• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News Satire Show

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
It's funny.....like maggots on a dead body are funny.

Actually, I was amused by one thing. I never realized that Rush looks and sounds so much like Neelix from Star Trek: Voyager. Only....without the whole sweet, caring and loving bit. Maybe it was just the quality of the video.

Personally, I agree with the "stupid little toy". I hope this show goes over like Steven Colbert at the White House.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Radio Frequency X said:
lol I figured liberals couldn't stomach it. All about the dishing it out and not at all capable of getting it back. :)

If you want to serve us something of the same quality as the Daily Show, go ahead - but don't pass us dishes I wouldn't feed a dog and lament our not eating them. ;)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Radio Frequency X said:
lol I figured liberals couldn't stomach it. All about the dishing it out and not at all capable of getting it back. :)

It's not that liberals can't take a joke....it's just that we understand what comedy is; Ann Coulter trying to make fun of herself by repeating the words that made everyone hate her isn't comedy, it's just...sad.

Maybe Fox should stick to what it's good at - drama and reality televison.

But, it really is like the Daily Show without the humor. Problem is, the thing that makes The Daily Show a good show is the humor. Take that out, and you're left with....nothing that has any value whatsoever.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
The reason why the Daily Show is so successful, is because unlike liberals, conservatives can laugh at themselves. So lots of conservatives watch and enjoy liberal comedians. Liberals can't laugh at themselves and they can't seem to take a joke.

However, it is unfair to judge a show by its first show in its first season, up against the Daily Show, which has been on forever, and had a lot of growing to do before it became successful.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Radio Frequency X said:
However, it is unfair to judge a show by its first show in its first season, up against the Daily Show, which has been on forever, and had a lot of growing to do before it became successful.

Oh well, we could use Fox logic and do a special about whether or not the hosts smoke. :)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Radio Frequency X said:
The reason why the Daily Show is so successful, is because unlike liberals, conservatives can laugh at themselves. So lots of conservatives watch and enjoy liberal comedians. Liberals can't laugh at themselves and they can't seem to take a joke.

I didn't say "it's just like the Daily Show, but without the funny", you did. How is a conservative comedy/faux news show supposed to be funny if it's...not funny..?

Just because I personally don't think Ann Coulter saying offensive things is funny, that means that liberals in general can't take a joke? Besides, who said I was a liberal?

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
My point is, that it is my experience that liberals can't take a joke. Anything that contradicts liberalism is "offensive", whereas anything that bashes conservativism is "funny". Personally, I don't find humor/satire to be offensive. However, I think this show will do well, because it will give conservatives a more relaxing venue for political satire. I'm sure liberals will be offended and it won't do as well as the Daily Show - but that's my point. Its much, much harder to offend conservatives and libertarians. Liberals tend to be in a constant state of offendedness - which is where the PC Culture came from in the first place. It is of course, always PC (and humorous it seems) to bash conservatives and Republicans with all the bitterness one can muster.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I never said I thought the show was offensive. I just said it wasn't very funny. Just like I don't think Emo Phillips or Howard Stern are very funny.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
MaddLlama said:
I never said I thought the show was offensive. I just said it wasn't very funny. Just like I don't think Emo Phillips or Howard Stern are very funny.

You said Coulter was offensive. But, she introduced the show. lol, I don't care if you like it or not. :) I don't mean this to be a thing. I was expecting the attitude I received from the OP. However, I do hope conservatives will check it out and give it a chance. It's nice to have both liberal and conservative bias on television.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Radio Frequency X said:

I'm not a liberal, RFX, and it's not funny. I smiled at the bit about "watch this programme or we'll invade your country and convert you to Christianity" but other than that...it's a good thing they use a laugh track so I know when to laugh.

Comedy requires timing. These two are not comedians.

And there's something about Rush making a comment about Pelosi being on her meds that is decidedly NOT funny -- coming from him.

What's missing is the lightheartedness of real humour.

The stupid little toy is pedantic and repetitive and not funny either, but he's right -- not everyone's a comic.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Radio Frequency X said:
This is absolutely hysterical. For all of you that either love or hate Rush and Coulter, just it out.

Here is what the Fox News Show looks like.

It is like the Daily Show, but without all the funny. Still, its good stuff. And here is what a stupid little toy has to say about it.
It took me awhile to get the Rush thing. I don't pay any attention to Rush so was unsure what he looked like. Anne Coulter I do know and burst out laughing when she came in as the VP, lol. That IS rich and quite amusing as it is quite implausible, therefore it is QUITE funny. Yes, you can laugh. "Raphael". Muahahaha.

Oh, I disagree over so-called liberals not having a sense of humor. Heck many of them would like to see Al Gore strutting about the White House. If that isn't hysterical, I don't know what is.

Aside from this, I do not watch FauxPas News. In fact, I don't watch Faux's Network at all, Legend has it though that Nancy Drew and "Me Too" Crew are drafting legislation to outlaw Faux News by making it a major felony offense just to tune in.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Radio Frequency X said:
My point is, that it is my experience that liberals can't take a joke. Anything that contradicts liberalism is "offensive", whereas anything that bashes conservativism is "funny". Personally, I don't find humor/satire to be offensive. However, I think this show will do well, because it will give conservatives a more relaxing venue for political satire. I'm sure liberals will be offended and it won't do as well as the Daily Show - but that's my point. Its much, much harder to offend conservatives and libertarians. Liberals tend to be in a constant state of offendedness - which is where the PC Culture came from in the first place. It is of course, always PC (and humorous it seems) to bash conservatives and Republicans with all the bitterness one can muster.

It's much harder to offend conservatives? Have you ever listened to a conservative bimbo talk show host in all your life? You don't think O'Reilly is easily offended? You don't believe Rush is easily offended? You don't think Coulter is easily offended? The list of easily offended conservatives could go on forever.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Sunstone said:
It's much harder to offend conservatives? Have you ever listened to a conservative bimbo talk show host in all your life? You don't think O'Reilly is easily offended? You don't believe Rush is easily offended? You don't think Coulter is easily offended? The list of easily offended conservatives could go on forever.

I listen to them all the time and I find that they are rarely offended. (not sure about Coulter, she isn't on the radio) but certainly Rush and O'Reilly aren't easily offended, (if its even possible). The only popular Republican mediahead who runs around offended all day is Hannity. Its not just media. My conservative friends are rarely offended, while my liberal friends are offended by something all the time. I just figured being offended by things was a part of being liberal. lol Who knows?

But its ok. Since all we are talking about is sense of humor and media entertainment, there is no reason for people to take it seriously. It's just television. I just found it funny how liberals can't handle humor if its aimed at them is all. The hatred the left feels for everyone that disagrees with them is the most probable reason why they don't get contrary humor. But its just a difference between groups.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
You're missing something very important - the clip isn't not funny because it's poking fun at liberals, or poking fun at conservatives, it's not funny because the writing isn't funny, and Rush and Coulter aren't comedians.
Nobody here, including myself, ever said that the show or the clip was offensive. I'm certainly not offended by it. To clarify what I said about Coulter - to come out on television and repeat, out of context, a statment you said that offended and angered a ton of people, isn't comedy. And, I know next to nothing about Rush, other than the fact that he's got a radio show, and he still isn't funny. And, I also never said I was a liberal (I'm not, just so you know).
The show isn't offensive, it just lacks the elements that make comedy television. :sleep:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Radio Frequency X said:
I listen to them all the time and I find that they are rarely offended.
If O'Reilly isn't easily offended, why is his show little more than personal rants?

My conservative friends are rarely offended, while my liberal friends are offended by something all the time. I just figured being offended by things was a part of being liberal. lol Who knows?
I see people taking offense from everywhere on the political spectrum, and the further someone is to either extreme, the more likely they are to be offended.

I just found it funny how liberals can't handle humor if its aimed at them is all.
*sigh* I'm not a liberal, RFX.

And actually, Stewart does poke fun at the "liberal" media all the time. He may be a liberal personally, but he's even more of a media critic.

edit: What Maddllama said.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
LOL you guys are the most sensitive bunch I've ever run into. It's just a conservative comedy talk show. Don't feel so pressed to defend yourselves. I doubt it will take away the audience of the Daily Show. I, for one, won't stop watching it. Look, what I found hysterical was the liberal reaction. I wasn't defending the show itself. It'll be years before something like this can reach the standards of the Daily Show. I just find it funny that liberals can't take a joke. There is no need to make such a big deal out of it. :)