• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muffled

Jesus in me
So if the Word and God are the same then the Word was with himself. Makes no sense. The Word was WITH God because the Word wa separate from God.

I believe that shows how small a concept you have. The word is not separate but it does go out. When I say something it is due to the fact that my nature is intelligent. However I have a body and I am more than just intelligence. God is simply intelligence. That is why He is the Word. However just like what I say can be conveyed to other people so also can the Word of God be conveyed to other people.

Muffled

Jesus in me
YHWH said he was alone and by himself when he created things. You have not explained how he can be alone or by himself if someone else is there and does it for him. You have given a response, but not an actual answer as to how he was alone and by himself.

i believe I did not see that statement that He is alone in Gen 1:26.

TrueBeliever37

"...who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,

I believe there is nothing there about creating man.

Read the verse again. He said he made all things. That would include man. And what would the part saying who formed you from the womb be dealing with if not man?

12jtartar

Premium Member
So my question is: why does "God" refer to himself in plural? (Let us create...)

I did some research, and the Trinity isn't even mentioned in the Bible (at least not as "Trinity", there are hints of it). Why would a "God" that claims to be only God refer to what looks like others like him (as if he was one of many; "our likeness")?

*I'm an atheist (just in case)

Diaz3618,
The reason that God said, Let Us make man in our image, is because God is talking to Jesus. Here is something to always keep in mind, Jesus was the first of all of God’s creations, and Jesus was created in God’s image, Colossians 1:15, also verse 16 tells us that all other things, besides Jesus, were created for Jesus and through Jesus. This means that Jesus was created by God when there was nothing else in existence, and then Jesus was a helper in all other Created things. Only The Almighty God can Create something out of nothing, so God Created the material, and Jesus, and later, the Angels formed things as the Word of God, Jesus, would instruct them, Hebrews 1:1-3, Psalms 33:6,9, 103:20,21.
At Proverbs Chapter 8, there are several as Scriptures that many Bible Scholars believe are about Jesus, 8:22,23,27-31.
In Hebrew the plural does not mean more than one, but is a word used for magnificence, greatness of The Almighty God.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Deuteronomy 6:4 American Standard Version (ASV)
Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:
You have quoted one scripture which does not disqualify others. God is one, not two or three.

How about I quote this one.
John 8 American Standard Version (ASV)
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning,

So the Devil is part of God, and always existed, from your logic. Correct?

nPeace,
Here is something that must be understood, in order to understand God’s word.
Just like when the first words in the Bible say, in the beginning, Genesis 1:1. The word, the, is not a definite article here, but is used for continuity of the English language. This should say, in A beginning, because the heavens and the earth were not the real beginning of God’s Creations, Jesus was! Colossians 1:15, Revelation 3:14, 1:5, Hebrews 1:1-3.
This same concept is used at 1John 1:1. The English translators used, the, for continuity, because to the English reader, the sounds better than, in a beginning. When the Bible speaks about a beginning, it is speaking about the beginning of whatever is spoken of there, not speaking of the very beginning of everything
This is used also at John 8:44, where Jesus said that Satan was a murderer from the beginning. Satan was a murderer when he caused the first death, not at the very beginning, not even at the beginning of Satan’ life, Ezekiel 28:13-15, Isaiah 14:12-15.
Agape!!!

Muffled

Jesus in me
Read the verse again. He said he made all things. That would include man. And what would the part saying who formed you from the womb be dealing with if not man?

I read it again. I believe there are two "who" phrases. The first with "all things' in it does not say "by myself." The second phrase with the heavens in it does say "by myself."

Muffled

Jesus in me
Diaz3618,
The reason that God said, Let Us make man in our image, is because God is talking to Jesus. Here is something to always keep in mind, Jesus was the first of all of God’s creations, and Jesus was created in God’s image, Colossians 1:15, also verse 16 tells us that all other things, besides Jesus, were created for Jesus and through Jesus. This means that Jesus was created by God when there was nothing else in existence, and then Jesus was a helper in all other Created things. Only The Almighty God can Create something out of nothing, so God Created the material, and Jesus, and later, the Angels formed things as the Word of God, Jesus, would instruct them, Hebrews 1:1-3, Psalms 33:6,9, 103:20,21.
At Proverbs Chapter 8, there are several as Scriptures that many Bible Scholars believe are about Jesus, 8:22,23,27-31.
In Hebrew the plural does not mean more than one, but is a word used for magnificence, greatness of The Almighty God.

I believe Jesus did not exist as anything but a concept in the mind of God at the time.

TrueBeliever37

I read it again. I believe there are two "who" phrases. The first with "all things' in it does not say "by myself." The second phrase with the heavens in it does say "by myself."

I choose to believe YHWH. He said he made all things. Isaiah 44:24
Regarding man, this is confirmed in Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Last edited:

12jtartar

Premium Member
I believe Jesus did not exist as anything but a concept in the mind of God at the time.

