• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fictitious Friends

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who has fictitious friends, eg, stuffed animals that have
lives, invisible people you interact with, real animals who
taunt you, etc, etc?

This great story is about Birdly & friends...
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/754/spark-bird/act-three-24

We have a menagerie of penguins & walruses.
Some are stuffed, one is bamboo, some are plastic (it's fantastic).
They are all diverse individuals with rich lives. The one thing
they share is hatred of seals (which eat penguins).

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's interesting that the youngest kid in
the family with Birdly was really bothered
by the attention paid to Birdly.
"They're not real !!"

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a cat with fictitious pants.

"Lucky! We have company! Go put on some pants!"

Cat gives the one ear back look, while I apologize profusely to whomever has wandered in about him not being dressed properly.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Cat gives the one ear back look, while I apologize profusely to whomever has wandered in about him not being dressed properly.

I love it methinks I'm going to try that one

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had the stuffed monkey in my avatar for about 10 years now.

His backstory (notice I say "his" not "it's" :D ):

Years ago we had a chat room that quite a few RF members attended on a daily basis, me included.

In this chat room I had a running skit that I put on every day where I traded barbs with an imaginary talking monkey; Naykidape.

It was something in the order of the ventriloquist act. Anytime I wrote one of Naykid's lines I would post the monkey face emoticon the chat room had.

It was a big hit (in fact when I stopped going to the chat room people were heard to say how much they missed Naykidape). :D

One day I was walking by the free box that they had in the center of town in the little college town where I live, and there sitting on top of a pile of clothes was this little stuffed monkey whose face looked almost exactly like the face of the monkey emoticon.

So I grabbed him, named him Naykidape, and I've been carrying him around in my book bag ever since.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Our cats are both lawyers. (Long story.)
But they don't practice these days cuz
there are evil fingers & cat toys that must
be attacked. This, & the time spent plotting
against us leaves no time for legal work.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Our cats are both lawyers. (Long story.)
But they don't practice these days cuz
there are evil fingers & cat toys that must
be attacked. This, & the time spent plotting
against us leaves no time for legal work.

Yes, it would be hard to find time to do both...

download.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have a blue plastic toy tractor that my friend and I called the Drunken Tractor.

It caused all sorts of mischief, as a tractor with a drinking problem might be expected to do.

I carried that around in my backpack of 'important stuff' with me.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have a blue plastic toy tractor that my friend and I called the Drunken Tractor.

It caused all sorts of mischief, as a tractor with a drinking problem might be expected to do.

I shudder to think what would happen if Naykidape and Drunken Tractor ever got together.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Blue, eh....was it a New Holland or Ford?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Blue, eh....was it a New Holland or Ford?

Unfortunately, that's been lost to memory.

Drunken Tractor himself was lost to a 'surprise move' long ago. I lost most of my stuff then, and I haven't found another tractor as charismatic as that one.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I say "good morning" to my coffee maker, I talk to my car a lot, if I see my mirror image I will often compliment my looks and then I will pretend my mirror image will flirt back with me "Not as good looking as you, babe." "What are you talking about, you are me!"

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I say "good morning" to my coffee maker, I talk to my car a lot, if I see my mirror image I will often compliment my looks and then I will pretend my mirror image will flirt back with me "Not as good looking as you, babe." "What are you talking about, you are me!"

What's your car's name?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

One of our cats used to be rather troublesome when vet visits were required. One time the vet asked "Has he been playing you up again?" to which the reply was "Oh no, he's got his good boy pants on today." :)