• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Radicals Disrupt/Protest Worship Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Since you believe gay marriage takes from others, and since gay marriage actually takes less -- much less -- from others than simply living does, do you see the fact gays are alive and taking resources from others to sustain their lives as a source of alarm to you?

Im wondering why would gay people WANT to have a marriage that has always been associated with heterosexaulity.

As for gays taking resources from others. We all work for what we have. Well most of us. Gay people are so concerned and overwhelmed by fear of being rejected that they appear to be grasping at this marriage of heterosexuals with all the might they have. Go where the heterosexuals havent gone before. Make their own unions. Instead of trying to convince millions of heterosexuals that their 'marriage' is not uniquely theirs, rather convince others that they are allowed to have the same rights as the heterosexuals have when married.

I promise you..i think there will be FAR less resistance, than trying to convince heterosexuals that the term 'marriage' isnt uniquely theirs.

Heneni

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Im wondering why would gay people WANT to have a marriage that has always been associated with heterosexaulity.

Why would interacial couples in the 1960s want to have a marriage that in many states was always associated with same race couples?

Instead of trying to convince millions of heterosexuals that their 'marriage' is not uniquely theirs, rather convince others that they are allowed to have the same rights as the heterosexuals have when married.

I promise you..i think there will be FAR less resistance, than trying to convince heterosexuals that the term 'marriage' isnt uniquely theirs.

Heneni

No need to make promises you yourself can't keep. Separate but equal just doesn't work in practice. Unless Gays get their marriage rights, their rights under any other union will always be especially vulnerable.

Heneni

Miss Independent
No need to make promises you yourself can't keep. Separate but equal just doesn't work in practice. Unless Gays get their marriage rights, their rights under any other union will always be especially vulnerable.

Then they have to make sure they are not vulnerable. Do they need the protection of heterosexuals to not be vulnerable. They are equal to heterosexuals. Seperate but equal is a reality sunstone. Whenever people dont celebrate their uniqueness they end up having no identity at all. I can be seperate yet equal because im not insecure about who i am.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
Being sarcastic are we?

If you want to be equal you dont have to become the person next to you. You can have your own identity without loosing anything.

I dont have to become gay to feel equal to them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Being sarcastic are we?

Then let me put it more bluntly: Do you have even one shred of historical evidence that a policy of separate but equal has even worked once in history? And just so you know: I suspect you don't and that you were rattling off your mouth in sheer, thoughtless ignorance of any historical truths when you told me that "separate but equal is a reality." Is that plain enough for you? Or would you prefer me to go back to what you call sarcasm?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Then let me put it more bluntly: Do you have even one shred of historical evidence that a policy of separate but equal has even worked once in history? And just so you know: I suspect you don't and that you were rattling off your mouth in sheer, thoughtless ignorance of any historical truths when you told me that "separate but equal is a reality." Is that plain enough for you? Or would you prefer me to go back to what you call sarcasm?

Listen sunstone...isnt america suppose to be the land of opportunity? Is that because everybody is white? There are different cultures within communities. I dont have to be a zulu to be equal to a zulu. I dont have to be a transvestite to be equal to them. I dont have to be you, to be equal to you. However, having said that...im thinking that you have no intention of thinking of me as your equal, hence you cannot see that there are thousands of people who live seperately, how have seperate communities, who have different sexual orientations, who DO actually live together.

There can be peace in diversity. It only takes compassion. Something you dont seem to have...hence your splitting hair comment about 'rattling off my mouth'.

You live you learn. Havent learnt anything from you in the last few posts. You having a bad day are you?

Heneni

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Listen sunstone...isnt america suppose to be the land of opportunity? Is that because everybody is white? There are different cultures within communities. I dont have to be a zulu to be equal to a zulu. I dont have to be a transvestite to be equal to them. I dont have to be you, to be equal to you. However, having said that...im thinking that you have no intention of thinking of me as your equal, hence you cannot see that there are thousands of people who live seperately, how have seperate communities, who have different sexual orientations, who DO actually live together.

