• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting old is a privilege

shmogie

Forgive me, I have led a sheltered life: what is juice plus?
Juice plus is a product that allegedly gives you the nutrition of your required daily amount of fruits and vegetables in capsules. Supposedly this is achieved by stuffing the capsules with the concentrated juice of these plants.

It is a multi level marketing scheme, a Ponzi scheme, like Amway.

They have the ra ra meetings and all the propaganda to make them good sellers, because everyone except the rank beginners are making money off of others.

They must be totally committed to the product, believe all the paid for studies as the truth, and believe they are truly contributing to your healthy life by nagging you about the stuff.

They don´t shut up till you get rude. It is sad.

frbnsn

I have been taught all my life that being self-centred is something to avoid like the plague.

And I'm still waiting for you to try to sell us some kind of snake oil health supplement.....:D
Sorry, I meant someone 'peace with himself/herself', not selfish.

frbnsn

Well, I'm in my mid 50s, and I've remained pretty healthy throughout my life. I'm rarely sick, and I've never had any serious conditions or illnesses.

I've been injured a few times; got knocked on the head more than once. Every time I tell someone about my head injuries, they always say "Oh, that explains a lot."

I don't really think about it that much, though. I've known people who might fall into the category of "health nut." They go to the health food store, they shun McDonald's and other fast food, they're constantly talking about it. They're obsessed with being healthy, yet I've noticed that they're typically more sick on average than your typical chain-smoking, junk food eater.
But yet, don't you need to be more careful as you get older?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
If you want to be a wise and graceful, self-centered, beloved one, you must begin by correctly understanding why aging occurs and understanding the value of being human.
You should perceive aging not as corrupt, decay or old, but as maturation and wisdom.

You should remember the preventive health measures and remember that preventing diseases is much easier and cheaper than treating them.

Getting old is an alarm that you are getting closer to death..
Just face the reality..
Be prepared.
Write your Will.
And correct whatever you can correct of your mistakes..
And ask forgiveness!

frbnsn

Getting old is an alarm that you are getting closer to death..
Just face the reality..
Be prepared.
Write your Will.
And correct whatever you can correct of your mistakes..
And ask forgiveness!
I aggree.
But is not a virtue to take care of body which granted by Creator?