• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genetic Code is INFORMATION: Proof of Intelligent Design

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you claiming that if a cat knocks over a scrabble game and some of the letters on the floor should happen to spell out a word that means something to you the cat is God?

Do you really believe the cat will make a word by knocking over a scrabble game?
I wonder if a letter will even stay in the board.

ArtieE

Do you really believe the cat will make a word by knocking over a scrabble game?
I wonder if a letter will even stay in the board.
Never said the letters would "stay in the board" I said "on the floor". Logic, reason and common sense. Remember?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I realize that in reality human beings have invented thousands of gods but I've never seen any evidence that even a single one of those actually exists.

Yes they invented many Gods but that doesn't mean that one true God doesn't exist.

ArtieE

Yes they invented many Gods but that doesn't mean that one true God doesn't exist.
It means that I assume no gods exist unless the person believing in the existence of a particular god can show me convincing evidence that his god actually exists. That is the logical and rational approach.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Same thing. The definition of reason is "a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event."

So the reason you're here in this world is because your parents have sex.
And if i asked you for what reason you're living on earth, your reply would
be the reason that I'm here on earth is to .........., I wonder how cause and reason
are the same thing to you.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The genetic sciences in our 21st Century has left no reasonable doubt as to the question of God's existence. God does indeed exist, and the evidence is overwhelming for those with an open mind.
Your first comment undermines the concept of God. There is no sense in declaring it requires an open mind, either. How is telling others to be open minded going to make them open minded? The second sentence is pointless, unless you are accusing others of dishonesty.
NASA and SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) use this same scientific principle to search for intelligent life
SETI does not use a 'Scientific principle' to search for life. It begins with the assumption that there is extraterrestrial life, and that is not Scientific at all. Its fun but not Scientific. The only thing Scientific about SETI is that it doesn't report false results.
Our genetic code qualifies as a language:
Its a genetic 'Code', but it is too dynamic to be a language. Human DNA is also appears to contain inactive code that is no longer used in humans but which is still functionally used in other species making it an evolutionary map of past changes. It therefore is telling us something about the nature of humanity. What if I were to tell you that God is no respecter of persons? This message is clear from nature.
3) Even skeptics have abandoned their atheism for this reason. Sir Antony Flew, the late world-famous philosopher who had been the leading atheist in England, renounced his atheism a few years back and accepted the existence of God.
Acceptance of Evolution supports faith and action, not mere words and inaction. Creation-science is fake, merely used to keep inactive believers sitting around instead of working. Blaming evolution on atheism is terribly misguided and unfortunate.
4) So what form of information is our genetic code? It is a DIGITAL language.
More specifically it is encoded as DNA strands, not like CD's. The sugar pairs are not read by the body like music but are instead used as templates. They don't digitally mean anything to a computer. They only begin to have meaning at all when they are used to form proteins. For example with digital information you just read it, and it has meaning. This is not so with DNA. Its pattern is pressed against molecules that are then linked together, forming complicated three dimensional shapes, but still the meaning cannot be read until we can see what the proteins do, and they must be produced by the billions. They must interact in complex ways, the cells communicated with each other through chemicals. The meaning of the DNA is only apparent in the resulting product: a creature. You could not, for example, write a computer program to trace out the shape of an animal from DNA. It isn't like that. Instead your program would need to simulate the activity of the DNA and actually build the creature virtually, probably cell by cell.
5) How much information is contained in our cells?
It is true that there are 10^12 bits worth, but that still does not express all of the interactions between proteins, making the amount of information much much greater. Its not all written down in the DNA. Some of it is intrinsic to the creature, resulting from its long ancestry. The 10^12 bits don't have meaning until they are put into protein form.
Conclusion:

a) “In ALL cases where we know the causal origin of ‘high information content,’ experience has shown that intelligent design played a causal role.”
"Dr. Meyer considers the recent discoveries about DNA as the Achilles” heel of evolutionary theory. He observes: “Evolutionists are still trying to apply Darwin's nineteenth-century thinking to a twenty-first century reality, and it's not working … I think the information revolution taking place in biology is sounding the death knell for Darwinism and chemical evolutionary theories” (quoted by Strobel, p. 243).

(Ref: UCG.org<http://www.ucg.org/> / The Good News<http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news> / DNA: The Tiny Code That's Toppling Evolution)

Psalm 139: I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
I notice you are referring to Psalm 139. Do you know that Psalm 139:11 says that the Sun flies on wings? You are missing the point of this Psalm. Its not a Science text or a commentary on physical, material things. It is like DNA, flat until it is pressed into proteins that become 3D shapes; and the meaning is only apparent in the resulting creature. Very important is the last verse Psalm 139:24 "See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Who are the enemies of the LORD? They are the bloodthirsty. (139:20) They speak the LORD's name with evil intent. The bloodthirsty are all over, too; telling Christians that everything is OK. Scratching itching ears that want to hear assurances that everything wrong in the world is the fault of atheists and paid in cash to say it. "Oh, everything is wrong, because the atheists are causing problems!" Such pleasant, comforting words but not God's words. "Evolution is undermining the Bible!" No it isn't.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It means that I assume no gods exist unless the person believing in the existence of a particular god can show me convincing evidence that his god actually exists. That is the logical and rational approach.

It depends on each person, no one has the need to convince anyone.

ArtieE

So the reason you're here in this world is because your parents have sex.
And if i asked you for what reason you're living on earth, your reply would
be the reason that I'm here on earth is to ..........,
My parents are both long dead so I can't ask them if they produced me for a particular reason or for me to serve some purpose. I'm just here because people have instincts that make them want to procreate.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
My parents are both long dead so I can't ask them if they produced me for a particular reason or for me to serve some purpose. I'm just here because people have instincts that make them want to procreate.

So no specific reason, just came due to sex and procreation.