• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat Earth, fact or fiction

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
OMG!
Flying horses do have to crap...
Especially if they are afraid of heights....
Hopefully those on the ground had umbrellas...
I remember about a thousand years ago on a television show called "Hollywood Squares," where they asked television stars to answer questions and the contestants had to guess if they were right or wrong, one very funny TV star by the name of Paul Lynd was asked: "Can you stuff a goose with prunes?"

And Lynd answered (to my delight): "Yes, but for God's sake don't let it fly!":p

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet a whale belly isn't dome shaped and the heart of the earth would be at the center of a sphere. I guess I threw a monkey wrench into his argument.
Or you didn't. Because the belly of a whale is in fact dome shaped and the heart of a flat circle is its radial center.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Science was brilliant at the time.
Can you make a flint axe, knife or arrow-head?
The Phoenicians traded with Cornwall for tin, to make bronze.
The pillars of the great temple were bronze, and how they managed that continuos pour of molten metal is just gobsmacking.etc etc . :D
Those sound like technology, not science. Science is an investigative modality.
Flat earth believe is the same as atheist theory. They both are like a rocket which fails to get off the ground because the engine is made of fantasies.
Atheist theory? What would an atheist have to theorize about?
How is atheism not a fantasy?
It's not a fantasy because it's not a belief. It's a lack of belief.
Eg: How is not believing in pink unicorns on the moon not a fantasy?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Metallurgy was obviously a fake profession - camp-fire fuel can't melt steel ingots. :D

Oh yeah!
Listen..... you!......... oldbadger has cursed and sweated to melt down a lity-bity piece of gold to make the littlest tiniest weeny ingot....... and used every gas combo that he could find, and all that he could reach was the hot brittle stage.

And all that time he wondered about those beautiful bronze axeheads that we still find around here, just occasionally.

:D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Those sound like technology, not science. Science is an investigative modality.............

Whoooaaaaaa!
Hold that horse, there....!
Scientific research produces knowledge that leads to production.
Much of our scientific research ACCIDENTALLY discovers facts not related to that individual target.

So if a stone-age bloke happened to discover a piece of mishaped metal after a forest fire, and though 'Ugg..... ummm.... me try that'. it's friggin' science!

Ug was a scientist. :D

And if you had been rude to him he would have eaten you (or somethin') after his spear thrower or sling had done it's work!

Fact or Fiction, did people ever believe the Earth was flat? Does the bible say it is?

Jesus said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

A belly is spherical and the heart lies at the center or core of something.

But a more metaphorical passage from Revelations describes the Angels standing at 4 corners of the Earth. But when someone says "Let the four winds blow" we get what it means.

Rev 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

That's about it though, flat earth is not given much thought in the bible. So why do people claim it does? Ignorance? Bliss?

THE EARTH IS A COLLOSAL 8 THOUSAND MILE DIAMETER ROUND HUGE BALL AND TO SAY IT IS FLAT IS JUST INSANE, INTRINSIC ENDOGENOUS FOOLISH INANE, IDIOTIC, MORONIC, IMBECILIC, ABSOLUTE STUPIDY, IDIOTIC RUBBISH AND GARBAGE, AND FALSE BELIEF OF COSMIC SIZE IMBECILIC STUPIDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONSENSICAL RUBBISH THAT EVEN AN EARTHWORM KNOWS IS FALSE, AND I AM BEING POLITE WITH THESE IDIOTS, WHO LET THEIR BRAIN FALL OUT OF THEIR HEADS AND BELIEVE THIS UTTER GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: