• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless all in this forum

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hello,
Glad to be able to be here and thanks to the Creator Lord Jesus to allow me to spread His message. Hope for everyone to enjoy this Christmas safely and full of joy, remembering that the biggest gift you can receive is to allow our Lord to be within your heart.
God bless you.
Welcome to RF :)

InChrist

Free4ever
Hello,
Glad to be able to be here and thanks to the Creator Lord Jesus to allow me to spread His message. Hope for everyone to enjoy this Christmas safely and full of joy, remembering that the biggest gift you can receive is to allow our Lord to be within your heart.
God bless you.
God bless you.
Merry Christmas!
No greater gift, no greater joy than Jesus.
Love, InChrist

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is one viewpoint. The NASB says it this way:
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!
It is the exegesis that gives it different viewpoints.
14 δόξα sc. ἐστίν (indic., now that Messiah is born) not ἔστω impv. ὕψιστος highest, τὰ ὕ. the heavens. ἐν ἀνθρώποις among men or ἐν before dat. possibly pleon. to or for men §120. εὐδοκία favour, good-will, ἄνθρωποι εὐδοκίας a Hebr., gen. standing for adj. “men pleasing to him”, i.e. men in whom he is well pleased ⟦var. ἐν ἀνθρώποις εὐδοκία good will among (or to/for) men⟧...............
I looked in the Interlinear Translation of the Christian Greek (NT) Scriptures at Luke 2:14 and this is what I found.
'....... and upon earth peace in men of well thinking.'

I agree definitely as posted above peace among those with whom He (God) is pleased. ( or whom God approves )
Which is quite a difference from 'good will towards men' in general.
The angelic hosts were Not proclaiming peace to God's enemies because there is No peace for them - Isaiah 57:21
So, it is the old JKV wording that is Not clear in that particular verse found at Luke 2:14.
Thus, the men pleasing God would be the ones who choose to follow His Son :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I looked in the Interlinear Translation of the Christian Greek (NT) Scriptures at Luke 2:14 and this is what I found.
'....... and upon earth peace in men of well thinking.'

I agree definitely as posted above peace among those with whom He (God) is pleased. ( or whom God approves )
Which is quite a difference from 'good will towards men' in general.
The angelic hosts were Not proclaiming peace to God's enemies because there is No peace for them - Isaiah 57:21
So, it is the old JKV wording that is Not clear in that particular verse found at Luke 2:14.
Thus, the men pleasing God would be the ones who choose to follow His Son :)

I would wholeheartedly agree.

It isn’t “who is bad and doesn’t deserve it” but rather “whosever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life”.

Personally, as I would view it, I would say it this way, “Indeed there is goodwill towards all men but only those who accept his peace through Jesus receive the goodwill”. “Whosoever” denotes all people but the decision is individual.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Oeste

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I've been busy and haven't been able to follow or respond to posts, but would like to wish everyone a blessed and safe holiday season.

Take care,

Oeste

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
May the FSM -- PBUH -- shower you with beer and caress you with His noodly appendage.

Welcome to RF. I'd be glad to discuss Jesus with you.
one does not say pbuh to fsm, the lord of universe. that is for his minions.
I often hear the expression ' good will towards men....... '
But in the original isn't it: ' Peace on Earth towards men of goodwill. ' ( a difference in meaning )
not to all! hell for atheists?
That is one viewpoint. The NASB says it this way:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!
here again. i don't agree to existence of any god, but hindus have different gods and goddesses and they do not exclude anyone in their blessings, even atheists and those who are not hindus. you people are drumming your view.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........................not to all! hell for atheists?
To which 'hell' are you referring?
I find there is a BIG difference in the meaning about the Bible's hell because the Bible's hell is simply the grave.
Righteous Jesus went to biblical hell the day he died according to Luke at Acts 2:27
Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' in death - John 11;11-14; Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, the biblical hell is mankind's stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead. ( No pain in death )
It is: Peace to 'men of goodwill'. Who ends up being destroyed are the wicked - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

InChrist

Free4ever
Hello and welcome to RF :)

The Creator having No beginning according to Psalm 90:2, meaning God was before the beginning of anything.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning but never ' before ' the beginning as his God was.
That’s definitely the Watchtower view and interpretation, but certainly not the orthodox Christian view of the way the scriptures portray Jesus Christ as the eternal Son; Creator and One with His Father and Holy Spirit.

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:8-10

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That’s definitely the Watchtower view and interpretation, but certainly not the orthodox Christian view of the way the scriptures portray Jesus Christ as the eternal Son; Creator and One with His Father and Holy Spirit.
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:8-10
Yes, Jesus is the Eternal Son. Jesus answered truthfully at John 10:36 as to who he is ______________
Jesus gives credit to his God as being Creator - Rev. 4:11
Jesus taught as to who to worship at John 4:23-24
God's spirit (Numbers 11:17,25) is a neuter "it" and not a person.
Just like our spirit "it" is also a neuter " it " at Ecclesiastes 12:7 B and not a person.
Yes, beware..... Col. 2:8-10; 1:19 ...... because Jesus is at God's right hand - 1st Peter 3:22; Ephesians 1:20
Jesus has his own throne, and God has His own throne, No throne for God's spirit - Revelation 3:21
God's spirit (Psalm 104:30) is the power God uses in the congregation fulfilling Jesus' instruction found at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
- www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................................, but would like to wish everyone a blessed and safe holiday season.
Take care, Oeste
.... and I would like to wish everyone a blessed-and-safe passage into calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth.
- Isaiah 26:20; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

ajay0

Hello,
God bless you.

Thanks for the blessings and well-wishes. :)