• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God discovered by Science

Sophiaa

I suppose if its lights out and game over when ionic currents stop flowing across our brain neurons , then we'll never know. If any of us sim characters do ever get reanimated whereby we can know God's computational powers, then me might realize ourselves to be simulated beings by God.
Once we obey God's word everything will be fine that the bottom line.

Sophiaa

I replaced the imaginary concept of a deity with unicorns, can you cite an objective difference to me please, or has science just proved unicorns?

Is this not marvellous in your eyes? Oh that is a question, you omitted the question mark, half a point off, and since word salad gets only half a point you score zero, sorry, thanks for playing, next.
Are unicorns and God the same thing?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I dont think anything can prove the Biblical God, because the Biblical God does not want to be proven. He wants people with the awareness to have faith even under mass deceptions.
Many verses demonstrate this.
What deceptions are these?

I don't think anything can prove God, because God does not want to be proven. He wants people with the awareness to have faith in the evidence that has been provided by Him.

Nobody can prove that God exists, except to themselves, but that will not be a fact. Belief in God always involves faith because God can never be located by using a GPS tracker. However, faith can be reason-based rather than blind faith with no supporting evidence.

God wants our faith and that is the logical reason why there is no absolute proof.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

That verse explains why God does not provide the kind of proof that atheists require, because if God did that then we would not need faith. The irony is that once we have absolute certitude of our beliefs faith is no longer necessary because our faith has become proof to us.

Anyone who sets criteria for God as to how God should provide evidence of His existence is not earnestly seeking God. I wonder what God thinks about that? An omnipotent God only does what He chooses to do, not what humans want Him to do. That is logic 101. Those who look at the evidence that God chooses to provide are rewarded.

We do not get to set criteria for and Almighty God as to what evidence He should provide. That is beyond ludicrous.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
if this concept is yours, then you are definitely going to get a Nobel prize for producing the greatest scientific proof of all time.
Nobody can ever prove that God exists, except to themselves, and that will constitute proof to anyone else.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Now the next question is what caused the dust to act

What created the sun to ignite

The dust acted the way it did because of gravity. The sun 'ignited' because gravitational collapse put the core under pressure and produced a temperature such that nuclear fusion could occur.

Gravity is a rather important force on the scale of the solar system.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Energy
The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. ... In other words, energy cannot be created or destroyed.

This is how science discovered an area of God

Stating that God is many things and that God is power and since power is energy

Therefore since science says
. Energy can not be created or destroyed

There for God exists

Because science shows that there is a force that can not be created and that force can not be destroyed

They called that force energy

While the Bible calls that force God

The linkage is very clear for all to see the evidence from scientists research

If science never found this force then Bible theories maybe said to be lying but here science found it and science explain it exactly the way Bible explains it

God can not be created and God cannot be destroyed same as energy definition

Is this not marvelous in our eyes

Glory to God
And welcome! Yes, creation itself declares there is a God. IMV :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The point is, the poem had an author.

As does every narrative, including those which feature Rabbi's with a flair for poetry.

Sure, and I agree that the poetry and metaphor in mythology is important and should be treasured.

But it's not proof of god. The analogy doesn't suffice if the comparison is with physical proof of a creator.

idea

Question Everything
So you are pantheistic, since you are defining God as energy and matter that cannot be created or destroyed, which means all matter and energy?

Exactly - the laws of thermo reveal everything is eternal, nothing was ever created or made, everything has always existed, and everything will always exist.

No beginning to anything.
No creator, no creation.
No end to anything.
Just eternally changing form for all of it.

https://panspermia.org/thebegin.htm

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The analogy is exactly the same thing

God created the universe you are the king

You found the earth which is the kings poem
You have two choices ask who wrote the poem which mean who created the earth

And understand some one must have created it rather than thinking it just appeared from nowhere

But, that is a problematic analogy.

1. I know poems are written by humans, and in this case, the human, ink, pen, and parchment are all together in the same room.
2. I do not know if Universes are created by a god, and there are mechanistic explanations that partially explain how the Universe formed with no god that can be detected (so far).

Therefore, it is not an adequate analogy.

sealchan

Energy
The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. ... In other words, energy cannot be created or destroyed.

