• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genetic Code is INFORMATION: Proof of Intelligent Design

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Of course. If my parents didn't have a sex drive or if they weren't interested in producing offspring I wouldn't be here would I... neither would you...

Should we have a reason as to believe why we are here,
Why me, why you, why him and why she ?
Do you have reasons for that? even if it was due to sex and procreation,
then the question remains, for what reason we are here?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Different words would contain different letters from the words you last used.

And we made the meaning for each word which is combined from letters,
Who gave the function for each combinations in the DNA?
Why a specific combination has to make a specific function?

ArtieE

Should we have a reason as to believe why we are here,
Why me, why you, why him and why she ?
Do you have reasons for that? even if it was due to sex and procreation,
then the question remains, for what reason we are here?
The reason why we are here is because there is sex and procreation and the reason why there is sex and procreation is because that is how organisms evolved. I have no need to invent other reasons such as gods to explain why we are here.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The reason why we are here is because there is sex and procreation and the reason why there is sex and procreation is because that is how organisms evolved. I have no need to invent other reasons such as gods to explain why we are here.

For what reason you go to school?

ArtieE

Why a specific combination has to make a specific function?
How many times do I have to say the same thing? No specific combination was planned to make a specific function, the function is just the natural result of that particular combination.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How many times do I have to say the same thing? No specific combination was planned to make a specific function, the function is just the natural result of that particular combination.

Do the words has a meaning in a sentence if not the meaning were already planned,
if the words haven't pre-meanings, then regardless of the words in the sentence, it'll
always has no meaning.

Natural result doesn't clarify anything, the same reason that you refuse to believe in God,
Why it has to be so in first place? what makes it to work, you believe it was nature and
I believe it was God.

Zosimus

It is quite fascinating how just a few building blocks can end up being so many different and complex creatures. It would be great if we could say god was using these proteins like a kid with a lego set, but do you really want to give god all the credit for all the genetic blunders too? Organisms are far from perfect, most of our DNA is junk and efficiency is not one of evolutions strong suits.
In what way are "these proteins like a kid with a lego set" ? Proteins have little to do with children and toys.

ArtieE

Do the words has a meaning in a sentence if not the meaning were already planned,
if the words haven't pre-meanings, then regardless of the words in the sentence, it'll
always has no meaning.
Languages EVOLVED and are still evolving. Many words have different meanings today than they had in the past.
Natural result doesn't clarify anything, the same reason that you refuse to believe in God,
Why it has to be so in first place?
It doesn't "have to be so" it just is due to the inherent properties of atoms and molecules and how they interact.

ArtieE

Your reason from going to school is to gain more knowledge,
your reason from being here on earth is to .......... ?
No reason. If I wasn't here there would be no reason for me not being here either. There's no special reason either why all who could have existed don't exist.

Zosimus

If a machine starts printing all possible combinations of characters in a finite number of pages, it will end up printing mostly nonsense, but among the nonsense would be all of human literature, past, present and future.
There you have information in several languages without purpose or intellectual source.
If we assume that a machine can create any one of 256 difference ASCII characters randomly and if we assume that we want the machine to produce the phrase:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

In other words, a 186-character sentence, then the chance that the machine would do so is one in 8.56 x 10^347.

By way of comparison, the universe is believed to have been around for only about 4.32 x 10^17 seconds.

In other words, if every atom in the universe were a machine attempting this feat every second since the time of the mythical "Big Bang", the universe would have only had one chance in 1.98 x 10^350, a possibility so utterly remote, I would sooner believe that a passing God farted the sentence out of his butt while wandering through than that a machine came up with that one sentence.

Much less the belief that such a machine could ever hope to come up with all of human literature past, present, and future.

ArtieE

Believing in God doesn't clarify anything. Does this God exist naturally or by chance? If even a God can exist naturally then we have no need for a god in the first place for things to exist.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Languages EVOLVED and are still evolving. Many words have different meanings today than they had in the past.
We gave it a meaning, it won't have a meaning by itself, randomness without consciousness
still has no meaning.

It doesn't "have to be so" it just is due to the inherent properties of atoms and molecules and how they interact.

How the properties of atoms and molecules are the reason for our existence?
Can you use their properties to create species?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No reason. If I wasn't here there would be no reason for me not being here either. There's no special reason either why all who could have existed don't exist.

We don't have a reason for what reason we're here and we don't have a reason
for why God does exist, but here we're, real and true.

ArtieE

If we assume that a machine can create any one of 256 difference ASCII characters randomly and if we assume that we want the machine to produce the phrase:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

In other words, a 186-character sentence, then the chance that the machine would do so is one in 8.56 x 10^347.
No matter which 186-character phrase the machine came up with you could claim that there was only 8.56 x 10^347 chance that the machine could come up with that phrase right?

What if you gave the machine all the rules of grammar (like natural laws), told it to start with one random letter and continue to add random letters except those that would contradict the rules of grammar, how many sentences would you get and wouldn't your sentence be among them?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Believing in God doesn't clarify anything. Does this God exist naturally or by chance? If even a God can exist naturally then we have no need for a god in the first place for things to exist.

God can't exist naturally because no escape from the notion that this thing should
always be existing, to say naturally means something brought him to existence and
then that something should already be existing, so it'll be infinite and that will be
again what God is.