• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay or not gay.

is it gay sex

• yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

MikeF

Premium Member
If a straight male agrees and lets a gay male perform sexual acts upon him(oral sex)...

Is that gay sex? @Shadow Wolf says no. I think it is.

Votes are anonymous. This its not for or against anyone or anything. Its simply seeking the thoughts of others.

Homosexual:
of, relating to, or involving sexual activity between people of the same sex

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL

Would the straight man no longer be straight, but bi-sexual since the act was voluntary?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Possibly not. Genital stimulation is sometimes just a pushbutton response system that functions regardless of attraction.

There are so many heterosexual people who would not even kiss people of the same sex.
Let alone having sex, other than intercourse. Or intercourse itself.

So...it is probable that this person doesn't mind having sex with people of the same sex, but is only romantically attracted to people of the opposite sex.
It might be veiled bisexuality or latent bisexuality, I don't know.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Would the straight man no longer be straight, but bi-sexual since the act was voluntary?
Depends if they attracted to the man. He couldve just been experimenting. Could be curiosity. Or he could be biromantic but hetereosexual. So romantically attracted to men and women but sexually attracted to women only. Maybe in a romantic relationship with a gay man and had sex to make their partner happy. Or they could be having sex as part of sex work. Or cuz they were bored and thought why not? Or they mightve thought they were sexually attracted but found out they weren't. Lots of reasons a straight guy might have sex with a man. Im asexual I dont experience sexual attraction. But I've sexted a friend of mine a few times cuz it was fun and I was bored and was happy to make said friend happy. I wasn't attracted to said friend tho and I wasn't turnt on sexually by the sexting. That's an example of two people with different orientations doing stuff together that is sexual even tho one isnt sexually attracted to the other person.

syo

If a straight male agrees and lets a gay male perform sexual acts upon him(oral sex)...

Votes are anonymous. This its not for or against anyone or anything. Its simply seeking the thoughts of others.

Homosexual:

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL
According to the definition, it is.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
There are so many heterosexual people who would not even kiss people of the same sex.
Let alone having sex, other than intercourse. Or intercourse itself.

So...it is probable that this person doesn't mind having sex with people of the same sex, but is only romantically attracted to people of the opposite sex.
It might be veiled bisexuality or latent bisexuality, I don't know.

I think of it in terms of attraction. A male may not be attracted to a male but may be willing to allow oral sex with a male as a means of stimulation only. Similarly, a person may not enjoy scrambled eggs but may consume them in order to alleviate hunger.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think of it in terms of attraction. A male may not be attracted to a male but may be willing to allow oral sex with a male as a means of stimulation only. Similarly, a person may not enjoy scrambled eggs but may consume them in order to alleviate hunger.

But there is a difference between bisexual and biromantic.
:)

Straight people, heterosexual people are those who find the idea of having sex with people of the same sex repulsive.
Many of them do respect and love LGBT people...they are not culturally biased...it's just a matter of chemistry.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
But there is a difference between bisexual and biromantic.
:)

Straight people, heterosexual people are those who find the idea of having sex with people of the same sex repulsive.
Many of them do respect and love LGBT people...they are not culturally biased...it's just a matter of chemistry.

Sure! I think in the case for this thread, though, my purpose is in distinguishing sexual pleasure from attraction.

An example might be rubbing against a pillow to get off. Does this mean one is a pillow-sexual? No, the pillow is just acting as a toy or tool for stimulation.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sure! I think in the case for this thread, though, my purpose is in distinguishing sexual pleasure from attraction.

An example might be rubbing against a pillow to get off. Does this mean one is a pillow-sexual? No, the pillow is just acting as a toy or tool for stimulation.
But the presence of a person of the same sex might be a turnoff.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I voted No because I think this kind of thing happens so often in prisons or other such circumstances, and where it is more about expediency than much else. As a child I had 'sexual relationships' with an older boy, but I neither requested, desired, or gave my knowing consent to such, and even though it did confuse me for some years after, I just came to see this as a physical act and hence I disregarded what happened as being just a childhood experience having little value. I am no more homosexual now than I was then. :oops:

I am sorry that happened. I had a similar experience with an older person when I was very young. There was no sexual attraction on my end, just stimulation before I understood the import.

This is also a good reason why sexual response should not be considered consent.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I am sorry that happened. I had a similar experience with an older person when I was very young. There was no sexual attraction on my end, just stimulation before I understood the import.

This is also a good reason why sexual response should not be considered consent.
As in many cases, I think those older (just a few years in my case) just take advantage of the naivety of any younger. I soon stopped hanging out with this person shortly after, but the effects lingered on for some years, and which I did view as abuse - sexual and of the trust one often places in friendships. :oops:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Homosexual:

Definition of HOMOSEXUAL
Yes, it's a gay sexual act/gay sex, regardless of how they identify themselves. I don't know why everything has to be overthought these days.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If the guy receiving the bj is blindfolded, or he's at a glory hole, or some other situation where he doesn't know the sex of the person performing fellatio on him, what does that make it? If I don't know a woman is performing oral sex on me, does that make me straight? There's a saying that a hard [slang for male avian] doesn't know or care if its a man's or a woman's mouth. Moreover, there's more to 'gay' or 'straight' than who sucks whose [slang for male avian]. I heard someone say once "I have sex with men but I have relationships with women.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
A BJ is a little more than genital stimulation imo.

Not in the back room arcades of an adult bookstore with the glory holes or the out of the way stock areas of Lowes or The Homo Depot, or the back passage ways at a large mall. Especially when the two probably don't look at each other's faces, much less make eye contact. But hey don't look at me ... i just know stuff. :oops:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's same sex activity, sure, but not sure it says anything about the person's sexual orientation in a strict way. So yes in one way and no in another, really
I wonder what it's called with a sex doll or other sexual toy? Attraction? Choice?

Anime?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, it's a gay sexual act/gay sex, regardless of how they identify themselves. I don't know why everything has to be overthought these days.
I rather think there's a bigger problem with underthinking these days.

Gay can be used as a verb but it is more commonly, especially with today's knowledge, used as an adjective.

A gay person who has sex for the purpose of procreation isn't suddenly straight or bi just because they had sex with an opposite gender. Ditto where a straight person just wants to get off and doesn't care what the 'tool' is.

These kinds of arguments are often used by men very insecure about their sexuality trying to externalizes someone else's action as something that makes them gay. Or arguments used whereby sexual assault is pinned on gay people (eg prison sex) to a. Try and make the concept of sexuality more fluid than it is for most people and b. Try to frame homosexuality as a lack of options or deviance that doesn't happen except under trauma, violence or abuse.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If a straight male agrees and lets a gay male perform sexual acts upon him(oral sex)... Is that gay sex?
I say what difference does it make as long as they are adults and the sex is consensual. Do we really need to have "morality police" like Iran has to break in on bedrooms to see whom is with whom?