• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming or global hoax?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Despite the ignorance & hypocrisy of global warming prophets like Gore & Obama,
warming (particularly as one nears the poles) is factual & easily observable even by
us non-scientists. Some of the exacerbating feedback mechanisms are the same (loss
of ice lowers the planet's albedo). We needn't rely upon data which we cannot verify.
We must guard against charlatans & believers drunk on the Kool-Aid selling kus on ill
considered solutions based upon immature climate models. Nothing is fixed by
subsidizing Tesla drivers with tens of thousands of dollars per plaything, or advocates
jet setting around the world to meet & lecture us.
Something is very wrong with our leaders.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I don't believe Trump. I would believe it if he said it was created by the Vatican for the UN to gain unlimited power at vanquishing imaginary enemies.
That makes sense, because 100% of all climate scientists are Catholic. And I am sure the Catholic Church could pull it off. Even though they couldn't cover up their sexual abuse scandals.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That makes sense, because 100% of all climate scientists are Catholic. And I am sure the Catholic Church could pull it off. Even though they couldn't cover up their sexual abuse scandals.
Nobody went to jail for any of it. Maybe the Jesuit univerities are pumping out some atheist scientists. Irrelevant. What matters is authority. the power of authority to declare "this is true". I do know I heard Bush Sr. say in a speech many years ago "I see a New World Order coming into view with the pope as its moral authority" and Obama repeated a year or two ago calling the pope the "moral authority". So we'll see what Trump calls him.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Perhaps where scientists and authorities share common ground, scientist might lie to keep their place next to the authorities. Such as the official story of 9/11. An authoritative fabrication and cover up with the scientific seal of approval.

That's not how it works.

You accept scientific inquiry every day. Computing, health care, energy consumption. . . The list is endless, honestly.

Why are you casting doubt on THIS particular issue?

Why in earth would a particular set of private business ventures use their lobbying arms and right-wing bully pulpits to convince you that this specific issue should be doubted?

On the other hand, why would an independent scientific community bother to engage in a conspiracy so vast and far-reaching? What would anyone even have to gain by that?

i urge you to come up with a reasonable pros and cons list here.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That's not how it works.

You accept scientific inquiry every day. Computing, health care, energy consumption. . . The list is endless, honestly.

Why are you casting doubt on THIS particular issue?

Why in earth would a particular set of private business ventures use their lobbying arms and right-wing bully pulpits to convince you that this specific issue should be doubted?

On the other hand, why would an independent scientific community bother to engage in a conspiracy so vast and far-reaching? What would anyone even have to gain by that?

i urge you to come up with a reasonable pros and cons list here.
It's hard to figure. Lets say it's the Vatican does it. The pope is practically a powerless Ceasar, complete with dusty throne. So perhaps they use hoaxes such as Global warming to test their authoritative arm...then figure out how to make it stronger.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
It's hard to figure. Lets say it's the Vatican does it. The pope is practically a powerless Ceasar, complete with dusty throne. So perhaps they use hoaxes such as Global warming to test their authoritative arm...then figure out how to make it stronger.
This is belevable but the various evidence for man accelerated climate change isn't?

Laika

Premium Member
Scientists are people and have as many reasons to lie as anybody. Which ones they choose to lie for may vary. But my questioning of authority started because of 9/11, there's a lot to add up in a global conspiracy, so to keep this short and boiled down. Ask people if they remember hearing about molten steel in the 9/11 debris, then answer, what in the 9/11 attacks could have melted steel.

Thanks for your reply. Its been interesting. :)

Generally, I stay away from "conspiracy theories" often because it feels counter-productive and the uncertianty can be very frightening too. I don't have a view on 9/11 as its not something I'm passionate about, but I can see why as a "Reichstag fire" to justify later policies in the name of "counter-terrorism" it is so important for many people. More pessimistically of course, this would not be the first time the US has attacked its own people such as MK-Ultra, japanese internment as well as the history of slavery with african americans and treatment of native americans. Science was arguably used as a rationale for these such as "scientific racism" or "human experimentation", so I can understand your point that science can serve to help elites keep and maintain power.

How do you see 9/11 and climate change as related btw? Is it in the sense of creating the sort of panic to justify a "new world order"?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They say we had an ice age then the world got warmer, But now all a sudden when the world gets warmer it's our fault. "Here, try an electric car, and a lil' mercury in your lightbulbs won't harm ya." Is it just a ploy to force things on us we like even less than windows 10?

You know global warming is a hoax because of the first word; "global". This implies that the world is a sphere rather than flat, which is also another godless "scientist" lie.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply. Its been interesting. :)

Generally, I stay away from "conspiracy theories" often because it feels counter-productive and the uncertianty can be very frightening too. I don't have a view on 9/11 as its not something I'm passionate about, but I can see why as a "Reichstag fire" to justify later policies in the name of "counter-terrorism" it is so important for many people. More pessimistically of course, this would not be the first time the US has attacked its own people such as MK-Ultra, japanese internment as well as the history of slavery with african americans and treatment of native americans. Science was arguably used as a rationale for these such as "scientific racism" or "human experimentation", so I can understand your point that science can serve to help elites keep and maintain power.

How do you see 9/11 and climate change as related btw? Is it in the sense of creating the sort of panic to justify a "new world order"?
I would say 9/11 and Climate Change are brought to us by the same persons, but different purposes I guess. 9/11 is starting wars in the middle east, breaking new ground. Climate change is more for excercising authority over those they already control.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Everyone knows that if you can fool countries into adding environmental protections you gain unlimited power!!!!!:p
Yeah because there is no end to it. They can say the world is getting warmer forever, and there's no limit to what environmental protections they might dream up.

Laika

Premium Member
I would say 9/11 and Climate Change are brought to us by the same persons, but different purposes I guess. 9/11 is starting wars in the middle east, breaking new ground. Climate change is more for excercising authority over those they already control.

If Climate Change was real, wouldn't mitigating it by reducing green house gas emissions be a way to avoid a descent into authoritarianism?

Personally, I find thats a real concern for me and I can understand people's alarm at its potential effects. It doesn't look promising to say the least.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yeah because there is no end to it. They can say the world is getting warmer forever, and there's no limit to what environmental protections they might dream up.
I'm not a huge booster of Climate change/Global warming, but I have to ask, have you done more than a Google search on the topics over the last 40 years?

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

So. . . no reasonable list of pros and cons regarding the gain from proposing a vast global conspiracy vs. the gain from it actually being a vast global conspiracy?

Disappointing, but based on your response, there may be something else going on here.

You may actually need some professional help. I'm sorry that you've been fed a line of bs to support your paranoia. A more responsible media would have allowed you to effectively separate fact from delusion.

If you are employed and have insurance, you will most likely have a local number you call call to discuss this, and allow you to learn what treatments are available.

If you do not, you may still call national mental health hotline in the US. They may be able to hook you up with patient navigator who can guide you through your options. You may even qualify for disability and mediad, depending on the severity of your diagnosis. Are you a US citizen? Other countries may also have option for you.

You can always PM me if you feel like you need to discuss it further.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
And how does this help them at all? Might I ask?

Motive? Anywhere?
Perhaps someday there will be a climate change tax. How many billions of dollars can they charge trying make the sky a slightly bluer shade of blue? Or maybe it's just a test, testing their ability to exert authoritative control over nations, practicing playing God or at least king of the Earth. Who knows, maybe someday it will all make sense.

sandycreekboy

They say we had an ice age then the world got warmer, But now all a sudden when the world gets warmer it's our fault. "Here, try an electric car, and a lil' mercury in your lightbulbs won't harm ya." Is it just a ploy to force things on us we like even less than windows 10?
no theres no hoax i think when it comes to science in general especially reporting it sometimes its blown way out of proportion but is climate change real yes thats obvious is there global warming yes will it all crash down on us before trump leaves no

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That doesn't give me any reason to believe they have somehow magically coerced tens of thousands of scientists internationally who are in zero way affiliated with the UN into coming to the conclusion of climate change.

Don't accuse one of conspiracy without a motive or reasonable evidence.
You don't have to be affiliated with Ceasar to march lockstep when Ceasar says Global warming is fact. So you see, it wasn't 10,000 scientists convincing the UN climate change is real, it was the UN convincing convinciing 10,000 scientists global warming is real. When the teacher gave those scientists a test in school, the ones who wrote global warming is real passed the test, they went home with so much pride they popped champagne bottles. The honest ones went home and cried.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Wait wait,
are you telling me that the UN does scientific investigations, and scientists just report on them?
Wow! I never knew that.

Scientists aren't going to be convinced of something unless their experiments and reproducible experiments yield the same results.
How am I not surprised that a global warming denier thinks that scientists don't believe in the scientific method.

Do you think that the concept of climate change emerged on it's own and was taught in school before people did research?
If you want to debunk the studies, go for it. You're just coming off as closed minded.
Dogma works because nobody can argue with it. Those in authority have said the research proves global warming is real and have closed the door on anything to the contrary. Closed the door to anyone but themselves, for they are the ones who understand the mystery of Global warming, and are the only ones qualified to plan the future of the world. Now they have made a climate change panel at the UN who is designing the world around a false premise of global warming. Calling it sustainable development...which looks to me like they think we're living on mars and need to grow food in greenhouses instead of fields.

Shad

Veteran Member
Maybe the UN making decisions for the world is enough reason to hate it.

The UN is a toothless organization that has no ability to dictate anything to the world. The UN's decisions that have any impact are created, supported and/or allowed by America and its allies in the council, Russia and China which all have veto power or accepted by individual nations as a nonbinding agreement. You have no idea how the UN functions.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The UN is a toothless organization that has no ability to dictate anything to the world. The UN's decisions that have any impact are created, supported and/or allowed by America and its allies in the council, Russia and China which all have veto power or accepted by individual nations as a nonbinding agreement. You have no idea how the UN functions.
How it is now, but the pope has a vision for a UN with real teeth. Google Caritas en Veritate encyclical of the pope paragraph 68 and ask yourself why does the pope want a UN with real teeth.