• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GM Potatoes (Not a Car) - Pros /Cons - Your Thoughts?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. GM potatoes are genetically modified potatoes. Some pros and cons are mentioned.
Pro:
= They cause no allergy to some people as they get it from common potatoes.
= They grow faster than commons.
= Higher nutrient value.

Cons:
= They can cause diseases which ordinary antibiotics cannot treat.
= Higher chance of cancer, according to some experts.
= Underdeveloped countries will become more dependent on physically advanced countries.

Any thought please?

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
What diseases can they cause, & why?

I'm pro-GMO, btw.
Peace be on you.
I read it from:
Genetically Modified Food Pros and Cons

After your question, further checked. Something interesting:
10 Problems Genetically Modified Foods Are Already Causing | Collective-Evolution
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"This study was recently released by the Institute for Responsible Technology (IRT), and uses data from the US department of Agriculture, US Environmental Protection Agency, medical journal reviews as well as other independent research. (3)(4) The authors relate GM foods to five conditions that may either trigger or exacerbate gluten-related disorders, including the autoimmune disorder, Celiac Disease:

Intestinal permeability

Imbalanced gut bacteria

Immune activation and allergic response

Impaired digestion

Damage to the intestinal wall"

Ten Scientific Studies Prove that Genetically Modified Food Can Be Harmful To Human Health | Global Research

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thanx. I perused the articles (& have read others), & find that the risks are small relative to the benefit. Example: With Celiac Diesase, I'll wager that GMO developers would be cautious about inducing a gluten sensitivity problem in other crops. Time will tell, eh?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
All right.....Meanwhile please enjoy the :shortcake::coffee::candy::custard::cookie:
Btw, world is strange, at one horizon there is debate GM vs non-GF foods, there are horizons, where there is no food altogether.
Good wishes for everyone.