• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And His Attitude Toward Sex

Skwim

Veteran Member

In going over god's (the god of Abraham) interest in sexual matters I discovered that he's quite clear about what he's against: having sex during one's monthly period, sexual immorality, passion, orgies, rape, sensuality, adultery, bestiality, homosexuality, and prostitution. Now, I can sort of understand some of these, but passion and sensuality? And rape is only worthy of capital punishment if the girl is "pledged to be married."

Moreover, god says nothing about Oral sex or Anal sex, which to my way of thinking is quite alright, but he's silent about Pedophilia, It's as if he doesn't care if you have sex with children, but don't dare be passionate.

---SOURCES---

Exodus 20:14
14“You shall not commit adultery.

Leviticus 18:19
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:19-21 (above)

Exodus 22:19
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 18:23
Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

Leviticus 20:15-16
15And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. 16And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto , thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with man kind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with man kind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:24-27
Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Leviticus 19:29
“Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, lest the land fall into prostitution and the land become full of depravity.

Deuteronomy 22:25
But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die.​
Thoughts? Explanations?

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
“Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, lest the land fall into prostitution and the land become full of depravity.

This is saying its wrong for a parent to urge, suggest or force their daughter to become a prostitute.

So you're taking it out of context.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
A result of sex, is offspring. So Jehovah God wants firm commitment between a man and woman before sex. So the children born, will grow up stable and feel secure in a loving home.

Children's interests are of primary concern!

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
He who smelt it, dealt it. God made sex and he saw no reason to tell us not to fornicate in any set form cause if he did I am sure an all powerful god would let it be known.

whirlingmerc

In going over god's (the god of Abraham) interest in sexual matters I discovered that he's quite clear about what he's against: having sex during one's monthly period, sexual immorality, passion, orgies, rape, sensuality, adultery, bestiality, homosexuality, and prostitution. Now, I can sort of understand some of these, but passion and sensuality? And rape is only worthy of capital punishment if the girl is "pledged to be married."

Moreover, god says nothing about Oral sex, Anal sex, or Premarital sex, which to my way of thinking is quite alright, but he's silent about Pedophilia, It's as if he doesn't care if you have sex with children, but don't dare be passionate.

---SOURCES---

Sex during one's period
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

15And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. 16And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto , thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with man kind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with man kind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die.​
Thoughts? Explanations?

the Old testament has case law... and so... 'and the like' would be wrong as well

but 'fornicators God will judge' from Hebrews regarding pre martial sex seems to cover the 60s free love thing pretty well

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Moreover, god says nothing about Oral sex, Anal sex, or Premarital sex, which to my way of thinking is quite alright, but he's silent about Pedophilia, It's as if he doesn't care if you have sex with children, but don't dare be passionate.

---SOURCES---

Thoughts? Explanations?

God wants what's best for us and for his other beings. If you read the Bible more as a guide to a life with as few as necessary negative experiences, it makes a lot more sense then reading it as a list of arbitrary prohibitions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reporter: "Holy cow!"
Man: "Yes, cow, sheep... animals in general."
Reporter: "But isn't that hostile?"
Man: "Yes, horse style, dog style, any style."
Reporter: "Oh dear!"
Man: "No, no deer. Deer run too fast. Hard to catch."
I know the part you left out in that last line.
Trying to avoid getting in trouble with the mods, eh.

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
Ah, so you want to hear from God, but you don´t, got it

If God wanted something to say to me he would have let it be known. Putting words in an ancient book that is beyond culture, time, or comprehension isn't a message. It is just ancient ramblings at the end of the day. An almighty god would not have made this error and would not have the mind of the human's who authored many of the world's scriptures.

They may be profound but they still lack any grandeur of the being they say gave them authorship. My personal views on this matter are not even selfish but instead the opposite. I do not favor mankind anymore than I favor a diseased riddled rat as mankind is not my creation and I am apart of mankind so even my very being does not belong to me, it came from nuclear furnaces of stars before me and before them came other events.

It would be arrogant of you to presume what you read is anymore inherently special than another man's life. One might say that is unBiblical.

shmogie

If God wanted something to say to me he would have let it be known. Putting words in an ancient book that is beyond culture, time, or comprehension isn't a message. It is just ancient ramblings at the end of the day. An almighty god would not have made this error and would not have the mind of the human's who authored many of the world's scriptures.

They may be profound but they still lack any grandeur of the being they say gave them authorship. My personal views on this matter are not even selfish but instead the opposite. I do not favor mankind anymore than I favor a diseased riddled rat as mankind is not my creation and I am apart of mankind so even my very being does not belong to me, it came from nuclear furnaces of stars before me and before them came other events.

It would be arrogant of you to presume what you read is anymore inherently special than another man's life. One might say that is unBiblical.
Like I said

Skwim

Veteran Member
God wants what's best for us and for his other beings. If you read the Bible more as a guide to a life with as few as necessary negative experiences, it makes a lot more sense then reading it as a list of arbitrary prohibitions.
I wasn't aware his prohibitions were arbitrary. That's a new one on me. And unless he presents them in a list or in some other fashion how would one know what to avoid?

Last edited:

... homosexuality..Anal sex, ...

By what the Bible tells, those are the same and not accepted. But I think that should be obvious. Body parts have different purposes and people should be intelligent enough to understand for what different parts are meant for.

Skwim

Veteran Member
By what the Bible tells, those are the same and not accepted. But I think that should be obvious.
Body parts have different purposes and people should be intelligent enough to understand for what different parts are meant for.
You do know, don't you, that it's quite common for men and women to have anal sex. And, it's no doubt because god saw fit to load the anal region of each with highly sensitive nerve fibers so as to make it pleasurable. See HERE for a discussion.

cdc-sex-1521476645.jpg

MJFlores

I know the part you left out in that last line.
Trying to avoid getting in trouble with the mods, eh.

And how would the violation be explained?
Any one can charge an individual with anything
Let us say:
Rule 4: Soliciting/Advertising and Off-Topic Spam
But who am I advertising or soliciting?
Is this off topic or related?

Isn't it related to the OP:
Bestiality

How then would that be a violation?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwim said:
Bestiality

How then would that be a violation?
Boy, being directed not to engage in it, and killed if you do sure denotes a violation to me. What do you think it denotes?