• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaudiya Vaishnavism queries and discussion thread.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Not just Gaudiyas, but others too: Shashthi (Sixth day), Krishna Paksha (Dark half of the moon), Bhadrapada. (2 days before Lord Krishna's birth day - Janmashtami)
Born to Rohini and Vasudeva, a step brother to Lord Krishna.

2016: August 23

Lord Balarama is worshipped as 8th incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The birth anniversary of Lord Balarama is observed as Balarama Jayanti. Balarama was the elder brother of Lord Krishna. Lord Balarama is also worshipped as an Avatar of Adishesha, the serpent on which Lord Vishnu rests. Balarama is also known as Baladeva, Balabhadra and Halayudha. This day is also known as Hal Sashti and Lalahi Chhath in North India. In Braj region this day is popularly known as Baladeva Chhath and in Gujarat this day is observed as Randhan Chhath.
http://www.drikpanchang.com/dashavatara/lord-balarama/balarama-jayanti-date-time.html?year=2015

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
Speaking of which Lord Nitai's appearance day is coming up (on the 20th, Shukla Trayodashi of Magha). Already very very excited, have made a long list of things to do, and foods to cook. It is said that the birthdays of the Lord is divine (Janma Karma ca me divyam-Gita). Will try to make Chida Dahi (chipped rice with yogurt-Nitai's favourite), but it is very hard to find chipped rice here in Australia. Will keep everyone updated, esp on the days leading up to Nitai's Janma. Also, the disappearance day of Srila Ramanujacharya and Srila Madhvacharya are also on that week, as well as the appearance of Adwaita Acharya. This coming two months are actually very very festive seasons for us Gaudiyas, because after Lord Nitai appears, Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu (whose appearance day marks the beginning of Gaudiya new year), appears a few weeks after, and between those weeks, a whole myriad of the Lord's associates also make their appearance. Jaya Gaura Parivara!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of which Lord Nitai's appearance day is coming up (on the 20th, Shukla Trayodashi of Magha). Already very very excited, have made a long list of things to do, and foods to cook. It is said that the birthdays of the Lord is divine (Janma Karma ca me divyam-Gita). Will try to make Chida Dahi (chipped rice with yogurt-Nitai's favourite), but it is very hard to find chipped rice here in Australia. Will keep everyone updated, esp on the days leading up to Nitai's Janma. Also, the disappearance day of Srila Ramanujacharya and Srila Madhvacharya are also on that week, as well as the appearance of Adwaita Acharya. This coming two months are actually very very festive seasons for us Gaudiyas, because after Lord Nitai appears, Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu (whose appearance day marks the beginning of Gaudiya new year), appears a few weeks after, and between those weeks, a whole myriad of the Lord's associates also make their appearance. Jaya Gaura Parivara!
This month? Also i didn't know you were from Australia! Which city? :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Will try to make Chida Dahi (chipped rice with yogurt-Nitai's favourite), but it is very hard to find chipped rice here in Australia. Will keep everyone updated, ..
Chida, Chivra, Chirwa, Poha; favorite of Gujaratis and Maharashtrians. They can't do without it. Also my son's favorite breakfast, low on calories. We are presented with it every day. Check at the Indian stores.

"This easily digestible form of raw rice is very popular across India, Nepal and Bangladesh, and is normally used to prepare snacks or light and easy fast food in a variety of Indian cuisine styles, some even for long-term consumption of a week or more. It is known by a variety of names:"Chirwa" in Rajasthani, Chuda in Oriya, Atukulu in Telugu (Atukulu), Aval inTamil (அவல்) and Malayalam (അവൽ), Chiura in parts of Bihar and Jharkhand, Chira in Bengali (চিঁড়া) and Assamese, Chiura (चिउरा) in Maithili, Nepali, Bhojpuri and Chhattisgarhi, Poha or Pauwa in Hindi, Baji in Newari, Pohe in Marathi, Phovu in Konkani, Avalakki (ಅವಲಕ್ಕಿ) in Kannada, and Pauaa/Paunva (પૌંઆ) in Gujarati."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattened_rice

निताइ dasa

This month? Also i didn't know you were from Australia! Which city? :)
Hari Hari, yes yes this month. Yes, I am from Perth (which even in Australia is so isolated ahah).

