• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George W. Bush, war criminal

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Luis, I will be dead and you will be an old man when you realise the final chapter on GWB is yet to be written.

Everything is possible, I suppose. I'm betting that we will both be dead. ;)

Really, Rick. It is GWB we are talking about. How much does one really have to write about him?

This whole thread has been a perfect example of BDS. :sorry1:
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Rick. And I while I found your hint that there is something to be worried about in what you perceive as dehumanizing of conservatives interesting, GWB is quite clearly short on surprises or depth.

I see Bush as a man who did what he thought to be right and did not worry about what people thought of him. If you think about it, that is pretty selfless.
While I agree with the observations, the conclusion I strongly disagree about. If anything, it is selfish to the extreme to stick to what one finds confortable and disregard both fact and opinion the way he did. Such is the way of seven year olders, if you think of it. It is anything but selfless, and might better be described as ethically crippled.

I despise GWB with a passion, and my opinion of the USA for putting up with him to the extreme that it does suffered a lot as a result.

Look, you detest violence. That is admirable. The thing is, not everyone is like you Luis. We Americans are pretty darned violent.
Tell me about it. But you present it as if it were either unavoidable or some sort of redeeming confession. It is neither.

When the price of violence comes anywhere near that which you are paying to this day, it just can't be accepted anymore.

Then again, I must admit that GWB seems more and more like a legitimate representative of a sizeable segment of USA people. After all, he is done with and people have pretty much demanded that his policies remain. Think of that what you will.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
The taliban are using innocent people to shelter them. The problem is, those innocent people wont rise up like the Egyptians just did, and give the thugs up. Therefore there is going to be some unfortunate collateral damage. We have no prblem with the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc. We have a problem with the thugs they are allowing to hide on their home turf.

Damnit, it spans multiple posts!

dust1n

Zindīq
These people have infiltrated the U.S. and are prepared to strike at any moment. You think these people will befriend you when they take over the U.S. No they will give you an ultimatum.... bow before allah or die. sharia law executes people like you and me bub

And it gets worse! Jesus, my eyes!

dust1n

Zindīq
Okay, after page 8, I realized it was feeding time at the petting zoo. I'm curious to how much Danmac knows about the history of either Iraq or Afghanistan... :cough: obviously nothing :cough:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Then again, I must admit that GWB seems more and more like a legitimate representative of a sizeable segment of USA people. After all, he is done with and people have pretty much demanded that his policies remain. Think of that what you will.
I think what you don't understand is the wrath factor many Americans subcribe to. We are pretty laid back until someone tugs our chain.

Personally, I don't believe any war should last for ten years. I thought Obama believed that as well. Could it be He and Bush know something that we don't?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They obviously do. But I don't think that has much to do with this particular situation.

It is not any particular secret that war brings a degree of political freedom and unaccountability to the government itself. GWB very much depended on it to remain in charge. Maybe Obama does as well.

And there is also the matter of how huge the political and economical influence of the war industry is in current day USA. It takes a lot of political courage to refuse to humor them.

Bismillah

Submit
I think what you don't understand is the wrath factor many Americans subcribe to. We are pretty laid back until someone tugs our chain.
I agree too many Americans are ignorant about the events surrounding 9/11 and allow dubious manipulators to use patriotism for all types of nefarious and genuinely evil activities.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
They obviously do. But I don't think that has much to do with this particular situation.

It is not any particular secret that war brings a degree of political freedom and unaccountability to the government itself. GWB very much depended on it to remain in charge. Maybe Obama does as well.

And there is also the matter of how huge the political and economical influence of the war industry is in current day USA. It takes a lot of political courage to refuse to humor them.
The thing is, whether you agree with the wars or not, we cannot afford to fight any longer. Enough is enough.

Bismillah

Submit
What you fail to realize Rick is that the U.S is operating per the military complex. The more money spent on wars the more it becomes necessary.

Eight years later a country that had a standard of living higher then Belgium is ripe with anarchy and fermenting ground for violent radicals. The sad fact is that the suicide bomber was a nonentity until the U.S lead occupation of Iraq.

Afghanistan is ruled by one of the most corrupt regimes in the world and has steadily deteriorated with people living forty miles outside of Kabul living under Taliban hegemony.

The U.S has created voids that has nurtured and facilitated violent groups to take hold and now requires more money, time, and most importantly lives to try and prevent the regional position of the U.S from weakening any further.

It does not matter if the U.S can or can not pay for its wars because they are a necessity lest these puppet governments collapse.