This is how science discovered an area of God

Stating that God is many things and that God is power and since power is energy

Therefore since science says
. Energy can not be created or destroyed

There for God exists

Because science shows that there is a force that can not be created and that force can not be destroyed

They called that force energy

While the Bible calls that force God

The linkage is very clear for all to see the evidence from scientists research

If science never found this force then Bible theories maybe said to be lying but here science found it and science explain it exactly the way Bible explains it

God can not be created and God cannot be destroyed same as energy definition

Is this not marvelous in our eyes

Glory to God

Energy can be and constantly is being transformed. How does this relate to God?

Sophiaa

You have to be *very* careful about this, though. For example, in a curved spacetime, it may be impossible to even discuss the total energy of a region. LOCALLY, energy will not be created nor destroyed, but globally, things get trickier.

No. Power is the rate of energy change. Since energy is conserved, the total power is zero.

How do you define the concept of 'God'? Equating God to energy may not have the consequences you desire.

Nope. Energy is produced by a force acting over a distance. Energy, force, and power are all *very* different things. if you want to use the technical fact that energy is not created nor destroyed, you also need to use the technical definitions for the other terms here.

Force and energy are very different things.

It isn't so clear to those of us who actually know physics.

Really? Where does the Bible discuss the different types of energy and how they can be interconverted? Where does the Bible talk about potential energy, kinetic energy, electrical energy, chemical energy, heat, etc and how all of those are equivalent? I haven't seen it in my reading of the Bible.

Well, angular momentum also cannot be created or destroyed in the absence of an overall torque. That doesn't make angular momentum the same as God. There are other conservation laws out there as well. So, the total electron number cannot be created or destroyed.

Welcome.
In physics, power is the amount of energy transferred...

Even at that let say you are correct... then God is still energy because Bible states that God never gets tired. Are you happy now?

I already stated that God is many things etc

Which means
God is love
God is power
God is energy
God is faithful
the list goes on and on... God is a force to all his things are clearly shown in the Bible

Linking it with energy I will arrive at the point i desire I already arrived at the point

Even if energy, force power are different Bible shows God is still all of them put together or one by one Bible show that

It very clear
God is a force
God is power
God is energy

It in the Bible the meaning of force, power, energy in physics is in the Bible and it shows God possess that attribute

I'm equally a guru in physics :)

Really? Where does the Bible discuss the different types of energy and how they can be interconverted? Where does the Bible talk about potential energy, kinetic energy, electrical energy, chemical energy, heat, etc and how all of those are equivalent? I haven't seen it in my reading of the Bible.
God is an energy that created all things. It is not a man in the sky or a woman for that matter. It is an energy that pervades all things and is part of it all. It does not judge, condemn or think like we do.

Ephesians 6:10. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the (power) of His might.” ...
Psalm 27:1. “The LORD is my light (spiritual electrical energy) and salvation; whom shall I fear? ...
Isaiah 41:10.10 ¶ aFear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will give you energy (strengthen) thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Energy conservation is faithful stewardship. The gifts of God's creation are to be conserved over time for God's children. "This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations" (Gen 9:12).

God is an energy force which is present everywhere. The more you try to control that energy more you suffer.

Acts 1:8
But you shall receive power (supernatural energy) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Hebrews 9:17
For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Jesus our lord God covenant came into effect is of force when he died which shows God is a force

Note am not saying energy is God am saying energy is part of God and has the same characteristics of God therefore since it can not be created or destroyed so is that part of God

If you say angular momentum
Has the same characteristics as energy then I will have to study as it relates to God I will do that next time

Sophiaa

The dust acted the way it did because of gravity. The sun 'ignited' because gravitational collapse put the core under pressure and produced a temperature such that nuclear fusion could occur.

You are still going in a circle

Next question who created gravity

Sophiaa

No, but the evidence for the two is remarkably similar.
No it can't be similar because the definition of God and energy is it can never be created or destroyed. Even science never described unicorn like that or did I miss that part in the dictionary

RestlessSoul

Sure, and I agree that the poetry and metaphor in mythology is important and should be treasured.

But it's not proof of god. The analogy doesn't suffice if the comparison is with physical proof of a creator.

Poetry, literature, art, music, are not proof of anything. They can, however, provide windows into mysteries, affording us new perspectives on this dream within a dream, which we call life.

The Rabbi in the story offered the King such a window, just as the storyteller offers a window to us; up to the King and us, whether we look through at all, and if we do so with minds open or shut.

RestlessSoul

And who or what is conducting this symphony? What power regulates the harmony of limitless phenomena?