• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feminist only: how do you talk to misogynists online?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't, but many of them tend to be misogynists (google on the "red pill" community). I do think that there is a point to be made about areas in which men ARE oppressed. Most of this oppression comes from other males though, and MRAs place too much blame on women.
I don't care about the gender of those who'd infringe upon my rights.
Should it matter?
There are women who oppose abortion rights, just as there
are men who'd favor drafting only other men to die in war.
Both are wrong (IMO).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh okay, so some tend to take the platform and run with it as a way to marginalize women? I can see that being an issue. Thanks!
The best way to handle it is to consider the arguments & claims
an individual makes, & not judge by a label applied to one.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
This is in the feminist-only section

When confronted with troll-posting, misinformation, and attacks on women or feminism on other online forums, how do you react? Just let them take over the space? Patiently debunk? Flame in kind? Indeed have you found anything that combats "pick-up artist" and "MRA" and rape apologists? I'd be very happy to hear about it.
Finally, back to the OP. It depends if I know the individual on a personal level and also how long I have known them. For example, if a veteran member here started to make posts that I found to be inappropriate I would be more likely to talk to them to see whats going on. If they are someone I don't know or haven't have much interaction with? To the ignore list/block/walk away/whatever. Like @Quintessence mentioned, they don't need any more attention to their views.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nasty little wretches, this lot.
And we all know who started the movement....
cc4facf1d6c3ba5d3e0070dbd92b49ba.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is in the feminist-only section

When confronted with troll-posting, misinformation, and attacks on women or feminism on other online forums, how do you react? Just let them take over the space? Patiently debunk? Flame in kind? Indeed have you found anything that combats "pick-up artist" and "MRA" and rape apologists? I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Depending on the post i might, rarely, question the posters mother issues, ask why they are constantly rejected by women or mock the size of their manhood.

But more usually report the post and block the poster

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to charge into battle, as it were. Mostly out of an emotional reaction, but also boredom. I was critical of both sides, still am in some ways. Because I just question things in general.
But I have since "grown up" a little. Slowly but surely maturing to a point where I can playfully banter in the face of both blatant misogyny and misandry.