Muffled,
Nothing wrong with believing, but if you find that the Bible does not allow for your reasoning to be true, you MUST believe what the Bible tells you. The Bible was written so that each of us can go to the Bible for answers. You cannot trust what any man says, because men have a tendency to change things, just a little, but God has promised to protect His words from every generation, Psalms 12:6,7.
So, let us reason on this problem, as to what the. Bile says.
The Bible says that Jesus was God’s first Creation, Colossians 1:15. Consider also, what verse 16 says, that all things in heaven and on earth were created through Jesus, and for Jesus. The same idea is in other places in the Scriptures, Revelation 3:14, Hebrews 1:2. Now, just reason on what you have just read. The first creation was Jesus, and through Jesus and for Jesus, God Created all other things in heaven and on earth.
So, if God was going to Create Mankind, Jesus HAD to have been in existence, because before Mankind was Created, many Angels were Created, by God, with the help of Jesus, because ALL things were created through Jesus and FOR, Jesus.
The truth is, there is no telling how many eons of time went past before God started The Creations on earth. The Angels were Created before Mankind, and the Angels helped in Creation also
Many people believe that God Created all things just as we see them, but the truth is God Created matter and Jesus, acting as the Word-of God told the Angels what God wanted, and they all went to work, Psalms 33:6,9,20,21. After all, God did not make Angels to just watch as God did all the work, and clap for Him. Every intelligent being needs work for their well being. Angels work, Jesus works, God Works, John 5:17.

12jtartar

Premium Member

Muffled,
God said that He was by Himself, even asking the question, who was with me? Isaiah 44:24.
In the first place, the Bible tells us, so, we know that God never Created anything, by Himself, but Jesus, Colossians 1:15, Hebrews 1:3, Revelation 3:14.
So, what is meant here?? Since God’s words are true, always, God must have meant, that He alone was the wisdom and the power, to Create.
Have you ever heard of the words, Ex Nihilo Nihilfit? This term means that Only God can Create something, Matter, out of nothing, Energy!!!
After all, do we today, not use the same terminology. Trump built the Trump Tower. Did he build it, or was he the mastermind of it???
As the Bible says, several times, God Created everything in heaven and on earth. This is the reason that God is said to be Jealous of worship of anyone but Him, because He is responsible for all things and these things Could NOT be made without our All powerful God, whose Personal, Proper Name is Jehovah, in English.

12jtartar

Premium Member
i don't believe I said that but God is my Father in the sense that He created me. Since Jesus is God in the flesh, then He also qualifies.

Muffled,
It seems you are thinking in one dimension. The word God means a higher being. There is a total difference between a god, and The Almighty God. If you stop to think about it, the word Almighty God is Mutually Exclusive, there can ONLY be ONE Almighty God. There are many lesser gods, even as the Bible says,1Corinthians 8:4-6, Ephesians 4:4-5. The Bible also says that there is one True God, John 17:3.
The Bible also seems to tell us that God is going to destroy all those called gods, but are not, Psalms 115:1-8, Jeremiah 10:10,11. Something to stop and wonder over, is Jeremiah 10:25, God is a Jealous God, Exodus 34:14, because only He, Jehovah, The Almighty could Create all that has been Created, so only He deserves Worship, Matthew 4:8-10, Exodus 20:1-6. Agape!!!

12jtartar

Premium Member
Regarding man, this is confirmed in Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Muffled,
Something very important to keep in mind when reading the Bible. The Bible is not written like a novel! There are very few times that the Bible puts in one place all the information about a subject. Remember, the Bible tells us that we must search for truth just as we would search for treasure. Treasure is not usually easy to find. Bible truth is not easy to find, we must search throughout the Bible.
Even though Scripture is always accurate, some Doctrines must be searched out, to understand them completely. The reason is, some Scriptures Complement other Scripture, some Scriptures Modify other Scripture, and some are A Fortiori, meaning they add to the force or truth of a Scripture. Remember, very few Scriptures are complete within themselves, other Scriptures can add to them, some even change the Scriptures somewhat. To be sure that you have the truth about any doctrine, you must look up all Scripture that pertains to the doctrine, and if your Theory about that Doctrine is correct, you cannot find ant other Scriptures that disagree, with your theory. If you can, your theory is inaccurate. Remember the term Intertextuality, which means that all Scripture is related to all other Scripture, and all are Univocal, meaning, all Scripture helps to tell ONE true story.
It is very easy to get the wrong understanding if you do not take into consideration all Scriptures about any Subject.

12jtartar

Premium Member
I believe that shows how small a concept you have. The word is not separate but it does go out. When I say something it is due to the fact that my nature is intelligent. However I have a body and I am more than just intelligence. God is simply intelligence. That is why He is the Word. However just like what I say can be conveyed to other people so also can the Word of God be conveyed to other people.

