• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God & Christ are higher being GOD

BeesAir7

The misunderstanding with the science crowd is that how could god create the universe, which is true I guess. Although it is beyond obvious that Christ and other Saints are beings through higher evolved beings and states.

sXGuhQ8.png
]

John C. Lilly - Seduction by K-1-min.png John C. Lilly - Seduction by K-1-min.png John C. Lilly - Seduction by K-4-min.png

Attachments

• John C. Lilly - Beliefs Unlimited Exercise.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • John C. Lilly - God as Consciousness.pdf
    81.6 KB · Views: 0
  • John C. Lilly - The Opening of Our Minds.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
  • John C. Lilly - Levels of Samadhi.pdf
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • John C. Lilly - ECCO.pdf
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • John C. Lilly - Seduction by K-3-min.png
    John C. Lilly - Seduction by K-3-min.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

BeesAir7

What makes Dr Lilly an expert on religion?
He is a scientist

I call God ECCO now. The Earth Coincidence Control Office. It’s much more satisfying to call it that. A lot of people accept this and they don’t know that they’re just talking about God. I finally found a God that was big enough. As the astronomer said to the minister, “My God’s astronomical,” The minister said, “How can you relate to something that big?” The astronomer said, “Well, that isn’t a problem, your God’s too small!”

BeesAir7

John Lilly: When I was seven years old I had a vision alone in a Catholic church. Suddenly I saw God on his throne; an old man with a white beard and white hair surrounded by angels and the saints parading around with a lot of music. I made the mistake of asking a nun about the vision and she said, “Only saints have visions!” I assumed that she thought I wasn’t a saint.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Can you clarify if the Title is a typo please? Was that GOO supposed to be GOD?

How does a man in a Davey Crockett hat have more credibility than Jesus Christ? o_O

Did Jesus ever teach about this stuff? Did he teach altered states of consciousness and how to achieve them? Did he tell us about mapping out these altered states of consciousness so that others could explore and experience them too?
character0101.gif
No! But we have a warning in Deuteronomy 18:9-12 that we should avoid all spiritistic practices because God finds them to be an 'abomination'. Isn't that stronger way of saying "don't go there"?
confused0060.gif

He sounds like he's been 'tripin'.....
character0066.gif
....and for a very long time.

IMO, no Christian can subscribe to these things. We are warned not to mess it because the beings we can encounter in certain altered states of mind, may not be who they pretend to be. (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
There’s an article on the late Dr. Lily on Wikipedia. A very interesting character.

A Vestigial Mote

I surmise that this man just allows poop to fall freely from his mouth.

One of the "levels" includes "being in a positive LSD energy state." Why must drug use be mentioned within so many prescriptions/descriptions from these "spiritualists?" Anyone who thinks a chemical-addled brain is a trustworthy instrument to perceive anything with is simply being foolish.

As soon as you have altered your brain chemistry outside of normal operating levels, you have most assuredly left any realm in which you can claim to have found "truth." On drugs, you are then an artificially-achieved version of yourself. It doesn't "mean" anything. Your brain is trying to cope, and having a hard time, so weird things happen. That's all. Hence the reason no one comes out of these states with any actual "secrets of the universe." You aren't in some magical realm while your brain is struggling to continue operating for you while you're whacked out on drugs. I am not saying that some experience you had on drugs can't alter your perception. It is possible that various neurons firing or pathways between varying information being built while you are on the drugs and having some kind of free-roaming thought leads to some kind of new thought or revelation that you otherwise wouldn't have had. That's entirely plausible. But what is implausible is that you "transcend reality," or that you enter into some other plane of existence. It's ridiculous. As in... should be ridiculed. It should be ridiculed until the people blathering on like this guy shut their mouths in shame.

BeesAir7

I surmise that this man just allows poop to fall freely from his mouth.

One of the "levels" includes "being in a positive LSD energy state." Why must drug use be mentioned within so many prescriptions/descriptions from these "spiritualists?" Anyone who thinks a chemical-addled brain is a trustworthy instrument to perceive anything with is simply being foolish.

As soon as you have altered your brain chemistry outside of normal operating levels, you have most assuredly left any realm in which you can claim to have found "truth." On drugs, you are then an artificially-achieved version of yourself. It doesn't "mean" anything. Your brain is trying to cope, and having a hard time, so weird things happen. That's all. Hence the reason no one comes out of these states with any actual "secrets of the universe." You aren't in some magical realm while your brain is struggling to continue operating for you while you're whacked out on drugs. I am not saying that some experience you had on drugs can't alter your perception. It is possible that various neurons firing or pathways between varying information being built while you are on the drugs and having some kind of free-roaming thought leads to some kind of new thought or revelation that you otherwise wouldn't have had. That's entirely plausible. But what is implausible is that you "transcend reality," or that you enter into some other plane of existence. It's ridiculous. As in... should be ridiculed. It should be ridiculed until the people blathering on like this guy shut their mouths in shame.
That would be true, it is just certain humans ruin it for others. If everyone took Psychedelics it would stop a lot of crazy people going ape. https://www.ayahuascachurches.org/

The unfortunate thing about Christianity in the western society is there is not so much full time prayer or service, it would be nice if beings of higher planes brought in monasteries which would convert folks into monks and prayer and service,

Does Christianity have a Psychedelic History? - The Psychedelic Gospels