• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fictitious Friends

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How's this "fictitious"? It's practically a working definition of a cat. :rolleyes:
We also have a fleet of deer who love attacking
me trees & hostas. When I catch them, they
stare back at me, giving me the stink eye.
They're the "Deersie Weersies".
They task me! They task me! And I shall have them!

How many nerds here recognize this?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have an imaginary friend, but I wound up ending our friendship because he would always ignore me and play with the neighbor kid across the street.

Years later I caught him sleeping with my imaginary wife.

A really toxic person, that guy.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have an imaginary friend, but I wound up ending our friendship because he would always ignore me and play with the neighbor kid across the street.

Years later I caught him sleeping with my imaginary wife.

A really toxic person, that guy.

In my teens/early adulthood, I made up an imaginary twin brother for myself. Not wanting him to be lonely, I made up a friend for him, too.

I had fun coming up with all kinds of stories, scenarios, fake conversations we had. I'd fake being upset after imaginary fights, and joy and laughter when one had a good joke.

Apparently, I was pretty good at it. I remember overhearing some folks talking amongst themselves "what is it you think she talks to? You think she sees ghosts?" and when I confessed the whole thing was fabricated in my 20s, I had a friend who refused to believe it, asking if I was sure, and perhaps I really did have a ghost twin who had died(and this friend wasn't particularly the imaginative sort, so it came as a surprise, coming from her).

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
One of my stuffies tries constantly for world domination. Another is a drunk.

Some sit on my altar as priests. Some are dating each other and some are just friends. It gets complicated

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
When I was in eighth grade I had an imaginary girlfriend. You wouldn't know her, she went to school in Buffalo.

She broke up with me.

Today she is happily married to a werewolf and they live in Toronto. I am happy for them.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As a child i had a pet dragon called John. We went everywhere together, and on the bus people would stand to give him a seat. Things like that only served to confirm my delusion.