• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless all in this forum

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello,
Glad to be able to be here and thanks to the Creator Lord Jesus to allow me to spread His message. Hope for everyone to enjoy this Christmas safely and full of joy, remembering that the biggest gift you can receive is to allow our Lord to be within your heart.
God bless you.

Good day, welcome to RF. Enjoy.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Hello, and welcome to RF.

Glad to be able to be here and thanks to the Creator Lord Jesus to allow me to spread His message.

I hope not. Religious Forums is a diverse online community with many different religions represented on its forum. I hope you will respect that.

Hope for everyone to enjoy this Christmas safely and full of joy,

I wish the same for you.

remembering that the biggest gift you can receive is to allow our Lord to be within your heart.

As far as I'm concerned, the most wonderful blessings in my life are my husband and children, but you're entitled to believe otherwise.

God bless you.

Blessed Be, and may the deities of Wicca and Druidry bless you.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hello,
Glad to be able to be here and thanks to the Creator Lord Jesus to allow me to spread His message. Hope for everyone to enjoy this Christmas safely and full of joy, remembering that the biggest gift you can receive is to allow our Lord to be within your heart.
God bless you.
May you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers. May this season be filled with His blessings that He has commanded to come to your life. May you and yours have the hedge of protection as declared in Psalms 91.

May He also give you wisdom on how to share His love and light in such a manner that people see the light of Him through you but within Rule #8. Just as Paul was able to share the Gospel by talking about the statue to the “unknown God”, may you be able to share the light of Him to where people “know” and can make their decision about the love of God manifested in the manger that housed sacrificial lambs for He was declared to be the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world (of course, within the context of my signature)

This is a great time where, in our faith, angels proclaimed “Peace on earth and good will towards men (mankind)”.

Laika

Premium Member
Hello,
God bless you.
Welcome to the forums @rrohena and have a very merry Christmas! :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hello,
God bless you.
Hello and welcome to RF :)
I think you'll find a number of differences here about the spreading of Jesus' message - Luke 4:43 ; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
( Side note: I think it was Abraham Lincoln in referring to the biggest gift was the Bible )
The Bible of course is about Lord Jesus and his ransom gift for us - Matthew 20:28.
The Creator having No beginning according to Psalm 90:2, meaning God was before the beginning of anything.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning but never ' before ' the beginning as his God was.
.... and a blessing to you rrohena - Numbers 6:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........This is a great time where, in our faith, angels proclaimed “Peace on earth and good will towards men (mankind)”.
I often hear the expression ' good will towards men....... '
But in the original isn't it: ' Peace on Earth towards men of goodwill. ' ( a difference in meaning )

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I often hear the expression ' good will towards men....... '
But in the original isn't it: ' Peace on Earth towards men of goodwill. ' ( a difference in meaning )
That is one viewpoint. The NASB says it this way:

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!

It is the exegesis that gives it different viewpoints.

14 δόξα sc. ἐστίν (indic., now that Messiah is born) not ἔστω impv. ὕψιστος highest, τὰ ὕ. the heavens. ἐν ἀνθρώποις among men or ἐν before dat. possibly pleon. to or for men §120. εὐδοκία favour, good-will, ἄνθρωποι εὐδοκίας a Hebr., gen. standing for adj. “men pleasing to him”, i.e. men in whom he is well pleased ⟦var. ἐν ἀνθρώποις εὐδοκία good will among (or to/for) men⟧.

Zerwick, M., & Grosvenor, M. (1974). A grammatical analysis of the Greek New Testament (p. 177). Rome: Biblical Institute Press.