• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender Perception

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Good evening everyone. I am a current student at BHSU, and would like to interview forum members. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Describe what comes to mind when you are asked to describe a typical woman.
2. Describe what comes to mind when you are asked to describe a typical man.
3. What makes a person feminine?
4. What makes a person masculine?

Also please list your sex, age, and your location (country is fine).

1. Barbie.
2. G.I. Joe.
3. They played with Barbie
4. They played with G.I. Joe

Guess that means I'm a woman because I never played with G.I. Joe and I did pick up a Barbie doll once. :shrug: Oh, and as a kid I was a fan of Sailor Moon, and to this day I'm still a fan of it. (the Japanese version, not that POS American mess) Heck my avatar is a Sailor Moon character!! ...Yup, I'm a woman. :D

Male, 21, Earth. (I don't acknowledge political boundaries)

xx chromosome
xy chromosome
female hormones
male hormones

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Good evening everyone. I am a current student at BHSU, and would like to interview forum members. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

1. a person with female parts
2. A person with male parts
3. female parts
4. Male parts

Honestly I'm with storm on this one, I don't believe in gender roles or gender stereotyping... besides when I've taken personality quizes that are supposed to identify you as masculine or femenine I come up masculine and I'm a woman. I don't think there is any such thing as "typical men or women", at least there isn't once you move beyond biology, and that only encompasses physical aspects.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
1. Barbie.
2. G.I. Joe.
3. They played with Barbie
4. They played with G.I. Joe

Guess that means I'm a woman because I never played with G.I. Joe and I did pick up a Barbie doll once. :shrug: Oh, and as a kid I was a fan of Sailor Moon, and to this day I'm still a fan of it. (the Japanese version, not that POS American mess) Heck my avatar is a Sailor Moon character!! ...Yup, I'm a woman. :D

Male, 21, Earth. (I don't acknowledge political boundaries)

Well I played with barbies when I was little, but then gave them up and started watching power rangers and ronin warriors. So..... does that mean I was born a woman... but then had a sex change operation when I was little that I don't remember for some reason and am now male? Or am I simply a freak of nature?:D

oh and I am female, 21, California,(I acknowledge political boundaries even though I feel they should not exist.:p)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
xx chromosome
xy chromosome
female hormones
male hormones
The problem with this, is that there are many chromosome variances that exist. While typically women are born XX, it is very possible for them to be XY, which is the typical chromosomes for a male. Also, a small amount of testosterone does convert to estrogen, and women produce a small amount of testosterone.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

An adult female human being.
An adult male human being.
Not sure what you mean by this question. Do you mean what traits do I identify with femininity? OR how does a person get to be feminine?
Same as above.

Female, 53, Denver, Colorado.