They can't do without it. Also my son's favorite breakfast, low on calories. We are presented with it every day. Check at the Indian stores.

Jaya Jaya! Wonderful, I will ask at this nearby Indian store. Maybe that was the problem I asked for "chipped rice" instead of "flattened rice" ;).

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Hari Hari, yes yes this month. Yes, I am from Perth (which even in Australia is so isolated ahah).

Jaya Jaya! Wonderful, I will ask at this nearby Indian store. Maybe that was the problem I asked for "chipped rice" instead of "flattened rice" ;).
On the other side of the continent ay? Never been to Perth. Lovely to meet another Australian Hindu :)

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member

Nitai dasji! Is there a temple in Perth? Where I am from, Darwin, there is no temple but now that I am in Melbourne I live nearby so many temples. There is the Mahaprabhu Mandir in the city, Hare Krishna Valley to the west, several massive temples in the east including two Swaminarayan temples (one BAPS the other... not BAPS) and a truly massive temple dedicated to Shiva and Vishnu (the Shri Shiva Visnu temple). Out west there are also several temples (I am in the inner west); two Shri Murugan temples, one of which is very, very close to me, less than ten minutes away! Two Mata temples; the southern hemisphere's largest Durga Mataji temple (my temple, as I like to call it) and a small one currently being run out of a community hall dedicated to Chintapurni mataji. I am truly blessed!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Nitai dasji! Is there a temple in Perth? Where I am from, Darwin, there is no temple but now that I am in Melbourne I live nearby so many temples. There is the Mahaprabhu Mandir in the city, Hare Krishna Valley to the west, several massive temples in the east including two Swaminarayan temples (one BAPS the other... not BAPS) and a truly massive temple dedicated to Shiva and Vishnu (the Shri Shiva Visnu temple). Out west there are also several temples (I am in the inner west); two Shri Murugan temples, one of which is very, very close to me, less than ten minutes away! Two Mata temples; the southern hemisphere's largest Durga Mataji temple (my temple, as I like to call it) and a small one currently being run out of a community hall dedicated to Chintapurni mataji. I am truly blessed!
:O So many temples! I should live there! At least the Venkateswara temple is an hour from my house. And among Iskcon ones.

निताइ dasa

Nitaibol!

Yes there are quite a few, but they are far way from where I live (about 1.5 hrs drive, which is short for australia but...). There is a general Lord Narayan temple, and also a mandir for Shivji. There is one ISKCON temple in the city which is very nice, and is linked with the local Hare Krsna restaurant to distribute prasad. Overall very small here, but also good.

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Nitaibol!

Yes there are quite a few, but they are far way from where I live (about 1.5 hrs drive, which is short for australia but...). There is a general Lord Narayan temple, and also a mandir for Shivji. There is one ISCKON temple in the city which is very nice, and is linked with the local Hare Krsna restaurant to distribute prasad. Overall very small here, but also good.
Ooooh a Lord Narayana temple? Have you been there?

निताइ dasa

Ooooh a Lord Narayana temple? Have you been there?

Yes I think so, I went when I was quite young I think. There is a diety of Lord Venkateshwar situated there, very magnificent and beautiful. Generally we have poojas and kirtan together with other Hindus, or sometimes do Ramayana which is always very wonderful :)

निताइ dasa

Nitai!! My humble Pranam to everyone on this forum :praying::praying::praying:. Sorry I have not been posting here lately, everything is getting very busy preparing for Nityanandi Trayodashi. Yesterday on our online sanga, one of Nitai's great devotees and my godsister, Radhasakhi dasi Prabhvi composed a very very beautiful bhajan about Nitai in Hindi Language. This Bhajan was sung then by Nityanandi dasi Prabhvi, and I would like to share this bhajan with you all of you today. Please also accept my humble translation (it is in Hindi so it is not every hard to understand):

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fshodaimesenju%2Fthaamo-hath-nitai-hold-my-hand-nitai
photo.jpg

(refrain) Thaamo haath O mere Nitai davanala mein jal rahan ho main
dhundhlahi sab dikhe mujhe bas, manzil aati na nazar mujhe

Please hold my hand tightly oh my Nitai, as I am burning in this forest fire of material existence. Even after searching I cannot find anything, the destination does not appear in front of my eyes.

1) jeevan gavaya hai vyrtha maine na ki maine teri badhai
kya khaak hai jiya maine savaaro jeevan o mere Nitai

Thaamo haath O mere Nitai.

I have lost this life in futility because I have not sung Your glories. For what reason can this be called life? O my Nitai please take this life under your control!
Please hold my hand tightly O my Nitai...

2) main tu Tera, Tera hoon main bas aas na kisi aur ki
aur kaun bachaen is aag se karuna hai sirf tujhme Nitai

Thaamo haath O mere Nitai...

I am Yours, I am only Yours, I don't have any hope for anyone else. Who else will save me from this flame (of material existence), only You have the Grace to save me Nitai!

3) aneek paap se bhara pada hai ye mera jeevan
kaise apnaayein mujhe koi tuhi apnale o pranadhan

Thaamo haath O mere Nitai...

Filled with countless sins my life lies here. How then can anyone accept me? Please You accept me Nitai, for You are my life and wealth.

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Nitai Gaur Haribol!

Today is the most auspicious disappearance day (tirobhava tithi) of Srila Ramanujacharya, who so beatifully and fearlessly spread suddha Vaishnav Dharma all across South India. He established the Pancaratrika shatras as authentic methods of worship, and because of this, we Gaudiyas are forever indebted to His lotus feet, which is non-different from Sri Lakshmana. That is why Srila Prabhupada writes about Ramanujacharya:

"So far I am personally concerned, following the footsteps of my guru maharaj Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada, we accept the principles of all the acaryas, although officially we belong to the Madhva sampradaya. Our sampradaya is known as the Madhva Gaudiya sampradaya. We find great shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Ramanujacarya because his lotus feet are the strongest fort to combat the mayavadi (impersonal) philosophy".

I would like to share some of his glories for my own purification on this auspicious day. This biography of Ramanujacharya was given in a lecture by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayan Maharaj (who was a great Gaudiya Acharya):

"Sri Ramanujacarya was born in South India. He is an incarnation of Laksmana. The word ‘anuja’ means ‘younger brother’. Rama-anuja refers to the younger brother of Lord Rama; therefore, he is Ramanuja. In Kali-yuga, he is the acarya of the Sri (Laksmi) Sampradaya. He is the disciple of Yamunacarya. As a boy, he was exceptionally intelligent. At a very young age, he knew all Sanskrit grammar (vyakarana), literature (sahitya), and all the deep conclusions of the Vedic scriptures.

His first teacher, Yadavacarya, was a follower of the Mayavada (the theory that all variety and individuality are illusion) and Advaitavada (the theory that the only truth is impersonal undifferentiated oneness) philosophies. One day, his teacher began to explain his understanding of the beauty of Sri Krsna’s eyes. In this regard Chandogya Upanisad uses the word ‘kapyasam.’ Yadavacarya explained that ‘kapi’ means ‘monkey’, and that the monkey’s rear-end (kapi-asam) is reddish on both sides. He concluded that Krsna’s lotus eyes are like a monkey’s rear-end. Hearing this, Ramanuja began to weep.

Later, when Ramanuja was massaging Yadavacarya, he told him, “The explanation you have given for kapyasam is wrong. ‘Kapi’ can be understood to mean ‘that which takes water from everywhere’. Who takes water? The sun. The word ‘asam’ also means ‘to blossom’, so the word ‘kapi-asam’ can be understood as ‘that which blossoms under the sun,’ or, in other words, ‘the lotus flower’. Thus, we can understand the verse to mean that the Lord’s eyes are as beautiful as the lotus flower.

When Yadavacarya heard this, he thought, “This boy is dangerous. He is very expert and is giving such nice explanations. In the future he might uproot all the impersonal teachings from the Vedas, and so I must kill him.” Thinking to trick Ramanuja, Yadavacarya told him that he was going to travel with all his students to do some preaching, and that Ramanuja should also accompany them. Ramanuja was a very sincere and innocent boy, so he didn’t understand his teacher’s intentions.

Then, when they were all in a very deep forest, they decided that this would be the time to murder him. Govinda, his cousin-brother, told him of their plan, and urged him to quickly flee from there. Therefore, in the middle of the night, Ramanuja told them that he was going to the toilet, and he ran away.

Now alone, he suddenly saw a hunter, along with his wife, holding a hurricane light. The man asked him, “Where are you going?”

Ramanuja answered, “I am going to Kancipuram.”

The man replied, “We are also going there, so come with us.”

When he arrived at Kancipuram, his own village, which was very far away, those persons disappeared. Ramanuja then began to weep. He understood that it was certainly the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana Himself, along with His eternal consort, Lakshmi-devi, who had saved his life."

Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jaya!!!
Ramanujacharya.jpg

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Nitai Dasa ji

Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jaya!!!

such a nice Seva ro recount episodes from the life of Sri Ramanujacharya , .....Jai Jai Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jaya !

I have a nice story to tell , @ Shiva Fan will I hope like this story , .......quite some long time ago , I went out in the morning to visit an Antique market where a freind was working , ....I must say I am a little partial to Antique markets sometimes I have found some very nice surprises , .....Now I canot help it but I have allways loved the deity forms and it seems that I seem to gravitate towards forms of Visnu , .....Well let me put it another way , I think they find me , and want to come home for a nice bath and pushpanjali , .....this day I found a little Acharya , I was not entirely sure who it was He is only small but bore the Vaisnava markings , So l took him home and bathed him , But still I wanted to know who he was that afternoon I went to Temple to do my seva so I wrapped him nicely in clean cloth and put him in a special little bag with my mala , ...It was this day , Ramanujacharya's dissaperance and although we do not realy celebrate it , in the temple that evening the story of the life of Ramanuja Ji was told , .... as soon as the story was begining to be narated I suddenly realised Who this little Deity was , it was Ramanujacharya , ....I felt very happy and Honnoured that he had decided to make himself known to me , ...So I now have a small seperate shelf on my Shrine for him and so that he would not be lonely in a Gaudiya Household I found him a small Venkatesvara at whos feet he sits , ....this morning I offered him little flower petals from all of you here , So I hope he will send blessings to you all , ...Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jai !

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaskaram Nitai Dasa ji

such a nice Seva ro recount episodes from the life of Sri Ramanujacharya , .....Jai Jai Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jaya !

I have a nice story to tell , @ Shiva Fan will I hope like this story , .......quite some long time ago , I went out in the morning to visit an Antique market where a freind was working , ....I must say I am a little partial to Antique markets sometimes I have found some very nice surprises , .....Now I canot help it but I have allways loved the deity forms and it seems that I seem to gravitate towards forms of Visnu , .....Well let me put it another way , I think they find me , and want to come home for a nice bath and pushpanjali , .....this day I found a little Acharya , I was not entirely sure who it was He is only small but bore the Vaisnava markings , So l took him home and bathed him , But still I wanted to know who he was that afternoon I went to Temple to do my seva so I wrapped him nicely in clean cloth and put him in a special little bag with my mala , ...It was this day , Ramanujacharya's dissaperance and although we do not realy celebrate it , in the temple that evening the story of the life of Ramanuja Ji was told , .... as soon as the story was begining to be narated I suddenly realised Who this little Deity was , it was Ramanujacharya , ....I felt very happy and Honnoured that he had decided to make himself known to me , ...So I now have a small seperate shelf on my Shrine for him and so that he would not be lonely in a Gaudiya Household I found him a small Venkatesvara at whos feet he sits , ....this morning I offered him little flower petals from all of you here , So I hope he will send blessings to you all , ...Srila Ramanujacharya ki Jai !
Fantastic story Ratikala!

निताइ dasa

Nitai! My humble pranams to everyone :praying::praying::praying::praying:.Today is Nityananda Trayodashi. I had a very ecstatic day today, woke up early and cooked some Bhoga for Nitai. I made His favourite Chida Dahi (chipped rice with yogurt) and also some Bengali style Potato and Spinach. Also made variety of other dishes. Offered Bhoga to Nitai's syllables and then performed some Kirtan. Anyway, it is quite late here (4am), but before retiring, I would like to share some glories of Ekachakra Dhama and Nitai.

Nitai is my exclusive Lord, life after life. I am happy to lost Sri Sri Radha Krsna and even Lord Gauranga, but I always pray to Lord Nitai that I never forget His reddish lotus feet. They are my only hope, life after life. Because for one who gets Nitai, everything else becomes easy! When no other form of Godhead was even willing to look my way, it was only my Nitai and His devotees who accepted me. That is why He is called "Patita Bandhu" the friend of the fallen. I have witnessed many miracles in my life due to the mercy of Nitai and His Name, and I attribute my success even in this material life to Lord Nitai only. That is why I want to share this bhajan which perfectly contains my feelings towards Lord Nitai, on His appearance day today. It is sung and composed by Nitai Sevika dasi Prabhvi.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fnitaipreshthji%2Fhe-nitai-chand-karuna-nidhi-nitaisevika-dasi-nitai2336

So, this year my beloved Gurudeva, and the Nitai Bhaktas took a trip to Sri Ekachakra Dham to celebrate Nitai's birthday, and I am so fallen (and stuck in this country) I was unable to go and have association of the Nitai-Sevaks, still they mercifully shared the photos, audios and videos from the Yatra, which I would like to share with you, and also explain some of the Lila Sthalis and what they means to us. Ekachakra Dhama is a beautiful village even to the material eyes, and not many people know about it.

[GALLERY=media, 7319]Photo_2016-02-21_03-44-12 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

So this is the Nitai Nama mud hut where my Gurudeva lives. It is not too extravagant in the material vision, but he loves this place so much, because it is so close to the Nitai Yogapitha (place where Nitai was born). Every night for the past week the devotees performed very ecstatic kirtan in the hut. You can see him in the picture here in the saffron robes of a sannayasi.

[GALLERY=media, 7317]Photo_2016-02-21_03-41-58 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is Siddha Bakula which is the climax of the Lila Sthalis of Lord Nitai. Here everyday Lord Nitai performed inconceivable pastimes with His associates. They would perform drama (Nataka Lila) of the pastimes of Sri Sri Krsna Balarama here. Because Nityananda Prabhu is non-different from Baladev, He was always immersed in remembering His brother, Sri Krsna. Sometimes Nitai would enter into the mood of Lakshmana and tell His Sakhas (friends) to reenact the battle between Ravana and Lakshman. One of the Sakhas would throw a lotus flower at Nitai (which was Ravan's Shakti Shela weapon) and Nitai would immediately become unconscious. Seeing this the Sakhas would become frantic and forget the rest of the lila, and Padmavati Maa and Hadai Pandit (Nitai's parents) would come and become very sad in separation from Nitai. But then suddenly a Sakha would remember the rest of the pastime, and dress up as Hanuman to retrieve the Sanjivini (special herb) which he would bring back to the unconscious Nitai and revive Him and everyone would become happy again. Hadai Pandit would ask Nitai, "Oh my dear son where have you learnt all these pastimes?" and Nitai would reply smiling "These are all My pastimes".

[GALLERY=media, 7320]Photo_2016-02-21_03-44-58 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

Here you can see Kaliya Daman which is where Nitai would engage in water pastimes with His sakhas. They would reenact the Kaliya Lila. The water of Kaliya Daman is the Caranamrta (water that washed the feet) of Nitai. Here you can see that one tree has nearly dried up in separation because it cannot touch the water of Kaliya Daman. It is still living although most of its roots are exposed.

[GALLERY=media, 7318]Photo_2016-02-21_03-43-20 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

These are the deities of Jagannatha, Baladeva, and Subhadra which were manifest from the heart of Lord Nitai Himself.

[GALLERY=media, 7313]Photo_2016-02-21_03-37-33 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is Lord Bankaraya (called so, because of his tribhanga stance, and "raya" means Radharani". Bankaraya was Nitai's younger brother and is non-different from Sri Krsna. To one side of Sri Banka Raya is Radharani and on the other side is Jahnava Maa (who is the wife and energy of Lord Nitai). It was into this deity that Lord Nityananda Prabhu disappeared into at the end of His pastimes on this earth. Unable to bear His seperation, Jahnava and Vasudha (His two wives) also disappeared into the deity of Banka Raya, so this deity is very special for us.

[GALLERY=media, 7321]Photo_2016-02-21_03-45-21 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is the deity of Patal Shiva who is the "watchman" of Ekachakra Dhama. Without worshiping Shivaji, one cannot get see Ekachakra Dhama. When Lord Shiva is pleased, then he orders his wife, Durga devi to remove the material covering over the dhama so we can see its spiritual nature.

[GALLERY=media, 7314]Photo_2016-02-21_03-38-57 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

And here you can finally see my Gurudeva sitting with his harmonium explaining the meaning of the syllables of Nitai's name in front of his kutir. Two nights ago, my Gurudeva and the Nitai Bhaktas sang a very very ecstatic rendition of Nitai Chalisa in the Nitai hut. By Nitai's mercy that bhajan was recorded by Hemgauranga das Prabhuji, and so I am sharing it here. I could listen to it again and again :) perhaps @ratikala mataji will like it (though it is in Hindi only sorry mataji). I love the part at 19.30 it always make me smile!

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fshodaimesenju%2Fnitaipresthiji-katha
Again wishing everyone a happy Nityananda Trayodashi. I will pray to Lord Nitai to strengthen all your faith, so you may progress rapidly in your spiritual paths. Joy Nitai!

Last edited:

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Nitai! My humble pranams to everyone :praying::praying::praying::praying:.Today is Nityananda Trayodashi. I had a very ecstatic day today, woke up early and cooked some Bhoga for Nitai. I made His favourite Chida Dahi (chipped rice with yogurt) and also some Bengali style Potato and Spinach. Also made variety of other dishes. Offered Bhoga to Nitai's syllables and then performed some Kirtan. Anyway, it is quite late here (4am), but before retiring, I would like to share some glories of Ekachakra Dhama and Nitai.

Nitai is my exclusive Lord, life after life. I am happy to lost Sri Sri Radha Krsna and even Lord Gauranga, but I always pray to Lord Nitai that I never forget His reddish lotus feet. They are my only hope, life after life. Because for one who gets Nitai, everything else becomes easy! When no other form of Godhead was even willing to look my way, it was only my Nitai and His devotees who accepted me. That is why He is called "Patita Bandhu" the friend of the fallen. I have witnessed many miracles in my life due to the mercy of Nitai and His Name, and I attribute my success even in this material life to Lord Nitai only. That is why I want to share this bhajan which perfectly contains my feelings towards Lord Nitai, on His appearance day today. It is sung and composed by Nitai Sevika dasi Prabhvi.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fnitaipreshthji%2Fhe-nitai-chand-karuna-nidhi-nitaisevika-dasi-nitai2336

So, this year my beloved Gurudeva, and the Nitai Bhaktas took a trip to Sri Ekachakra Dham to celebrate Nitai's birthday, and I am so fallen (and stuck in this country) I was unable to go and have association of the Nitai-Sevaks, still they mercifully shared the photos, audios and videos from the Yatra, which I would like to share with you, and also explain some of the Lila Sthalis and what they means to us. Ekachakra Dhama is a beautiful village even to the material eyes, and not many people know about it.

[GALLERY=media, 7319]Photo_2016-02-21_03-44-12 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

So this is the Nitai Nama mud hut where my Gurudeva lives. It is not too extravagant in the material vision, but he loves this place so much, because it is so close to the Nitai Yogapitha (place where Nitai was born). Every night for the past week the devotees performed very ecstatic kirtan in the hut. You can see him in the picture here in the saffron robes of a sannayasi.

