• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming or global hoax?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
They say we had an ice age then the world got warmer, But now all a sudden when the world gets warmer it's our fault. "Here, try an electric car, and a lil' mercury in your lightbulbs won't harm ya." Is it just a ploy to force things on us we like even less than windows 10?

Laika

Premium Member
They say we had an ice age then the world got warmer, But now all a sudden when the world gets warmer it's our fault. "Here, try an electric car, and a lil' mercury in your lightbulbs won't harm ya." Is it just a ploy to force things on us we like even less than windows 10?

No. I'm going to let Al Gore do the explaining as its pretty simple and just see how you respond and give you a chance to elaborate why you feel comfortable rejecting the science on this.

I'm not sure how profitable discussion will be to make the effort if you've already made up your mind based on treating the scientific community as liars or frauds, etc. that all but closes the discussion by treating any new information and evidence supporting the existence of recent climate change as a man made pheneomena as fabricated. I'm not going to pretend to know how to change your views if that is the case, but heres the video anyway. :)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
If you're not going to bother doing even the slightest amount of research on the topic, why bring it up at all?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I watched the video. You'd have to take his word for it that the invisible bogeyman is real. Does he sound like a liar while explaining global warming? Yep

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If you're not going to bother doing even the slightest amount of research on the topic, why bring it up at all?
He says pollution is blocking the light from escaping the earths atmosphere. Does the sky look dark to you? Even if it was, wouldn't it also block light from entering the atmosphere and the effects would cancel each other out...don't answer that, BS is a bottomless pit and i'm sure you've got more. It's just utter BS, and I am glad for hanging chads, even as bad as Bush Jr. was.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I don't believe the world is going to be destroyed and regardless of claims of global warming we will be around for a long, long time to come. The scaremongering has other aims I would think.

Laika

Premium Member
I watched the video. You'd have to take his word for it that the invisible bogeyman is real. Does he sound like a liar while explaining global warming? Yep

A rule of thumb for conspiracies is that the simpler they are, the fewer things that can go wrong. What your saying is that basically, the entire global scientific community is lying or has been duped -along with a large number of journalists or politicians- which means the conspiracy would involve thousands of indivduals. Can I ask why you think that is plausible?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
A rule of thumb for conspiracies is that the simpler they are, the fewer things that can go wrong. What your saying is that basically, the entire global scientific community is lying or has been duped -along with a large number of journalists or politicians- which means the conspiracy would involve thousands of indivduals. Can I ask why you think that is plausible?
A propaganda technique is the "Big Lie" if they tell a lie big enough and frequently enough it will be believed. I suppose it's more difficult for people to wrap their minds around a huge lie so they give in. Combined with the invisible bogeyman technique, always some mysterious reason you can't observe with your own eyes.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
First they convince us the Earth is round, then they try and fool everyone into this "global warming" nonsense! Whatever next?
First they try to convince people that people believed the earth was flat, But I'm not convinced people ever believed the earth was flat.

Laika

Premium Member
A propaganda technique is the "Big Lie" if they tell a lie big enough and frequently enough it will be believed. I suppose it's more difficult for people to wrap their minds around a huge lie so they give in. Combined with the invisible bogeyman technique, always some mysterious reason you can't observe with your own eyes.

Ok. fair enough. :)

Science plays a massive role in our understanding of nature and society, so saying that a major theory like Climate Change is a "Big Lie" is quite a leap for most people given the trust we put in science and scientists as authorities.

Is Climate Change something you think Scientists lie about in isolation, or given it would affect the whole scientific community, do you think Scientists lie about other things as well?

Kirran

Premium Member
Well the ancient people could build a pyramid, Al Gore can build a pyramid scheme.

I am interested in how people like to blame Al Gore specifically as the mastermind behind all this. What proportion of scientists are aware that they're propagating a hoax, and what proportion are taken in by it themselves, do you think?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Ok. fair enough. :)

Science plays a massive role in our understanding of nature and society, so saying that a major theory like Climate Change is a "Big Lie" is quite a leap for most people given the trust we put in science and scientists as authorities.

Is Climate Change something you think Scientists lie about in isolation, or given it would affect the whole scientific community, do you think Scientists lie about other things as well?
Perhaps where scientists and authorities share common ground, scientist might lie to keep their place next to the authorities. Such as the official story of 9/11. An authoritative fabrication and cover up with the scientific seal of approval.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I am interested in how people like to blame Al Gore specifically as the mastermind behind all this. What proportion of scientists are aware that they're propagating a hoax, and what proportion are taken in by it themselves, do you think?
Al Gore is fun to make fun of, but it was probably started by the Vatican to make the UN council on climate change, and the UN in general, closer to having "real teeth".

Laika

Premium Member
Perhaps where scientists and authorities share common ground, scientist might lie to keep their place next to the authorities. Such as the official story of 9/11. An authoritative fabrication and cover up with the scientific seal of approval.

Do you think Scientists would lie about Climate Change or 9/11 for government funding for the sciences or are there other motives at work?

(Sorry if I'm probing but I'm just curious as I'm trying to figure how you "added things up" to reach the view you did). :)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So it's all about those funny lookin lightbulbs. Now I understand.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Do you think Scientists would lie about Climate Change or 9/11 for government funding for the sciences or are there other motives at work?

(Sorry if I'm probing but I'm just curious as I'm trying to figure how you "added things up" to reach the view you did). :)
Scientists are people and have as many reasons to lie as anybody. Which ones they choose to lie for may vary. But my questioning of authority started because of 9/11, there's a lot to add up in a global conspiracy, so to keep this short and boiled down. Ask people if they remember hearing about molten steel in the 9/11 debris, then answer, what in the 9/11 attacks could have melted steel.