• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News Satire Show

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Flappycat said:
This doesn't keep you from being a liberal, though. Giuliani, for example, could possibly be counted as a liberal. He doesn't support progressive liberalism, but he tends to strike me as a liberal politician at heart.

I'm as socially liberal as you can get. I'm an environmentalist. I believe in easing restrictions on immigration (though, still sealing up the border), and I'm against things like corporate welfare and infringements on our civil liberties. So, I'm usually surprised that I'm labeled a conservative. It's on economic issues that I differ so completely, maybe even radically, from Democrats. I'm also against entitlement programs on principle, and from a practical point of view, seek to seem them limited and made more efficient.

Giuliani is who I'm supporting until I can tell if the Libertarians are going to run someone serious or not. Last election was an embarrassing joke. :(

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
It's nice that an Italian family name doesn't terrify American voters. In the Balkans, the first thing we think is "MAFIJA!" and those with Italians family names don't often do well in elections. It's actually a problematic prejudice, especially in Slovenia and Croatia where there are so many people with Italian names (not immigrants, families that have lived there for centuries - since the days of Venice versus Ragusa [Dubrovnik, Croatia]).

standing_alone

Djamila said:
It's nice that an Italian family name doesn't terrify American voters.

Nah, things that terrify voters here are things like tacky suits, bad hair, unattractive appearances, or showing enthusiasm in a campaign speech.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
standing_alone said:
Nah, things that terrify voters here are things like tacky suits, bad hair, unattractive appearances, or showing enthusiasm in a campaign speech.

Here we like charisma more than anything else. Our communist dictator, Josip Broz Tito, certainly had a lot of it.

Here he is shaking "hands" with a glorious Yugoslav woman.

35bcklf.jpg

Flappycat

Radio Frequency X said:
Giuliani is who I'm supporting until I can tell if the Libertarians are going to run someone serious or not.
Fine. You back Giuliani, and I'll respect him. I'll back Obama, and I'll hope for the same respect.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Flappycat said:
Fine. You back Giuliani, and I'll respect him. I'll back Obama, and I'll hope for the same respect.

I think Obama adequately represents your political positions and philosophy, so its not unreasonable to support him, especially during the primaries. I suppose I've just gotten stuck on the whole, who can win a national campaign thing.

Flappycat

Radio Frequency X said:
I think Obama adequately represents your political positions and philosophy, so its not unreasonable to support him, especially during the primaries. I suppose I've just gotten stuck on the whole, who can win a national campaign thing.
I'm telling ya, Hillary would go down in flames no matter whom she ran against. Just trust me on this. She may be widely considered a strong candidate, but she's also widely hated.

nutshell

As a conservative I can see it does not reach the level of comedy of The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. It's more like a bad SNL short.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
nutshell said:
As a conservative I can see it does not reach the level of comedy of The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. It's more like a bad SNL short.

Its a first episode. Show some perspective.

nutshell

Radio Frequency X said:
Its a first episode. Show some perspective.

That's true.

And just because I personally don't find it funny doesn't mean that thousands of others won't either. This show may turn out to have a strong audience.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
nutshell said:
That's true.

And just because I personally don't find it funny doesn't mean that thousands of others won't either. This show may turn out to have a strong audience.

If it improves, it will. If it doesn't improve, it'll be canceled. As excited I am about a conservative satire show, I'd much rather watch the daily show for laughs. But we'll see. I suspect it will improve with the proper funding. FOX employees many excellent comedy writers.

nutshell

Radio Frequency X said:
If it improves, it will. If it doesn't improve, it'll be canceled. As excited I am about a conservative satire show, I'd much rather watch the daily show for laughs. But we'll see. I suspect it will improve with the proper funding. FOX employees many excellent comedy writers.

Is this the show that was created by some writers/producers/creators of 24?