• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gather Your Armies!!

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Are there actually any honest politicians around anymore?
I am convinced that our entire political system is geared to make sure that honest people and especially those with any real leadership potential are removed from the election process as soon as they are discovered, preferably well before their names get near a ballot.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
And how is this different than all the people who voted for Obama?

What do you mean how is it different? It's different in that Obama isn't a moron pandering to a bunch of morons. You might not like his style or his decision (Lord knows I don't like some of his decisions), but he's not just selling people a bunch of talking points that ignore facts and reality.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What do you mean how is it different? It's different in that Obama isn't a moron pandering to a bunch of morons.

I'm sorry, but a bunch of first time voters in the last election pulled the lever for Obama for no other reason than they wanted the first black president. How moronic is that?

To tell you the truth, neither side is very intelligent.

Your problem is, you think anyone who disagrees with you is stupid, like there could only be one intelligent choice of options in our diverse nation.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
...anyone who disagrees with you is stupid, like there could only be one intelligent choice of options in our diverse nation.
*nods* Regarding political opinions in general, I hate this attitude. It doesn't matter who you choose, you'll be called an idiot by the opposition. It's very discouraging and does nothing to improve things. I've recently been on the receiving end of this kind of belittling, bully-like behavior. Instead of encouraging me to think about the other point of view, all it does is create hard feelings.

I don't think people who voted for McCain and Palin are stupid (in fact, in some cases, I know they aren't). I'm sure the reasons are many, and they are just as entitled as I am to make their choices.

I might come across as Pollyannaish, but I like to approach everyone with respect and kindness, and I believe most people deserve way more credit than they are given.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm sorry, but a bunch of first time voters in the last election pulled the lever for Obama for no other reason than they wanted the first black president. How moronic is that?

Actually, the moronic thing is to think that they voted for him just because they wanted the first black president.

To tell you the truth, neither side is very intelligent.

I'm not saying democrats are brilliant, but this commercial is an example of the worst the republicans have to offer. Catering to Tea Partiers is just a stupid way to go.

Your problem is, you think anyone who disagrees with you is stupid,

Your problem is you assume too much. Let's review. I said this commercial was stupid because it pandered to a bunch of idiots. That doesn't mean anyone who disagrees with me is stupid. It means the people who actually buy into BS like this commercial are stupid.

like there could only be one intelligent choice of options in our diverse nation.

When did I say that? When did I say anything close to that? Maybe you should stick to facts here, Rick.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Here is a fact, BP does not have the capacity to hold all the oil they are recovering. You know what they are going to do with it all? Burn it! :facepalm:

If GWB was still President, we would be seeing all kinds of movie stars on the gulf giving talking points and scooping up birds to clean with dish washing liquid.

Not a peep from these folks, I guess they are happy with the governments response to this crisis. :rolleyes:

Barack is turning away help from other countries who have had experience with oil spills, how arrogant!

Why is the EPA not having a fit about the oil burn idea?

Where are all the protesters? They are quiet about this. Why? Because this is Barack's problem, not GWB.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
If GWB was still President, we would be seeing all kinds of movie stars on the gulf giving talking points and scooping up birds to clean with dish washing liquid.

What gives you that idea?

Not a peep from these folks, I guess they are happy with the governments response to this crisis. :rolleyes:

No, I guess it's because the situation is what it is. It's not Katrina or Haiti where fundraisers are needed.

Barack is turning away help from other countries who have had experience with oil spills, how arrogant!

Source? I hope you mean other than their idea to nuke it.

I don't know. Why should they have a fit?

Where are all the protesters? They are quiet about this. Why? Because this is Barack's problem, not GWB.

Yeah, that's it. And they're concealing all kinds of alien secrets in Area 51, too, right? :rolleyes:

A

angellous_evangellous

Here is a fact, BP does not have the capacity to hold all the oil they are recovering. You know what they are going to do with it all? Burn it! :facepalm:

Do you really believe all this stuff?:facepalm:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
This Tea Bag Party is insane, I'm convinced. They're the absolute nuttiest of the nuttiest right wingers, and they need to be stopped before they actually get some political footing.

A

angellous_evangellous

This Tea Bag Party is insane, I'm convinced. They're the absolute nuttiest of the nuttiest right wingers, and they need to be stopped before they actually get some political footing.

haha

They are already Palin's swing.