• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fetishes

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Oh, so THAT's what a furry is... I heard about them on another forum site, I wasn't quite sure what they were (I was told that they were some sort of humanoid feline).

How can I tell when I'm feeling lust when I look at a picture of a beautiful Indian woman?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I dunno, I just find looking at pictures of beautiful Indian girls to be somehow relaxing or enjoyable... I'm not sure how to describe it...

Nanda

Polyanna
Either way, from a Christian standpoint, you probably shouldn't be doing it. I personally don't see it as harmful (in fact, seems perfectly healthy to me) but I'm not a Christian, so my thoughts on the matter don't really count.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
What about horny, 3.14?

Well, I hope a Christian responds soon... if this is a bad thing, I'll want to break it early....

"Lust" is when you devalue the person and view them solely as a sex object, right? Or is it something more/less than that?

Alceste

Vagabond
What about horny, 3.14?

Well, I hope a Christian responds soon... if this is a bad thing, I'll want to break it early....

"Lust" is when you devalue the person and view them solely as a sex object, right? Or is it something more/less than that?

Lust is sexual attraction. According to your religion, God doesn't want you feeling any sexual attraction for anybody except your wife, and then you should only feel it for long enough to procreate. He wants you to feel agape love, which is a kind of love that doesn't distinguish between Eugene Levy in a leisure suit and a hot Indian chick with her naked feet out for all to see (and touch). God will probably be OK with you looking at pictures of hot Indian girls, though, as long as you spend roughly the same amount of time (or preferably more) looking at pictures of lepers and ensure your feelings of love are the same for both.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
That... doesn't sound right o_O. God wants people to be able to appreciate beauty and erotic desire, I think (see Song of Solomon). Actually, sometimes I consider that it was women that led Solomon away from God, and thus the Song of Solomon might actually be a guide as to what NOT to do... just a thought...
In 1 Corinthians 7:5 it says "Do not deprive eachother except by mutal consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourself to prayer." In other words, husband and wife are supposed to enjoy having sex.

And, uh, you aren't Christian. Can I get a Christian who has something to say on this? You might be right but I'm not certain (and I sure hope not).

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just start a thread in the forums for Christianity, there's probably more Christians there.
Thanks for answering the questions guys.

Alceste

Vagabond
Sorry, Al, didn't realize this topic was for Christians only. Although I'm not a Christian, I am more-or-less repeating what another Christian told me just the other day on another thread. Good luck with it all, anyway. :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Relax. Simply finding Indian women hot and arousing is hardly cause for concern. Lust and desire are healthy and natural (as long as it doesn't turn into an obsession or cause you to behave irrationally and irresponsibly), while repressing libido is not. Doing so will likely cause problems down the road.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Well, I've got a thread on lust started in the appropriate section, the guys there seem pretty rational. Looking at pictures of beautiful women in and of itself isn't necessarily bad, but it might develop into something worse or be a sign of some kind of problem, or something like that.

Mr Cheese

That... doesn't sound right o_O. God wants people to be able to appreciate beauty and erotic desire, I think (see Song of Solomon). Actually, sometimes I consider that it was women that led Solomon away from God, and thus the Song of Solomon might actually be a guide as to what NOT to do... just a thought...
In 1 Corinthians 7:5 it says "Do not deprive eachother except by mutal consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourself to prayer." In other words, husband and wife are supposed to enjoy having sex.

And, uh, you aren't Christian. Can I get a Christian who has something to say on this? You might be right but I'm not certain (and I sure hope not).

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just start a thread in the forums for Christianity, there's probably more Christians there.
Thanks for answering the questions guys.

There are different types of love...

That which is spoken of in the song of solomon is mystical love

You see, one way of having a relationship with God is as if you are lovers.

We find this most obviously in Islam, where Islamic mystics refer to God as the beloved. In Judaism and Christianity the same occurs, the language is different.

There is a reason why Christ is referred to as a bridegroom...

Chuckii

Wanderer
So are my fetishes normal?

Well, I think that fetishes are normal. If it's something you enjoy and arouses you and others with you, then how is it a bad thing? (Unless it's something highly illegal, not even going to go to those areas!!)
I have several fetishes, and for me it makes sex even more pleasurable. But then again, everyone is different, what one person may think is a normal sexual act may be considered 'kinky' by others.
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for your quote. However, if you enjoy the things you do surely it shouldn't matter to you whether you think they are 'normal'?

Take care
:cool:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I'm pretty sure this thread died nearly a month ago XD. Please don't necropost D=.

Thanks for the advice though o_O.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Well, I'll start off by listing my fetishes and possibilities of how I got them.

Indian girls ...

Feet...
I don't think you have much to worry about in the fetish department. To be drawn to a certain ethnic group is very normal and feet are one of the most common fetishes around. :yes: