• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does not answer prayers

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you mean like this insult and attack made in reply to my simply stating how I met God and he answers all of my spiritual questions:
But that post was not made in reply to you simply stating how I met God and he answers all of my spiritual questions.

That post was not written to YOU and In was not referring to YOU so by no stretch of the imagination could that ever be considered a personal attack on YOU.

joelr said: It's cute that you switched it around and pretended like everyone who claims to have god communication is really having god communication.

Trailblazer said: I certainly never said that. Ordinary people who claim to have god communication are delusional because only Messengers of God receive communication from God.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I didn't even bother to address it because you are clearly one of those deceptive and condescending "christians" who cannot be engaged in honest debates, just likes to avoid debate while insulting others at the same time.

An honest Christian would have at least acknowledged the "either be "saved" from the evil Christian/bible "god" or be tortured thru-out all eternity FEAR mongering. EVERYBODY who knows even the beginning basics of Christianity and the bible knows this, and so only a dishonest "christian" would even try to deny or ignore this.
You must have had a bad experience.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I didn't even bother to address it because you are clearly one of those deceptive and condescending "christians" who cannot be engaged in honest debates, just likes to avoid debate while insulting others at the same time.

An honest Christian would have at least acknowledged the "either be "saved" from the evil Christian/bible "god" or be tortured thru-out all eternity FEAR mongering. EVERYBODY who knows even the beginning basics of Christianity and the bible knows this, and so only a dishonest "christian" would even try to deny or ignore this.

You must have had a bad experience.

Condescending non-reply.

Unable to debate I see.

joelr

You are talking about "death rates"... not cancer incidences! Yes, medical advances have reduced death rates... but look up cancer incidences.

I did? Cancer incidences have gone down for reasons like less smokers but gone up because more people are living into the age where cancer is most common - 85-88.

The food reasons you gave are reasons why there is 40% obesity in the US, more heart attacks, strokes, diabeties.

Milton Platt

How can i know that anything good would come anyway?
Onlywhen good deeds have been done can i see that God would reward me with something good. If i live badly no good will be given to me

That would make you a very unusual person...I would say unique. For virtually everyone else in the world, both good and bad things happen all the time with no reference to prayer, etc.
But your post does not really answer the question I posited. How do you know that anything good comes from a god rather thatn chance or planning by you or someone else? How do you explain all the bad things? Who/what causes those?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
God has never answered prayers and will never answer prayers, why so? Ask yourself this, how does God decide to answer prayers?

Here we have a mother who prays day and night for her child that has cancer and eventually, the child dies, every day thousands upon thousands children die from horrible diseases. Here we have a young man who prays for finding a good job and he finds his dream job, giving thanks that his prayer was answered, I've read so many testimonies about this. Now, from time to time, we have testimonies of miraculous healings, but ask yourself, why there are so few and not more? This should ring a bell!

It is not God who answer prayers, from my own research, there are two main things when it comes to prayers - your faith and your life journey.

Remember what Jesus used to say to those who healed them? Your faith has saved you!

A question arises, where is God in this equation of prayers? God is the power that manifests the answer to your prayer but the answer does not come from God, it comes from your faith and your life journey. If you have faith and this is part of your life journey, then there's nothing to stop your prayers from being answered.

I am still not sure of the last thing, the life journey, because in my belief, we decide our life journey each moment.
God does answer prayers.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
That would make you a very unusual person...I would say unique. For virtually everyone else in the world, both good and bad things happen all the time with no reference to prayer, etc.
But your post does not really answer the question I posited. How do you know that anything good comes from a god rather thatn chance or planning by you or someone else? How do you explain all the bad things? Who/what causes those?

What "bad" things?

Name some.