There can be peace in diversity. It only takes compassion. Something you dont seem to have...hence your splitting hair comment about 'rattling off my mouth'.

You live you learn. Havent learnt anything from you in the last few posts. You having a bad day are you?

Heneni

I give up. I disagree with you; I don't believe we're even talking about the same things; and I'll leave it at that.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I give up. I disagree with you; I don't believe we're even talking about the same things; and I'll leave it at that.

I never figured you for a quiter. How about actually TRYING to figure out WHAT we are talking about? Running away from that which confronts us is no solution. Ill be ready to talk about this again if you want. Ill still love you in the morning even if you disagree with me. Love doesnt tip toeing around people. Insecurity breeds contempt.

Heneni

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hi Luisdantas

Hi, Heneni.

If i were gay, i would feel like i wanted my own type of marriage that is not the same as heterosexual marriages.

I respectfully doubt so, Heneni. The only way I see for homosexuals to want their marriages to be different from heterosexuals ones is the obvious one. As far as social and legal recognition goes, I just don't believe they would rather be seen as different. Nor do I think they are, either.

Come to think of it, marriages are already quite varied as factual reality goes.

I would want to have my own identity and to celebrate that unique identity i would want my own type of 'marriage'.

I suppose that would be true in a very few cases. But only a very few. Most homosexuals and bisexuals probably see their sexuality as the private matter that it indeed is, and would rather not emphasize it in such a way.

(Anyone who knows better, please be free to correct me. It's just my guess, really).

I find it odd that the gay community isnt working harder to have civil unions changed in a way that they would approve of. Rather they are trying to take on the old traditional heterosexual marriage, and make that their own.

On a practical level, marriage is specifically entitled to many rights that civil unions aren't. It takes far less work to simply allow same sex marriages.

On a social level, available evidence suggest to me that there is no demand for that kind of different-yet-equally-respectable alternative to marriage. Not from anyone who would use such an alternative, anyway.

Its contradicting. While gay people advocate that their equal and yet unique in their sexual preferences, they are not trying hard enough to get their own unique marriage, but rather wants to take on the heterosexual marriage which in effect is NOT what they are.

I must disagree again. A same sex couple in a stable relationship is not necessarily any more contrasting with a married heterosexual couple now than the later would be from, say, a 1940s married couple. Mentalities and social roles changed quite a lot since. I sincerely believe that marriage is very much indeed what many same sex couples have and want to be recognized.

So...whats up? The gay people are not hetereosexual, yet they want what has been identified with heterosexual union for eons.

For nearly all of that time marriage was identified with a female role of having kids and obeying her husband as well. That is left behind us now, and so must the notion that there is something in homosexuals that makes them somehow "unfit" for marriage.

When it comes down to it, the only real difference are the physical characteristics of the people involved; feelings and other attributes are pretty much indistinguishable, albeit also quite varied. I can see how some religious faiths would have trouble in recognizing marriages due to the way they physically interact, and I recognize their right to do so (althought it is still regrettable that they do), but there is no noteworthy pressure that they change their judgment about religious marriages. It is the legal right, not the religious institution, that is in discussion.

Is this just about 'getting what we want' and if we dont 'heterosexual people are evil and discriminating'?

Sure, although you make it sound somewhat more malicious than it is.

People should be allowed to get what they want, at least in such a case where (1) other people in equivalent situations are allowed already and (2) there is no reasonable argument not to extend such permission.

And yes, if heterosexual people (or, for that matter, ANY people) deny homosexuals marriage on the grounds that homosexuals shouldn't marry, then that is very much discrimination, don't you think?

It is not always evil, and probably rarely consciously evil. But the effects themselves are quite evil, since they hurt people's feelings and rights with no good reason.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Until homosexuals take themselves out of the shadow of heterosexuals they will never come out of the closet.

Everywhere the heterosexuals go...there the homosexuals want to go.

Heterosexuals have marriage...homosexuals want marriage.

Im saying...i wannna move so that the homosexuals can get their own light, but they dont wanna get out of the shadow!

