• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender Perception

Good evening everyone. I am a current student at BHSU, and would like to interview forum members. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Describe what comes to mind when you are asked to describe a typical woman.
2. Describe what comes to mind when you are asked to describe a typical man.
3. What makes a person feminine?
4. What makes a person masculine?

Also please list your sex, age, and your location (country is fine).

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
1) No such thing.
2) See 1.
3) I dunno.
4) See 3.

That sounds thoughtless, but it isn't. I don't think your questions have answers.

Female, 28.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
There's a difference between sex and gender. One is biology, the other culture.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There is no such thing as a typical woman or man they are all different. As to what makes a person masculine or feminine that would be the standard physical features all else is speculation.

There's a difference between sex and gender. One is biology, the other culture.

I understand that. I only assumed you considered yourself female gender-wise. So I am guessing you may consider yourself neither, or in other words, are undifferentiated.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, I just don't think it's a black and white issue. There is no list of feminine traits opposed to masculine. I don't approve of gender roles.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As soon as I figure out ANY of those answers, I'll get back to you. I've been spending most of my life contemplating such questions. The only answer that I do have is that the one answer to fit all four of your questions is, is that any perception of what we call "gender-stereotypes" depends on how society as a whole views certain behavior.

22, Female. I will point out though, I am transgender. I mention this because such questions have been a focus point of figuring out who I am. The only answer I can determine is that it is up to society to decide what is labeled masculine or feminine. But a deeper question to ask, is not what makes a person masculine or feminine, but what makes them identify as such.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
As soon as I figure out ANY of those answers, I'll get back to you. I've been spending most of my life contemplating such questions.
Agreed.
The questions as worded are not answerable by me either.

The only answer that I do have is that the one answer to fit all four of your questions is, is that any perception of what we call "gender-stereotypes" depends on how society as a whole views certain behavior.
Dang!
and here I thought I was gonna be the first to mention that the questions seem to be wanting the stereotype answers

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
As soon as I figure out ANY of those answers, I'll get back to you. I've been spending most of my life contemplating such questions. The only answer that I do have is that the one answer to fit all four of your questions is, is that any perception of what we call "gender-stereotypes" depends on how society as a whole views certain behavior.

22, Female. I will point out though, I am transgender. I mention this because such questions have been a focus point of figuring out who I am. The only answer I can determine is that it is up to society to decide what is labeled masculine or feminine. But a deeper question to ask, is not what makes a person masculine or feminine, but what makes them identify as such.

O.K..I deleted my first DANG post..

I have read you and admired you around here.You are a strong female..IMHO.

I identified you as female.

Love

DAllas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Typical woman..She has breast..and soft skin ..her body is soft her voice is soft.

2. Typical man..Is hard and taller than a woman.and strong ..and he has hair on his face and his voice is low and loud.

3.what makes a woman femenine?..She nurses children..she smiles a lot.she is inviting..she sings..she is light..she has a light in her.

4.what is masculine? ..Strong..brave..protective..

Love

DAllas

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Oh, it might be of interest to your paper that I'm bi. Or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Heh. So I'm the monkey wrench, am I?
Not necessarily. There is no right or wrong answer. Actually gender can be measured in more ways than just male and female. There is also adrogryny in which a person associates themselves with both the male and female gender, and undifferentiation (from what I remember) in which a person is not associated with either.