not God. In His innermost reality, He is the Voice of God, but He is also a human.

But again, that is NOT what you previously stated:

But they do take on physical bodies and appear to people. God manifested Himself as Jesus and as Baha'u'lah and many others.
But God's Spirit cannot appear because you cannot see Spirit. Logic 101

What those quotes say is that God only does what God WANTS and CHOOSES to do, so if God does not want to or chooses not to appear God won't appear, even if He could appear.

There it is, you stated your "god" took on a physical body to APPEAR to people. Then stumble over your own false words with the ending of:

"even if He could appear".

So enough word games. Either your "god" can appear to others or not, you cannot have it both ways.

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 66-67

Thanks for submitting this bit of bombastic gobbledygook to back up your false claim. First off I can see that it's taken out of context as there is no explanation of thoughts leading up to it.

And despite what you were TOLD it means, you clearly don't even know how to read.

For starters I can see in the very beginning:

"Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual,"

Now it says "He hath assigned a twofold nature". Which means he has assigned a twofold nature, (Probably meaning assigned to physical beings.) and NOT he IS assigned a twofold nature. So either you're trying to deceive me or you have been deceived as to what it really means.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
These scriptures show that God does answer prayers... not all prayers though, since Jesus is talking to his friends... not all people.John 15:16

I missed that. Please point out WHERE it states "not all people" in those verses.

Please point out WHERE it states "all people" in those verses.

I see you really love to play your silly word games.

ALL those verses I posted claim that ALL prayers will be answered.There are no exclusions to "sometimes" or only to "some" people.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
You would have to point out where in the Bible it says all people, or that God is supposed to. I could show you where in the Bible God says, and shows he does not listen to, or answer all people. You can see my post in this thread, to start.

The bible "god" says ALL prayers will be answered. There are no "sometimes" or "maybe to someone if he feels like answering".

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Ancient Soul Your claims have been acknowledged. Unfortunately you have no support for them. Is that okay for you? It's not okay for me, but I have no choice to accept that they are unsupported claims you want to make.