[GALLERY=media, 7317]Photo_2016-02-21_03-41-58 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is Siddha Bakula which is the climax of the Lila Sthalis of Lord Nitai. Here everyday Lord Nitai performed inconceivable pastimes with His associates. They would perform drama (Nataka Lila) of the pastimes of Sri Sri Krsna Balarama here. Because Nityananda Prabhu is non-different from Baladev, He was always immersed in remembering His brother, Sri Krsna. Sometimes Nitai would enter into the mood of Lakshmana and tell His Sakhas (friends) to reenact the battle between Ravana and Lakshman. One of the Sakhas would throw a lotus flower at Nitai (which was Ravan's Shakti Shela weapon) and Nitai would immediately become unconscious. Seeing this the Sakhas would become frantic and forget the rest of the lila, and Padmavati Maa and Hadai Pandit (Nitai's parents) would come and become very sad in separation from Nitai. But then suddenly a Sakha would remember the rest of the pastime, and dress up as Hanuman to retrieve the Sanjivini (special herb) which he would bring back to the unconscious Nitai and revive Him and everyone would become happy again. Hadai Pandit would ask Nitai, "Oh my dear son where have you learnt all these pastimes?" and Nitai would reply smiling "These are all My pastimes".

[GALLERY=media, 7320]Photo_2016-02-21_03-44-58 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

Here you can see Kaliya Daman which is where Nitai would engage in water pastimes with His sakhas. They would reenact the Kaliya Lila. The water of Kaliya Daman is the Caranamrta (water that washed the feet) of Nitai. Here you can see that one tree has nearly dried up in separation because it cannot touch the water of Kaliya Daman. It is still living although most of its roots are exposed.

[GALLERY=media, 7318]Photo_2016-02-21_03-43-20 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

These are the deities of Jagannatha, Baladeva, and Subhadra which were manifest from the heart of Lord Nitai Himself.

[GALLERY=media, 7313]Photo_2016-02-21_03-37-33 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is Lord Bankaraya (called so, because of his tribhanga stance, and "raya" means Radharani". Bankaraya was Nitai's younger brother and is non-different from Sri Krsna. To one side of Sri Banka Raya is Radharani and on the other side is Jahnava Maa (who is the wife and energy of Lord Nitai). It was into this deity that Lord Nityananda Prabhu disappeared into at the end of His pastimes on this earth. Unable to bear His seperation, Jahnava and Vasudha (His two wives) also disappeared into the deity of Banka Raya, so this deity is very special for us.

[GALLERY=media, 7321]Photo_2016-02-21_03-45-21 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

This is the deity of Patal Shiva who is the "watchman" of Ekachakra Dhama. Without worshiping Shivaji, one cannot get see Ekachakra Dhama. When Lord Shiva is pleased, then he orders his wife, Durga devi to remove the material covering over the dhama so we can see its spiritual nature.

[GALLERY=media, 7314]Photo_2016-02-21_03-38-57 by निताइ dasa posted Feb 21, 2016 at 3:56 AM[/GALLERY]

And here you can finally see my Gurudeva sitting with his harmonium explaining the meaning of the syllables of Nitai's name in front of his kutir. Two nights ago, my Gurudeva and the Nitai Bhaktas sang a very very ecstatic rendition of Nitai Chalisa in the Nitai hut. By Nitai's mercy that bhajan was recorded by Hemgauranga das Prabhuji, and so I am sharing it here. I could listen to it again and again :) perhaps @ratikala mataji will like it (though it is in Hindi only sorry mataji). I love the part at 19.30 it always make me smile!

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fshodaimesenju%2Fnitaipresthiji-katha
Again wishing everyone a happy Nityananda Trayodashi. I will pray to Lord Nitai to strengthen all your faith, so you may progress rapidly in your spiritual paths. Joy Nitai!
I love your dedication :)......I am a lazy fool who first thought of getting up at 4am in the dhanurmAsam time but never was able to accomplish that and ended up waking at 9 or 10 am everyday of auspicious month .....Props to you