• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Those Who Are or Will Be Vaccinated: Which Vaccine Did/Will You Receive?

Which vaccine did/will you receive?

• Sputnik V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinovac/Sinopharm

• Covaxin

• Covishield (Indian-made AstraZeneca vaccine)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
For those here who are vaccinated or are planning to get vaccinated: which vaccine did/will you receive?

I'm waiting for my turn on the waiting list (which is quite long because I'm within a demographic of lowest priority for vaccination), but I'll receive either a Johnson & Johnson shot or an AstraZeneca/Sinopharm one depending on what they offer me. My country only has these three vaccines at the moment, so I know it'll be one of them.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Pfizer, Astra and Moderna are the choices here.
All eligible members of my family have had Pfizer. My wife and I are double-dosed, my eldest child single dosed and booked in for #2

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For those here who are vaccinated or are planning to get vaccinated: which vaccine did/will you receive?

I'm waiting for my turn on the waiting list (which is quite long because I'm within a demographic of lowest priority for vaccination), but I'll receive either a Johnson & Johnson shot or an AstraZeneca/Sinopharm one depending on what they offer me. My country only has these three vaccines at the moment, so I know it'll be one of them.
Only FDA approval. Pfizer.

Word of note...

If crossing borders, you might not be regarded as fully vaccinated if you mix brands.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I wonder how many of those who have not taken the shots by now ever will? What on Earth are they waiting for (at least in countries that have it)?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Word of note...

If crossing borders, you might not be regarded as fully vaccinated if you mix brands.

Travelers usually get booster shots depending on which country they're going to, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I welcome any and all protection from a vaccine.

Good luck with your shot! I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder how many of those who have not taken the shots by now ever will? What on Earth are they waiting for (at least in countries that have it)?

I don't know about other countries, but mine has had the shots since early 2021. However, certain demographics and subsets of the population (e.g., the elderly, healthcare workers, people with pre-existing conditions, etc.) have priority for vaccination, and since the rollout hasn't been the fastest and I'm in my 20s with no pre-existing conditions, I'm still on the waiting list.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I don't know about other countries, but mine has had the shots since early 2021. However, certain demographics and subsets of the population (e.g., the elderly, healthcare workers, people with pre-existing conditions, etc.) have priority for vaccination, and since the rollout hasn't been the fastest and I'm in my 20s with no pre-existing conditions, I'm still on the waiting list.

You are in in the middle east, yes?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

That varies from country to country. We are doing a lot of vaccinations per day where I live.
Over 40000 per day in my state.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Moderna 2x for me and Pfizer 2x for my hubby. He is eligible for a booster shot due to being high risk so he might be x3 by the end of the year.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Word of note...

A lot of people I know ended up having to mix brands.

Early on, AstraZeneca was widely available in Canada, so lots of people got it. But then Health Canada pulled its approval for AstraZeneca after many people had received their first shot.

(Edit: I got that wrong. I guess AstraZeneca didn't get pulled. It stayed available, but they recommended an mRNA vaccine for most of the people who got AZ for their first shot: Ontario Newsroom)

The decision they ended up making for these people was to use one of the mRNA vaccines for their second shot.

The US doesn't consider mixed vaccines to be fully vaccinated, so this situation is affecting some Canadians' ability to travel. The governments of the two countries are trying to negotiate something, but I don't believe anything is in place yet.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Have had two doses of Pfizer and likely to get a third one of such soon, although it wouldn't bother me too much if it was a different one.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Had two Oxford/AstraZeneca earlier in the year, expecting booster (probably Pfizer/BioNTech) in November sometime (6 months after 2nd dose).

pearl

We had the J&J which required only one shot, still waiting for a decision on a J&J booster.