• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Older

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
funny1.jpg

I don't know what it is that I find so funny, but the crick in the neck makes me burst out in laughter. Maybe because I can relate.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The most common cause of self-injury among male teens is to severely bruise the forehead due to their fist uncontrollably flying off during acts of especially vigorous masturbation. It's true! I read it on the internet!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Man, when I was 20, I played a lot of sport, and made it a point to of pride to play through injuries, including some fairly serious ones.

I'm in my 40's and I can feel every one of them again.

60's gets a little scary to contemplate!!!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I find that it isn't the pain & lack of flexibility which are worrisome,
tis the involuntary noises which happen when trying to do things.

Yep. I've slowed my serve down in tennis, but the first few in a match my shoulder still sounds like it's crunching through the gears...

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Yep. I've slowed my serve down in tennis, but the first few in a match my shoulder still sounds like it's crunching through the gears...

Speaking of shoulders...

Just went to an ortho doc yesterday, because every time I do a bench press or shoulder press at the gym, it sets off my deltoids/upper biceps on my left arm. X-rays, physical exam and a long consultation later, and he tells me I have tendinitis and a touch of arthritis. Then he reminds me I am 42, not 22. Sigh.

No surgery needed, no MRI testing to be done. If I must keep lifting for size/strength gains, he recommended cortizone injections, with the caveat that they can damage the tendons. Well shtako!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of shoulders...

Just went to an ortho doc yesterday, because every time I do a bench press or shoulder press at the gym, it sets off my deltoids/upper biceps on my left arm. X-rays, physical exam and a long consultation later, and he tells me I have tendinitis and a touch of arthritis. Then he reminds me I am 42, not 22. Sigh.

No surgery needed, no MRI testing to be done. If I must keep lifting for size/strength gains, he recommended cortizone injections, with the caveat that they can damage the tendons. Well shtako!

Cortizone works pretty well though. I used that a little back when I was playing decent level of tennis and trying to prove something. Now I just go half-pace and rely on 'guile'. Which is another name for hoping my opponent is dumb. Happily, many are!