• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First True Picture of God, EVER !!!

David T

Premium Member
Youthful face and femine features? I don't see it.
popeye_2.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
LOL -- a mere scar.
Whaaaaaa! Just how do you think god developed without an umbilical cord? HUH? Explain that one.

Noses and lips are secondary sexual features; imitations of genitalia.
"Secondary sexual features' you say. Hmmmmm. I'll have to think about this one..........................ahhhh.............................. Nope.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Funny this picture is always how I imagined Minerva to be. Feminine but with a strong yet masculine aura. It is evident in my very avatar picture itself :D.

I guess I worship the one true god or goddess!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
God Has a Youthful Face With Feminine Features.

Is this what God looks like? Scientists produce an e-fit of a 'youthful and feminine' deity based on responses from hundreds of Christians

• Study was done by a team of psychologists at the University of North Carolina
  • They asked 511 American Christians to look at images of hundreds of face-pairs
  • They selected which face from each pair appeared more like their image of God
  • By combining the faces, the scientists could assemble a composite 'face of God'

At least that's according to a bizarre study by scientists in North Carolina who have created an 'e-fit' of God based on what American Christians think he looks like.

Far from being an old man with a beard, they found people's perceptions of God tend towards a deity that is young and less Caucasian that popular culture suggests.

.......GOD
4D27F71000000578-5834815-image-m-21_1528805946632.jpg

The top image shows a composite of 50 faces that represents the collective demographics
of the US population. Below are three of the 300 stimuli created by adding visual noise
to the base image which participants could use to customise their image of God
A team of psychologists at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill created the sketch with the help of 511 American Christians.

Participants in the study saw hundreds of randomly varying face-pairs and selected which face from each pair appeared more like how they imagined God to appear.

By combining all the selected faces, the researchers could assemble a composite 'face of God' that reflected how each person imagined God to appear.

Their results were both surprising and revealing.

From Michelangelo to Monty Python, Illustrations of God have nearly always shown him as an old and august white-bearded Caucasian man.

But the researchers found that many Christians saw God as younger, more feminine, and less Caucasian that popular culture suggests.
source

I always thought God looked like this:

f040340c88750ca5ef8cce0275be4bde.jpg

At least, that's what he looked like in the movie.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
How do you know?:D

Because God is unlike anything in this universe!

"Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted."

Surah 6:103

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like Him.” Holy Qur'an (112:1-4)

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Givin the demographics. A white woman would be pretty out of place.

Not so. Most racial grouping are "white". We have Negroid racial group from the African continent, Caucasoid from Europe and much of the Middle East (blending with Negroid for a olive complexion), Mongoloid (not to be confused with... well, anyway), and Australoid. Mix them together and you get Mariah Carey. She does look fairly white. Besides, the girl in question in the picture was kinda Eastern European/Turkish mix with darkish brown hair of some sort. Which is the point.

Though strictly speaking, God is clearly intersex, and passable as either gender with the makeup or beard prosthetics.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female created them.

Reread Genesis. It wasn't really a "rib" they took out of Adam. This is what's called a euphemism.

Was Adam a Hermaphrodite?

So, if we are to imagine a face for God while in human form (we aren't talking about the divine form of God which probably looks more like this), they would be squarely in the middle of everything.
So, short from lack of sex development (since boys and girls are roughly the same height and weight until just before 13, roughly the height/weight of a twelve year old, so about 4'10") young (forever!), ambiguous skin color (kinda tan), short mid-brown hair (probably by choice, the better to use wigs with), small breast growth (God has breasts but probably between A and B cup given the age analysis), and basically able to pass as any sort of person, given the right blend of makeup, prosthetics, and cosmis shapeshifting abilities. Oh yeah. Margaret Keane-style soulful eyes.

So basically like this girl. With a tan.

Female Images of God in the Bible | Women's Ordination Conference
(And there's plenty of male images)

Last edited:

outlawState

Deism is dead
Though strictly speaking, God is clearly intersex, and passable as either gender with the makeup or beard prosthetics.
God is spirit, and by denotation of his authority, he is analogous only to the male. (Sorry to put a spanner in the works although I can quite see that an idol god/goddess may well be female or animal.)

It's a symptom of the modern generation that they cannot distinguish between spirit and flesh, between idol and spiritual authority. I read that people's IQs have been diminishing over the last few decades, probably as a result of watching TV. I did not know that they had diminished to the extent of conceiving God as an animate form, until this "survey" came out.

