• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Galatians 5:9, false teachings?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Galatians 5:9

False teachings, whether nefariously introduced, or not?

I think so.

@savagewind
I agree! It is why it is written that those who teach will have a more stricter judgment.James 3:1

A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough is similar to bad associations spoil useful habits.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is why it is also written that we are not to put our trust in people [who teach] but in The Lord and why it is written that we are to turn away from bad and seek peace.

The problem of what to believe of what is called God's Word and what to reject is similar to the problem of what is a lie. Some people say that a lie is only a lie if the person who shares something which is not the truth knows it isn't true. I don't agree with that.

The Bible is a teacher. That is a fact. Did God let error be taught like I believe happened? Is there benefitting from knowing it? I think so! The benefit of knowing that people in the past have added their own meaning to the Bible is so that anyone seeking The Truth will seek God for it.

Is there anyone who believes the Bible IS GOD? I don't think so. Then every time you go to the Bible to be taught you aren't also with God to be taught. YOU are using the Bible. From my point of view, GOD is using the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16

3 John 1:11

djhwoodwerks

I know this is an old thread, but, I can't help myself! :D:D

It is why it is also written that we are not to put our trust in people [who teach]

Where does the Bible tell us "not to trust in people who teach"?

The Bible is a teacher. That is a fact.

Who's fact is that? Where would I find that in the Bible?

Did God let error be taught like I believe happened?

Psalms 12:6-7 (ASV) 6 The words of Jehovah are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times. 7 Thou wilt keep them, O Jehovah, Thou wilt preserve them from this generation for ever.

This is why the Bible ISN'T a teacher!

From my point of view, GOD is using the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16

Wait a minute, God is using the tainted Bible that we use? If God is using it, how can there be any error?

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV Strong's) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

How can that be? If the Bible has many errors in it as you claim? :shrug:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where does the Bible tell us "not to trust in people who teach"?
Who teach is in parenthesis because the Bible doesn't say that.
The Bible says do not put your trust in people..................................................and...................................it is a fact.................................that...........................................people teach.

OK? Psalms 146:3 and there are others. Should I look them up for you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psalms 12:6-7 (ASV) 6 The words of Jehovah are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times. 7 Thou wilt keep them, O Jehovah, Thou wilt preserve them from this generation for ever.
I don't think Psalms 12:6 says "words". It might have been written "Word". God's Word is the way, the truth, and the life and it is pure and is preserved forever. Not each word, for goodness sake!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The mistakes in the Bible show me who not to trust. I don't trust anyone who leans on the mistakes to believe in them.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
that passage teaches that even a little corruption in part, makes for corruption on the whole. meaning either a person is either good or evil, their is no grey area.

djhwoodwerks

Haha. Does God use the prophets to teach? Were they perfect, according to you?

How did the prophets get in on this? You said, "God is using the Bible"!

A person can learn from mistakes; their own and even other people's.

What I mean is, the Bible says,

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV Strong's) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness...

Now, I know that the writer was talking about the OT, because that's all they had, but I consider it a fact of the NT also. So, if that verse is true, and I believe it to be, how can there be any errors?

I don't think Psalms 12:6 says "words". It might have been written "Word". God's Word is the way, the truth, and the life and it is pure and is preserved forever. Not each word, for goodness sake!

o_O What? "God's WORD is the way, truth and life? I thought Jesus said He was?

Oh, so now, WORDS don't mean actual words, it means the way, truth and life?

Are you saying that nobody was ever taught by it? You would be wrong.

Something that teaches is a teacher for your information.

I see, so if I get a book on history from the library and read it, the BOOK is my teacher and is teaching me?

If the Bible is such a great teacher, why are there so many different interpretations and religions? How can something with so many errors be a good teacher? If you were in school and the teacher was teaching everything wrong, would you keep going to learn from him/her?

The mistakes in the Bible show me who not to trust. I don't trust anyone who leans on the mistakes to believe in them.

But you trust yourself to find the errors? :eek:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I mean is, the Bible says,

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV Strong's) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness...
I believe 2 Timothy 3:16, but please notice that it does not say every word in it is inspired, but that the whole collection is inspired. The difference is whether you will chew on every word or if you will learn the whole picture and meditate on it. I learned the whole picture.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you were in school and the teacher was teaching everything wrong, would you keep going to learn from him/her?
Of course you would! You would learn that her class isn't the right place to be. You would learn that there is something wrong with the person who placed her there. You would learn that if you had children, you would certainly be more interested in her teachers. You would learn not to give your children to someone to be taught by them without prejudice. You would learn better how to day-dream. There's probably more, but it's getting dark.

djhwoodwerks

I believe 2 Timothy 3:16, but please notice that it does not say every word in it is inspired, but that the whole collection is inspired. The difference is whether you will chew on every word or if you will learn the whole picture and meditate on it. I learned the whole picture.

What!? :eek:

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV Strong's) 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Your understanding is, because it says, "ALL" scripture and not, 'EVERY' word, that means ALL scripture is not inspired?

If you were in school and the teacher was teaching everything wrong, would you keep going to learn from him/her?

Of course you would! You would learn that her class isn't the right place to be. You would learn that there is something wrong with the person who placed her there. You would learn that if you had children, you would certainly be more interested in her teachers. You would learn not to give your children to someone to be taught by them without prejudice. You would learn better how to day-dream. There's probably more, but it's getting dark.

WOW!

If you went to a class, and you knew the teacher was teaching everything wrong, "you would keep going" so you would learn that that class isn't the right place to be? :eek:

You would keep going so you would learn there's something wrong with that person? :shrug:

You would keep going to learn how to day dream better? :facepalm:

I do not know that I have ever trusted myself.

Then how did you decipher the errors you've already found?

Maybe like this,

I don't think Psalms 12:6 says "words". It might have been written "Word".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What!? :eek:

Your understanding is, because it says, "ALL" scripture and not, 'EVERY' word, that means ALL scripture is not inspired?

WOW!

If you went to a class, and you knew the teacher was teaching everything wrong, "you would keep going" so you would learn that that class isn't the right place to be? :eek:

You would keep going so you would learn there's something wrong with that person? :shrug:

You would keep going to learn how to day dream better? :facepalm:

Then how did you decipher the errors you've already found?

Maybe like this,
I am beginning to think that you are playing games.
It is the LAW to go to school.
If you were asking about college your scenario would not work. Would it?
I know about a child who had a terrible time with a teacher. It turned out that the teacher had brain cancer. She was a nut! Should the children not have gone to her class?

Look at an oil painting that a master painted. It is amazing! But, walk right up to it. It doesn't look like anything but brush strokes. Are all the strokes perfect? Of course not! Each stroke is personal. All together they make up THE WHOLE. or ALL.

The first error I didn't decipher. It's right there in front of you! After that, I put all my trust in The Helper. I am sure that some of my interpretations are not cultivated yet, but I KNOW that it is not written that we are to make disciples. And, The Spirit and I talk about that.