All of this protesting have got the heterosexuals thinking. And contrary to popular belief many of us have been listening to their plight.

We have heard it said...(the homosexuals say....)

We are equal
We are not less citizens
We are contributing to society
We are no different than others (contradicting speech)

Basically homosexuals have tried so hard to appear to have it together that now ideed they dont look like the 'oppressed' anymore. They have convinced most of us... And since most of us are now convinced, any form of protest is contradicting the image of them we have in our minds of secure, confident, equal, contributing citizens.

Shooting themselves in the foot. Now when people who have a rather sound oppinion of homosexuals find them protesting and bickering and fighting, we tend to think they might not have it so togehter as we thought.

Thats also fine. But actuallly you see, homosexuals have succeeded in making some believe they are better than what they are...and now...when they resort to protest...it damages their public image.

Heneni

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Until homosexuals take themselves out of the shadow of heterosexuals they will never come out of the closet.

Everywhere the heterosexuals go...there the homosexuals want to go.

Heterosexuals have marriage...homosexuals want marriage.

Im saying...i wannna move so that the homosexuals can get their own light, but they dont wanna get out of the shadow!

Well, is there any reason for homosexuals not to be "everywhere heterosexuals go"? It's not like we are dealing with a different species or anything. It shouldn't come as any wonder that people want to be treated as people.

All of this protesting have got the heterosexuals thinking. And contrary to popular belief many of us have been listening to their plight.

We have heard it said...(the homosexuals say....)

We are equal
We are not less citizens
We are contributing to society
We are no different than others (contradicting speech)

I don't see how. Even if we focus on sexual behavior, it is such a private matter, and heterosexual behavior so varied, that I fail to see any significant difference. Heterosexuals feel the same need for privacy and freedom of marriage that homosexuals demand, too.

Basically homosexuals have tried so hard to appear to have it together that now indeed they dont look like the 'oppressed' anymore. They have convinced most of us... And since most of us are now convinced, any form of protest is contradicting the image of them we have in our minds of secure, confident, equal, contributing citizens.

Shooting themselves in the foot. Now when people who have a rather sound oppinion of homosexuals find them protesting and bickering and fighting, we tend to think they might not have it so together as we thought.

Thats also fine. But actuallly you see, homosexuals have succeeded in making some believe they are better than what they are...and now...when they resort to protest...it damages their public image.

Heneni

You really don't believe there is much of a reason for demanding the right to marry, do you?

I guess I must hope you come to understand it soon.

Heneni

Miss Independent
If homosexuals want to be together, then they can be, but instead they are making this a 'term' issue. They want the term 'marriage' .

If anybody tells me, that they will feel less of a person, because they cant use the term married, im inclined to think thats childish.

Is this about being together as a couple, or is this about getting what we want, regardless of what the heterosexuals feel about their term 'marriage'.

If there was really compassion for the heterosexuals from the homosexuals, they would not push this agenda, because it is hurtfull to many heterosexuals. And so the very thing that homosexuals seem to be the experts on...which is RIGHTS, are in no way, even slightly considering the RIGHT of the heterosexual to keep their term 'marriage'

If it offends others to want to coin their term 'marriage' why persue it and keep on persuing it if there is an alternative?

I say.....the homosexuals should have, from the start, asked for a unique marriage. Now that they cant have the term 'marriage' they think they are loosing out on something, when in fact all that has happened is their ego's have been hurt. I would like to see homosexuals unite in order to make civil unions, which could have been amended in significant ways, their own unique marriage.

Many heterosexuals feel that you cant have my toy, but you can have your own. Why do some homosexuals not get that?

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
There are people who dont have the same cultures. Their culture is SEPERATE to mine. But we are equal in worth as a person.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If homosexuals want to be together, then they can be, but instead they are making this a 'term' issue. They want the term 'marriage' .

If anybody tells me, that they will feel less of a person, because they cant use the term married, im inclined to think thats childish.

Is this about being together as a couple, or is this about getting what we want, regardless of what the heterosexuals feel about their term 'marriage'.

