• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And His Attitude Toward Sex

MJFlores

Boy, being directed not to engage in it, and killed if you do sure denotes a violation to me. What do you think it denotes?

I think it is a grave abuse of discretion
It is a malicious charge from a deranged person
But I am accustomed to it
Because it happens to me most of the time
And surprisingly the mod is dumbfounded
every time I point out the abuse

Abuse happens
Sexual abuse also happens
Making Reporting Abuse mundane

Sexual Assault in the United States
  • Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes.5
  • National surveys of adults suggest that between 9-32% of women and 5-10% of men report that they were victims of sexual abuse and/or assault during their childhood.
  • 22% of victims were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32% were between the ages of 12 and 17.6
  • The majority of male and female rape victims knew their perpetrator.7
  • Of surveyed college women, about 90% of rape and sexual assault victims knew their attacker prior to the assault.8
How Often Does It Happen?

It is man's sick mind why people are abusive - sexually and in other aspects.

upload_2019-5-21_8-14-7.jpeg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
By what the Bible tells, those are the same and not accepted. But I think that should be obvious. Body parts have different purposes and people should be intelligent enough to understand for what different parts are meant for.
I never cease to be surprised that so many who are not gay make the immediate assumption that it's ALWAYS about anal penetration in men. It isn't, you know. There are endless ways to give and receive great pleasure. And since the experience of pleasure is built in to encourage us to do more of it, can there be any doubt that it is, by any measure, a good thing?

whirlingmerc

God wants what's best for us and for his other beings. If you read the Bible more as a guide to a life with as few as necessary negative experiences, it makes a lot more sense then reading it as a list of arbitrary prohibitions.

Sex in the context of marriage is a gift to be enjoyed.
I remember Elizabeth Eliot who was widowed at least 3 times used to tell young people that the contstraints don't make things less exciting but more. "the power of a river isn't diminished going through a narrow place rather it is made more exciting with the rapids" or words to that effect

I never cease to be surprised that so many who are not gay make the immediate assumption that it's ALWAYS about anal penetration in men....

Maye so, but that penetration is the thing that Bible is against. If being gay means something else, it is not necessary a problem in Biblical point of view.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sex in the context of marriage is a gift to be enjoyed.
Hell, sex outside the context of marriage is a gift to be enjoyed.

I remember Hugh Hefner, who was married at least 3 times used to tell young people to wrap that rascal. and "The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex."

whirlingmerc

Hell, sex outside the context of marriage is a gift to be enjoyed.

I remember Hugh Hefner, who was married at least 3 times used to tell young people to wrap that rascal. and "The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex."

It seems to result in the death of many unborn and allot of insecurity

Children grow up best in an atmosphere of security
A close relationship is best in an atmosphere of lifelong commitment

Last edited: