• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfillment of Prophecy in the New Testament

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
We are now awaiting @Rival 's breakdown of Paul. (I suspect that I will be Paul's lawyer in this thread).
I don't think there are any lawyers in Judaism (take that, Polish mothers!)

Paul should get up from his grave and defend himself, or else leave it to the judges.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Ah. Wasn't quite sure what I was seeing.

Yep. That is what is called spiritual healing. Some also believe that they must speak in tongues of angels, so they talk gibberish and say that it is a gift of the Holy Spirit, which they believe out of emotion. It is actually pretty sad.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep. That is what is called spiritual healing. Some also believe that they must speak in tongues of angels, so they talk gibberish and say that it is a gift of the Holy Spirit, which they believe out of emotion. It is actually pretty sad.
Sounds very cultish.
I have a book at home called "Confessions of a Jewish Cultbuster" - lots of info on this stuff.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Even when I was a Christian I disliked Paul. In Church you stand when the gospel is read but not Paul; I always liked that.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Sounds very cultish.
I have a book at home called "Confessions of a Jewish Cultbuster" - lots of info on this stuff.
It is cultish and you know how I feel about cults.

The book sounds very interesting. I will add that to my cult book collection, because I actually study cult stuff.

There is a guy I follow and whose books have helped me a lot, Steve Hassan, who was a Jew who got indoctrinated into the Moonies, and then left. Now he is a well known cult expert who helps others. His work has helped me a lot when I left my former group.

Cult Expert Steven Hassan's Freedom of Mind Resource Center

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I will add that to my cult book collection
It's by Rabbi Shea Hecht of Chabad, the cultbuster himself. A lot of stories, which he uses to demonstrate his points. Not living for years now anymore in the US, I have no idea how popular the cults he's talking about still are, but it's still fascinating stuff.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Even when I was a Christian I disliked Paul. In Church you stand when the gospel is read but not Paul; I always liked that.

You stood when the gospel was read?

Ironically, Paul was the guy I actually liked (still do) because his books were thought provoking.

My gripe was with the book of Judges. I really don't like Samson and the others.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You stood when the gospel was read?

Ironically, Paul was the guy I actually liked (still do) because his books were thought provoking.

My gripe was with the book of Judges. I really don't like Samson and the others.
Yes, in Anglican churches you stand at the gospel reading. I disliked Paul because of al his anti-Jewish nonsense and his anti-Torah stance. He struck me as arrogant. But then, I was always more into Jewish stuff. I decided by 10 I was 'Jewish'.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
It's by Rabbi Shea Hecht of Chabad, the cultbuster himself. A lot of stories, which he uses to demonstrate his points. Not living for years now anymore in the US, I have no idea how popular the cults he's talking about still are, but it's still fascinating stuff.

What cults was he referring to?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I have nothing more to say to you. :mad: Talk to the hand...:hand:

I love Judges. I love doing research into Judges. I love putting all the pieces together about their stories...Talmud and midrashim have a wealth of background info...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

I love Judges. I love doing research into Judges. I love putting all the pieces together about their stories...Talmud and midrashim have a wealth of background info...
I've noticed without Talmud a lot of stuff in the Tanakh seems 'off' and Christians have a hard time making sense of it, especially in modern times. I think that's a lot of the reason many leave the faith. Without context and understanding of Hebrew it makes a lot less sense.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What cults was he referring to?
Let's see...
Hebrew Christians
Scientology
Moonies
Hare Krishnas
SDA
Church of Bible Understanding
Divine Light Mission

That's just from chapter list. He may have mentioned others along the way.

Note: He also dedicates several chapters to intermarriage.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Yes, in Anglican churches you stand at the gospel reading. I disliked Paul because of al his anti-Jewish nonsense and his anti-Torah stance. He struck me as arrogant. But then, I was always more into Jewish stuff. I decided by 10 I was 'Jewish'.

I think that standing also happens in the Catholic church, but one sits, stands and kneels so often in a service that I cannot remember.

Mine was purely an intellectual interest in him because I liked the types and shadows, being a creative person myself. My favourite books are Ezekiel and the Revelation, because of there creativity.

I didn't get that impression of Paul, but maybe that is because we were influenced by different groups.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

The book of Judges is interesting but I develop a real dislike for certain characters and the goriness. It is the book I bring up with Christians when they say I shouldn't be watching violent movies or playing violent video games.

I would be interested in how Jewish writings could clear that stuff up.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I've noticed without Talmud a lot of stuff in the Tanakh seems 'off' and Christians have a hard time making sense of it, especially in modern times. I think that's a lot of the reason many leave the faith. Without context and understanding of Hebrew it makes a lot less sense.

Even the violent stuff?

I am actually very interested why the Conquepine had to be cut into pieces and then sent off to the tribe.