• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Radicals Disrupt/Protest Worship Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Apex,

I think you are bitter about that ad..Please realize..that most rationally thinking "educated" people do not for one second believe that ad represented ALL Mormons..But IMHO?..It did represent some of them..And OF course it was dramatized..Most normal again "rationally" thinking people do not believe for one second Mormons were "litterally" going into the homes of gay marrieds and ripping their wedding rings off and tearing up their marriage certificates..But the Mormon church did represent part of the forefront of accomplishing removing the rights of married gay people with Prop 8...And I REALIZE it wasnt only "Mormons"..or ALL Mormons..

Maybe..you should try and trust people a little tiny bit more..

Love

Dallas
I don't want to derail this thread into another one about that add. So this is my last post on it. I don't care if most "educated" people are not going to see it as a generalization. It does not make it right! My opinion of that add and the people who made it is bigotry and hatred. I am sorry, but I am not going to change my opinion on this matter or try and "trust people" who are affiliated with it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I don't want to derail this thread into another one about that add. So this is my last post on it. I don't care if most "educated" people are not going to see it as a generalization. It does not make it right!

Yes it does make it "right"..Because it represents a "truth"...

Your way of thinking is like "white people should NEVER be represented as slave owners"..Because it might make some people generalize white people..so no white person should ever be depicted as owning slaves..(in history) because MANY white people didnt own slaves and in fact helped fight against it....So its not "right" to depict ANY white person as a participant in that practice..So everyone shhhhss..about what some white people did because its not fair to the whites that didnt...

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Yes it does make it "right"..Because it represents a "truth"...

Your way of thinking is like "white people should NEVER be represented as slave owners"..Because it might make some people generalize white people..so no white person should ever be depicted as owning slaves..(in history) because MANY white people didnt own slaves and in fact helped fight against it....So its not "right" to depict ANY white person as a participant in that practice..So everyone shhhhss..about what some white people did because its not fair to the whites that didnt...

Love

Dallas
Sorry, but your opinion, and my opinion, on what the creators of the add meant to portray, differ. A lot.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Sorry, but your opinion, and my opinion, on what the creators of the add meant to portray, differ. A lot.

Dont be sorry...

We can disagree..

But what the end result of what the ad portrayed ..Is exactly what happened..Gays were stripped or their rights to be married..and MANY Mormons (in particular) were on the forefront of this "cause"..Its what they wanted Apex...and its what they got..

You can not deny the facts..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
[QUOTESorry, but your opinion, and my opinion, on what the creators of the add meant to portray, differ. A lot.][/quote]

O.K...we "differ"..What do you think the creators of the ad meant to portray? If not that religious groups were organizing to take civil rights away from gay couples..??

Im curious..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
O.K...we "differ"..What do you think the creators of the ad meant to portray? If not that religious groups were organizing to take civil rights away from gay couples..??

Im curious..

Love

Dallas
Create another thread or send me a PM. I do not wish to derail this thread any further.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I don't think there's much value in lumping all gay people together. Pick any whacky church or religious group you like; should people apply their judgements of them to you as well as part of "the religious community"?

There's a wide spectrum of views and opinions out there. This episode doesn't reflect on anyone except the people who were actually involved in it.
Exactly. The hostilities are escalating on both sides precisely because people are being lumped all together. So some Mormons, not all have worked in favor of prop 8. As a result, some gay-rights advocates have lumped all Mormons together and targeted them indiscriminately. If you (Apex) now lump all gay-rights activists together for what a few have done, the anger and blame will never cease. It will only get worse and worse.

Be a better person than these people were.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
If you (Apex) now lump all gay-rights activists together for what a few have done, the anger and blame will never cease. It will only get worse and worse.

Be a better person than these people were.
Thank you for ignoring what I have said along with quite a few others. I will continue to bang my head against my desk due to peoples inability to listen to what I have tried several times to explain. If anyone thinks I lump all gay-rights activists with this group, you are wrong. Accept it or get over it, I don't care which.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Thank you for ignoring what I have said along with quite a few others. I will continue to bang my head against my desk due to peoples inability to listen to what I have tried several times to explain. If anyone thinks I lump all gay-rights activists with this group, you are wrong. Accept it or get over it, I don't care which.
I was basing my post on this:
I don't think I can put my support behind the gay community if this kind of behavior continues. In fact, I think they have lost it completely.
If you've changed your stance since this post, then great. :)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

We're not ignoring what you said, Ape, we're reading it:

Second, is this really how the gay community wants to present itself to the rest of us? First we get the revolting add about the LDS Church and then they quite literally invade another church screaming insults.

I don't think I can put my support behind the gay community if this kind of behavior continues. In fact, I think they have lost it completely.
You can bang your head all day, but in fact you did lump together "the gay community" with this tiny group involved in a single minor incident, and to compound it, announced that this has caused you to withdraw your support from their cause.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I don't want to derail this thread into another one about that add.
Then why bring it up?
So this is my last post on it. I don't care if most "educated" people are not going to see it as a generalization. It does not make it right! My opinion of that add and the people who made it is bigotry and hatred. I am sorry, but I am not going to change my opinion on this matter or try and "trust people" who are affiliated with it.
It wasn't a generalization, it was a fact. Please cite the statement in the ad that you consider to be a generalization. If you prefer to do that in a new thread, feel free.

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
These people who are the epidemy of tolerance desecrate a house of worship. And the weenie cops did nothing.

Pretty soon are we going to police our own churches and keep the freeks of society out because our own law enforcement has left their fortitude in the car?

These freeks gave up their free speech rights when they crossed the line disrupting a group worshipping God according to thier rights under the Constitution.

Gay rights protesters disrupt Sunday service | lansingstatejournal.com | Lansing State Journal

That's what you get for revoking people's freedom! Expect more of this.

I would have liked to insult you like you insulted me but since your name is already zippy the pinhead... I won't.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

You have NOT banged your head into any desk...And if you have..Its because people did in fact listen to you...and did not see how YOU are some sort of a victim..

You are not a victim..(repeat that in your head)...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thank you for ignoring what I have said along with quite a few others.

What have you said???(thats been ignored)

Seriously...And dont say "PM me" or start a new thread...

Forget what you have "said"...Say it now..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
[QUOTEOriginally Posted by Apex
Am I getting the general feeling is "When all else fails revert to the lowest level of behavior"?
][/QUOTE]

You mean like banging your head on a desk????

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
That's what you get for revoking people's freedom! Expect more of this.
If you antagonize the moderates, you only make the struggle that much harder.

And no, I'm not referring to Zippy, who is clearly not a moderate. I am referring to people who would otherwise be sympathetic or apathetic towards marriage equality but who will be put off by disrespectful behavior.

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
If you antagonize the moderates, you only make the struggle that much harder.

And no, I'm not referring to Zippy, who is clearly not a moderate. I am referring to people who would otherwise be sympathetic or apathetic towards marriage equality but who will be put off by disrespectful behavior.

Welcome into the real world, there are extremes on both sides... Like I said... Expect more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.