Muffled,
Many times the problem that a person has, is actually answered in the Bible, so we do not have to guess what the answer is. Consider the problem you are having about who the Word is, that is mentioned at John 1:1&2. Which language uses the term that says a person is with himself? Consider verse 10, the Word was in the world, and the world came to be through him. Can this be any other but Jesus?? Jesus is the Word of God that was with God when God began Creating the heavens and the earth, Colossians 1:15: Hebrews 1:3 Revelation 3:14, John 1:10. Notice verse John 1:14, where the Scripture says that the Word became flesh and dwelled among us. Who could this be, but Jesus?
One other place should be convincing to you, Revelation 19:11-16. Here there are several identifying names describing Jesus, riding on a white horse, Revelation 6:2, Faithful and True, also Revelation 1:5, 3:14. Verse 13 says he is the Word of God, then verse 21 says the rider has a sword coming out of his mouth, the same as Jesus at Revelation 1:16. Looking at all this evidence, it seems to me The Word of God can be no one but Jesus.
Agape!!!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So my question is: why does "God" refer to himself in plural? (Let us create...)

I did some research, and the Trinity isn't even mentioned in the Bible (at least not as "Trinity", there are hints of it). Why would a "God" that claims to be only God refer to what looks like others like him (as if he was one of many; "our likeness")?

*I'm an atheist (just in case)
God is speaking to the angels.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe He claimed t make Adam and Eve also but the gods claim they did it. I believe God did it through the gods, not directly by Himself.

sooda

Veteran Member
You know, I've studied briefly, all of the major religions and many of their sacred or quasi-sacred texts and I've never come across that or had it pointed out to me.

I don't agree with the video below, but it is an interesting interpretation. The snake, in an evolutionary sense, being the predator and making our vision crucial for defense.

From Bible chronology 1,665 years, I think it is, from the time of Adam's creation to the flood is encapsulated in, like . . . well, let me look it up . . . actually, 1,656 years pass in just 35 verses. (Genesis 5:1-29; Genesis 7:6) and if you add 430 years to that, you have 1513 B.C.E. which is the year Moses began to write Genesis. That's 2,086 years. The tower of Babel was built about 2269 B.C.E. that's 1,943 years of storytelling in which the myths of antiquity had to promulgate before Moses set about to write the actual events, if you're a Bible believer. :cool:

Moses never wrote anything.. and the Tower of Babel is about the collapse of a culture and literacy.

Tree of Life Meaning | Symbols & Interpretations
Symbolic Meanings - A Guide for Signs, Symbols and Totemstree-of-life-meaning.html
The tree of life is a mystical and magical tree well known throughout many cultures, dating back to ancient times. Different races and religions call it by different names,each having its own tree of life in their mythologies. They all have similar meanings as the source of life in their respective cultures. Tree of Life symbols and what they represent. . .

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled,
Nothing wrong with believing, but if you find that the Bible does not allow for your reasoning to be true, you MUST believe what the Bible tells you. The Bible was written so that each of us can go to the Bible for answers. You cannot trust what any man says, because men have a tendency to change things, just a little, but God has promised to protect His words from every generation, Psalms 12:6,7.
So, let us reason on this problem, as to what the. Bile says.
The Bible says that Jesus was God’s first Creation, Colossians 1:15. Consider also, what verse 16 says, that all things in heaven and on earth were created through Jesus, and for Jesus. The same idea is in other places in the Scriptures, Revelation 3:14, Hebrews 1:2. Now, just reason on what you have just read. The first creation was Jesus, and through Jesus and for Jesus, God Created all other things in heaven and on earth.
So, if God was going to Create Mankind, Jesus HAD to have been in existence, because before Mankind was Created, many Angels were Created, by God, with the help of Jesus, because ALL things were created through Jesus and FOR, Jesus.
The truth is, there is no telling how many eons of time went past before God started The Creations on earth. The Angels were Created before Mankind, and the Angels helped in Creation also
Many people believe that God Created all things just as we see them, but the truth is God Created matter and Jesus, acting as the Word-of God told the Angels what God wanted, and they all went to work, Psalms 33:6,9,20,21. After all, God did not make Angels to just watch as God did all the work, and clap for Him. Every intelligent being needs work for their well being. Angels work, Jesus works, God Works, John 5:17.

I believe my reasoning is true. I believe what the Bible says. What I don't believe in is false interpretation.

I believe that is a false translation: This is the good one:
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

I believe as God without the body He created everything so to say that Jesus did it is not entirely accurate because it is God within Jesus who did it. This happens fairly often that things that belong only to God are attributed to Jesus because God is within.

I believe this isn't entirely true. God created the male portion of Jesus. The female portion occurred naturally. The body of Jesus was conceived in the fullness of time and did not exist previously.