Kirran

Premium Member
God is spirit, and by denotation of his authority, he is analogous only to the male. (Sorry to put a spanner in the works although I can quite see that an idol god/goddess may well be female or animal.)

It's a symptom of the modern generation that they cannot distinguish between spirit and flesh, between idol and spiritual authority. I read that people's IQs have been diminishing over the last few decades, probably as a result of watching TV. I did not know that they had diminished to the extent of conceiving God as an animate form, until this "survey" came out.

You think the authority of man over woman is divinely ordained?

Samantha Rinne

God is spirit, but God being all-powerful can most certainly take on a temporary human body. And usually does so to tell you "don't go down that mountain" or when your life is in danger and you're being stubborn. Usually, that stranger you just met who doesn't give their name is God. I actually got a name from God, she told me her name was Emily. She also appeared as Noah, a guy who jumpstarted my car when it was stranded at a rest stop.

The reason we call God a he, has to do with Hebrew language. I don't know much of Hebrew, but it is a very gendered language and there aren't a ton of gender-neutral words. We could call God "it" but that's dehumanizing, so since they had a male society, and God struck them as powerful, they saw God as male. But God is a they (Trinity), and I call God she. And yes, if you saw God's human form without any disguises, you'd be looking at a short intersex girl.

Rational Agnostic

Because God is unlike anything in this universe!

"Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted."

Surah 6:103

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like Him.” Holy Qur'an (112:1-4)

You said you weren't a Muslim, so why are you quoting the Qur'an as your proof of what god is like?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Below are three of the 300 stimuli created by adding visual noise
to the base image which participants could use to customise their image of God
so there was some guidance applied

not so much the sketch artist ......
did you get a good look at Him?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You said you weren't a Muslim, so why are you quoting the Qur'an as your proof of what god is like?

I think you missed the part when I said that although I’m not Muslim my theology and philosophy is based on Islamic philosophy due to my intense study of the philosophies of Averroes or also known as Ibn Rushd.

Not so. Most racial grouping are "white". We have Negroid racial group from the African continent, Caucasoid from Europe and much of the Middle East (blending with Negroid for a olive complexion), Mongoloid (not to be confused with... well, anyway), and Australoid. Mix them together and you get Mariah Carey. She does look fairly white. Besides, the girl in question in the picture was kinda Eastern European/Turkish mix with darkish brown hair of some sort. Which is the point.

Reread Genesis. It wasn't really a "rib" they took out of Adam. This is what's called a euphemism.

Was Adam a Hermaphrodite?

So, if we are to imagine a face for God while in human form (we aren't talking about the divine form of God which probably looks more like this), they would be squarely in the middle of everything.
So, short from lack of sex development (since boys and girls are roughly the same height and weight until just before 13, roughly the height/weight of a twelve year old, so about 4'10") young (forever!), ambiguous skin color (kinda tan), short mid-brown hair (probably by choice, the better to use wigs with), small breast growth (God has breasts but probably between A and B cup given the age analysis), and basically able to pass as any sort of person, given the right blend of makeup, prosthetics, and cosmis shapeshifting abilities. Oh yeah. Margaret Keane-style soulful eyes.

So basically like this girl. With a tan.

Female Images of God in the Bible | Women's Ordination Conference
(And there's plenty of male images)

God is not neither sex but beyond which is created

Samantha Rinne

Because he's a Muslim. And he probably lied to you.

"Religion:One that which the Creator made" sounds exactly like something a Muslim would say.

His depiction of God, in the post just now proves it. Describing God as someone completely neither and beyond everything, including understanding. Christians and Jews reject this take of God as false, clearly stating that man is in God's image (both physically, and spiritually), that God desires us to be co-creators (more on that here), and eventually Christianity likens this relationship to a marriage with the Church as Bride (more on this here). Hindus believe in numerous aspects (more on that here) with a God beyond that, and we use the aspects to be able to relate. Buddhists see universe as the Self (but don't claim to believe in gods), Shintos see the divine as part of everything.

Muslims are the only ones I know of that have an image of God completely divorced from humanity.

Rational Agnostic

I think you missed the part when I said that although I’m not Muslim my theology and philosophy is based on Islamic philosophy due to my intense study of the philosophies of Averroes or also known as Ibn Rushd.

God is not neither sex but beyond which is created

No, I saw that part. But if you're not a Muslim, you wouldn't view the Qur'an as being infallible and thus would not quote it as "proof" of what God's attributes are. At the very least, it seems to me that you believe the Qur'an contains infallible truth, which is obviously not the case. This is a book that claims semen is produced in a man's chest, so obviously it's far from factually accurate.