• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfillment of Prophecy in the New Testament

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I've noticed without Talmud a lot of stuff in the Tanakh seems 'off' and Christians have a hard time making sense of it, especially in modern times. I think that's a lot of the reason many leave the faith. Without context and understanding of Hebrew it makes a lot less sense.
Yes, true. Faulty Jewish education, unfortunately. The less religious you are, the less truth you hold to be in extra-Tanachic sources, too. Then you wind up putting it all down to spelling mistakes and dumb pagan rabbis making up history.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Let's see...
Hebrew Christians
Scientology
Moonies
Hare Krishnas
SDA
Church of Bible Understanding
Divine Light Mission

That's just from chapter list. He may have mentioned others along the way.

Note: He also dedicates several chapters to intermarriage.

I know that Scientology, Moonies, Hare Krishnas and SDA still exist. I have heard of the last two groups but don't know much about them. Hebrew Christians seems like a common term. The SDA are still in full force but aren't remotely as bad as the rest. The JW's probably aren't on there because they are so insular that it is only recently that people started considering them a cult.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Took me awhile to figure out what this was...
Combination of Concubine and porcupine...I thought it was a reference to that cactus God grew for Jonah...
My mind went to concubine but of course it did. I wasn't raised like you :D

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I know that Scientology, Moonies, Hare Krishnas and SDA still exist. I have heard of the last two groups but don't know much about them. Hebrew Christians seems like a common term. The SDA are still in full force but aren't remotely as bad as the rest. The JW's probably aren't on there because they are so insular that it is only recently that people started considering them a cult.
HCs evolved into Jews for Jesus, but I don't know if HCs themselves are still around.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Took me awhile to figure out what this was...
Combination of Concubine and porcupine...I thought it was a reference to that cactus God grew for Jonah...

HAHAHAH!!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

My bad!!! I saw the red underline but I gave up because spell check didn't give me any options.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The JW's probably aren't on there because they are so insular that it is only recently that people started considering them a cult.
Yeah, it's not such a new book. 1st edition is from 1985, revised 2nd edition is from 2013.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Israel Khan, yes I agree, the concubine story is a big mystery. But there are answers out there.
It is interesting though. I think a thread in invite only debates could work, then we could limit it to Israel Kahn and other Jews and me.

But not you Harel because you're a fake Jew.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
@Israel Khan, yes I agree, the concubine story is a big mystery. But there are answers out there.

To me Judges seems to be a book about how depraved the Israelites were at the time. So I always think that even though I thought cutting up a dead person and posting it was a weird thing to do, in my mind they didn't know any better.