• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From A Philosophical Standpoint: How Do you See the World ?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I see the world as a place with unimaginable potential that currently needs a psychiatrist to straighten it out...that or an AA meeting

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
our environments,backgrounds,schools,parents all have something to do with how we live our lives right now

how i see it depends on how i feel that day

how about you
To me there is a larger more significant continuum. My background, what I study, my profession, what I do in my spare time, my traveling, all relate and connect to each other in a larger scheme with long term goals, mountains to conquer, and plenty of self discovery to be made. I don't live for a single day, I don't even plan to limit myself for a life time, I recognize that some of the actions I've made are going to echo outside my life's personal sphere. And I still aim to achieve more than that.

Some people were taught to take from world religions one major thing. It could be their savior, prophet, heroes and kings of the olden days, the gods of their pantheon. I see the world differently, I see it almost in a Shakespearean sense. I have a part to play, and I determine the extent and complexity of this part. If the gods existed, they would not get my worship, but most likely my challenges. I would not accept that everything is in the hands of the gods, but that mortal men can complicate the schemes and interests of the gods while pursuing their own goals.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
our environments,backgrounds,schools,parents all have something to do with how we live our lives right now

how i see it depends on how i feel that day

how about you
Mood does play a part, but at the same time I recogize that my thoughts and ideas affect my mood and subtly alter my perception or experience. Overall, my brain is definitely wired differently than most. It's like the entire universe is here to amuse me - as I am so often given to laughing or making funny remarks. I guess it's part of living a life that does not recognize sin or evil as being existent realities.