I disagree, as noted above.

If there was really compassion for the heterosexuals from the homosexuals, they would not push this agenda, because it is hurtfull to many heterosexuals.

Is it? Why? How so?

And so the very thing that homosexuals seem to be the experts on...which is RIGHTS, are in no way, even slightly considering the RIGHT of the heterosexual to keep their term 'marriage'

Homosexuals do not have particular expertise about civil rights. I guess one tends to feel otherwise due to the fight for rights in recent decades, but it is a bit of an exageration to generalize like that.

As for that right of keeping the term "100% heterosexual", I will be blunt and direct: it is illegitimate. There is no good excuse for even proposing it, really.

The parallels with the former ban on mixed-ethnicity marriages apply perfectly here.

If it offends others to want to coin their term 'marriage' why persue it and keep on persuing it if there is an alternative?

Because there isn't.

I say.....the homosexuals should have, from the start, asked for a unique marriage. Now that they cant have the term 'marriage' they think they are loosing out on something, when in fact all that has happened is their ego's have been hurt.

That would be plenty reason enough in such a matter, but as it turns out there are social, legal and financial consequences as well.

I would like to see homosexuals unite in order to make civil unions, which could have been amended in significant ways, their own unique marriage.

Sorry, but that is not acceptable. It would only emphasize a difference of treatment that must end already.

Many heterosexuals feel that you can't have my toy, but you can have your own. Why do some homosexuals not get that?

Because discrimination is evil and should be rejected.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Thats exactly what most heterosexuals arent falling for,.

We do not believe that just because we dont want to part with the term marriage that it is discrimination.

Whenever some people dont get what they want, they call it discrimination.

Its not discrimination if you can have your own type of marriage. But that is not good enough. Homosexuals, want the HETEROSEXUAL marriage.

What do you call that?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thats exactly what most heterosexuals arent falling for,.

Sorry, I lost you. What exactly?

We do not believe that just because we don't want to part with the term marriage that it is discrimination.

We don't want anyone to part with the term either. On the contrary, we want to extend it so that it makes more sense and has a truer meaning.

And sorry, but of course it is discrimination to deny people such a right on such arbitrary grounds.

Whenever some people dont get what they want, they call it discrimination.

And in some cases, depending on the nature of the objections, they are quite correct in doing so.

Its not discrimination if you can have your own type of marriage. But that is not good enough. Homosexuals, want the HETEROSEXUAL marriage.

What do you call that?

Personally I call that a failure of yours in understanding the matter and its consequences.

Heneni

Miss Independent
LuisDantas

I think perhaps homosexuals should explore in further depth their identity as a unique group of people. People like others who are secure in their identity. If im secure in my identity i wouldnt want to try and take on the identity of a xhosa, a zulu, an indian.

We are all unique. Uniqueness is what seperates us. Love is what makes us equal. Not a piece of paper!

The worst thing to observes is an evangelist that talks like Jimmy Swaggart, dresses like he did, and aquires his mannerism. He has just lost his identity. Hes trying to be someone else.

Homosexuals need to be seperate in order to stand on their own.

They need and should maintaing their own identity as a community and fiddling around with the heterosexual marriage concept is contradicting. Its like they are saying, im comfortable with being homosexual, but i prefer the cookies out of the heterosexaul jar.

I think that homosexuals need to, if they are going to survive and stand on their feet, make a far greater attempt at being comfortable with themselves and their uniqueness. What an awesome oppportunity for them to pioneer gay marriages! Why distort and cloud it with an effort to be 'married' as heterosexuals.

The term civil union has become a snare to them? Why? It was their opportunity to start with SOMETHING and then build on. Hmmm....i think that its easier to get the cookies out of someone elses jar, rather than bake our own.

LuisDantas, im afraid you dont understand what im trying to say....if the gay people are going to survive, without the added hate and bitterness of the people that at the moment support them as well, they will have to put away the protests, and life the philosophy they so dearly proclaim.

Heneni

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.