• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay or not gay.

is it gay sex

• yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

We Never Know

No Slack
If a straight male agrees and lets a gay male perform sexual acts upon him(oral sex)...

Is that gay sex? @Shadow Wolf says no. I think it is.

Votes are anonymous. This its not for or against anyone or anything. Its simply seeking the thoughts of others.

Homosexual:
of, relating to, or involving sexual activity between people of the same sex

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL

Last edited:

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
If a gay person never has sex at all, they're still gay, because being gay is about whom you're sexually attracted to, not the act of having same-sex.
So I'd agree with SW on this one.
Arguably even just about attraction, which is something you can talk to kids about without mentioning or alluding to sex at all, unlike what absurd sex negative repressed zealots claim

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If a straight male agrees and lets a gay male perform sexual acts upon him(oral sex)...

Votes are anonymous. This its not for or against anyone or anything. Its simply seeking the thoughts of others.

Homosexual:

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL
As an act itself?
I mean I suppose I can agree that that specifically is a gay sexual act. Insofar as it involves two people of the same sex engaging in a sex act.

Whether or not that constitutes as gay sex specifically, is a tad more complicated.

Response to sexual stimuli is just that, a response. If you are punched in the face, you’re going to experience pain. It’s involuntary and purely biological.
Now, gay sex acts themselves as understood in a general sense (ie colloquially) typically requires the consent and active participation of both, with the understanding that the act itself is something both enjoy.
A man just “needing to nut,” if I may be so crass, is simply looking for stimuli, regardless of the other person’s sex or gender or even sexual orientation. The act itself is not necessarily born out of sexual fulfilment of one’s sexual orientation.
It could be experimentation, it could be a drunken dare even. Maybe they had a gun to their head. I dunno
Indeed a man who is gay can sleep with a woman, if they really try. The act may be heterosexual in a very strict sense, as in it is a sex act involving two people of opposite genders. But it is not “heterosexual sex,” if you get me?
Indeed sexuality and expressions of which through sex acts often have nuance to consider. So acts themselves can’t be used as examples of one’s sexuality or sexual orientation specifically. They are at best merely complimentary at the end of the day. Iow, acts themselves are separate from sexuality. Technically speaking

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
This post reminds me of asexual folk choosing to have sex not because they experience attraction but because it makes their allosexual partner happy.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
This post reminds me of asexual folk choosing to have sex not because they experience attraction but because it makes their allosexual partner happy.
Hmm. I’ve always been somewhat curious about how relationships of asexuals work, in regards to the sexual fulfilment of both parties.
I guess I just assumed the best relationship for someone who is asexual would be with another asexual or at least with someone who has a naturally low sex drive.
(Sorry for making assumptions.)

VoidCat

Hmm. I’ve always been somewhat curious about how relationships of asexuals work, in regards to the sexual fulfilment of both parties.
I guess I just assumed the best relationship for someone who is asexual would be with another asexual or at least with someone who has a naturally low sex drive.
(Sorry for making assumptions.)
It's more complicated then that. Sex drive for instance is different then sexual attraction so some aces do have high sex drives. Most have low sex drives tho. Some are sex replused. Some are sex neutral. Some are sex positive. Some are a mix of the above. All have zero sexual attraction. Some experience romantic attraction. Some allow open relationships others strictly monogamous and still others have no relationships. Some do quasiplatonic relationships instead of romantic. Some are in sexless relationships others compromise. It's really what works for the couple. There's many different attitudes towards sex in the asexual community I've even met a few sex workers who are ace.

Edit: let's not forget even without sexual attraction most aces have random bursts of sexual arousal(not the same as attraction) that occurs for seemingly no reason and ain't aimed at anyone. This happens to me a lot when im ovulating.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
It's more complicated then that. Sex drive for instance is different then sexual attraction so some aces do have high sex drives. Most have low sex drives tho. Some are sex replused. Some are sex neutral. Some are sex positive. Some are a mix of the above. All have zero sexual attraction. Some experience romantic attraction. Some allow open relationships others strictly monogamous and still others have no relationships. Some do quasiplatonic relationships instead of romantic. Some are in sexless relationships others compromise. It's really what works for the couple. There's many different attitudes towards sex in the asexual community I've even met a few sex workers who are ace.
Wow. I knew sexuality was nuanced, but I guess I again underestimated the nuance.
Fascinating.

VoidCat

Wow. I knew sexuality was nuanced, but I guess I again underestimated the nuance.
Fascinating.
It is very nuanced. Some tho dont get the difference between arousal, sex drive, and attraction and i end up having to get stereotypical and use a food metaphor to explain it since it seems only a food metaphor works explaining the difference between the 3

HonestJoe

I think the key point is that this is a grammatical question more than a socio-political one, but the nature of the socio-politics tends to dominate such thoughts and discussions.

The word homosexual (or gay) can an adverb (describing an act) or a adjective (describing a person or thing, sometimes presented as a labelling pronoun, e.g. "the homosexual" rather than "the homosexual man") and them mean subtly different things in each case.
As a pronoun/adjective describing a person, homosexual generally refers to their preferences or attractions. A homosexual person is homosexual regardless of whether they're actually having sex or are in a relationship with anyone.
As an adverb, homosexual typically refers to the nature of the act rather than the thoughts of the people involved. If the activity is sexual (or sometimes just romantic) in nature and involves people of the same gender, the act is homosexual, regardless of why he people are doing it.

So in your example, we can say a heterosexual person is engaging in a homosexual act. Heterosexual is the adjective describing the person while homosexual is the adverb describing the act.

Consider a bisexual person for example. Bisexual is the adjective that applies to them but heterosexual and homosexual are adverbs that can describe the acts or relationships they may well engage in (they only get to engage in bisexual acts on special occasions ;) ).

Edit: I totally messed up the terminology but I think I fixed it now.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Homosexual:

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL
Having oral sex done to you is a sexual act. If you are a male, and letting a male do it, that is a homosexual act. (Ditto for female/female). So of course it's "gay sex." That does not mean, however, that the receiver of fellatio is necessarily gay. It's just using whatever (or whoever) is handy for one's own gratification.

Which makes it, in my view, pretty poor sex, too.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I voted No because I think this kind of thing happens so often in prisons or other such circumstances, and where it is more about expediency than much else. As a child I had 'sexual relationships' with an older boy, but I neither requested, desired, or gave my knowing consent to such, and even though it did confuse me for some years after, I just came to see this as a physical act and hence I disregarded what happened as being just a childhood experience having little value. I am no more homosexual now than I was then. :oops: