• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female nudity vs Male nudity

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Which one provokes more scandal? I mean in the media: TV, magazines etc...

you can speak ,obviously, of your cultural background.
second question:
- Which do you think it is more scandalous?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
ok....I start.

The woman body is considered a work of art...obviously as long as it deals with a body with very tiny waist, female hips and large breast.
It is not something related to eroticism. just aesthetics

Male body is considered something scandalous. First of all, because man's body is not considered beautiful. It is not, indeed, compared to the female one.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't think either are at all scandalous. You need to give some sort of context.

all right. In Italy, for example, portraying a completely naked man would be considered very scandalous. In films, tv shows, etc.
on the contrary, women have always been represented almost naked...or sometimes even naked. Because we think that kids don't mind watching a female body, but never a male one

this TV show was broadcast on a normal TV, at 9:00 pm
[youtube]uzHP54xjNrs[/youtube]

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
ok....I start.
Italy: female nudity has always been everywhere. In TV shows showgirls and dancers wear miniskirts (8 inches length), or more often daisy-dukes, and push-up tops.
'Morning Hay! :D
Your examples above are not nudity, mate.... ?:shrug:

The woman body is considered a work of art...obviously as long as it deals with a body with very tiny waist, female hips and large breast.
It is not something related to eroticism.
......... Ohhhhh..... in another thread you mentioned that all women with good hips, tiny waists and large breasts loved having lots of sex. It was your Nymphomania thread. So their pictures are just art, now? :D

Male body is considered something scandalous. First of all, because man's body is not considered beautiful. It is not, indeed, compared to the female one.
....so all those bronzes and marbles of males were a waste of effort? Michael Angelo got it wrong?

Hay....... We have laws about nakedness in public, but there's nothing wrong with our bodies. Evil be who evil thinks...? :shrug:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
....so all those bronzes and marbles of males were a waste of effort? Michael Angelo got it wrong?

well...most Italian men have a Pavarotti tummy...more or less. so I guess that the Riace bronzes do not represent males, in my country. besides men with statuesque body are considered gay

whereas almost all women have a tiny waist. so the women you see on TV are representative.

Skwim

Veteran Member
all right. In Italy, for example, portraying a completely naked man would be considered very scandalous. In films, tv shows, etc.
on the contrary, women are always have been represented almost naked...or sometimes even naked. Because we think that kids don't mind watch a female body, but they should never see a male one

this TV show was broadcast on a normal TV, at 9:00 pm
[youtube]uzHP54xjNrs[/youtube]
Yeah, Europe was spared the curse of puritanical Christian attitudes that still pervade the USA.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
well...most Italian men have a Pavarotti tummy...more or less. so I guess that the Riace bronzes do not represent males, in my country. besides men with statuesque body are considered gay
....... In the UK men are shown in magazines and papers all the time. I promise you that men with good muscle tone and fine figures are very popular. Who cares about what people like them? Such male figures are just popular.

whereas almost all women have a tiny waist. so the women you see on TV are representative.
I have known some Italian women...... they didn't have tiny waists! :D

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
....... In the UK men are shown in magazines and papers all the time. I promise you that men with good muscle tone and fine figures are very popular. Who cares about what people like them? Such male figures are just popular.

what about women? are their naked bodies popular in UK?
well...the Italian women would puke before a muscled thin man. The real man is supposed to have a visible tummy

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Hay

Sorry, but I can't see how either are scandalous today. Men tend to be objectified just as much as women in the media.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
ok....I start.
Italy: female nudity has always been everywhere. In TV shows showgirls and dancers wear miniskirts (8 inches length), or more often daisy-dukes, and push-up tops.

You're talking about different aspects of expression, here. Wearing something revealing isn't the same as being nude.

It is not something related to eroticism.

My problem with such portrayal here in America is that this body type comprises a percentage of the American population. There are many other, body types, which are also beautiful in their own right. Though, this body type is beautiful, it shouoldn't be portrayed in media as the standard for beauty or in a way which demeans or undermines the value and beauty of other body types.

In my own culture, I would construe this as being a double standard. The male form is also considered beautiful, but, media channels push the sexualization of the female form, which is unfortunate, to say the least.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My problem with such portrayal here in America is that this body type comprises a percentage of the American population. There are many other, body types, which are also beautiful in their own right.
Even those women with a visible belly?
It's almost like you forced me to say mean things

Though, this body type is beautiful, it shouoldn't be portrayed in media as the standard for beauty or in a way which demeans or undermines the value and beauty of other body types.

all right. I hope you are kidding...

In my own culture, I would construe this as being a double standard. The male form is also considered beautiful, but, media channels push the sexualization of the female form, which is unfortunate, to say the least.

That's because in your country, men are gorgeous, while the men of my country are ugly as carcasses.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
[/QUOTE]

And, no matter how enlightened we claim to be, size does matter.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Even those women with a visible belly?
It's almost like you forced me to say mean things

Yes. Even those with a visible belly have the right to consider themselves beautiful and others should be free to find beauty in their form. No woman should be made to feel inferior, substandard or ugly because society projects beauty in a particular way.

You're free to hold your opinion, but, your opinion shouldn't define beauty for all of society.

all right. I hope you are kidding...

Not kidding in the slightest. Beauty spans a diverse spectrum.

That's because in your country, men are gorgeous, while the men of my country are ugly as carcasses.

Your self esteem needs work?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Both the male and female body are beautiful in their own way. Men, for whatever reason, simply refuse to believe the fact that their own gender actually can possibly be attractive, why, I'll never understand.

Wirey

Fartist
I personally don't care. But if you saw me naked, you'd start sending me flowers and money, and frankly, I don't know if my marriage is up to that kind of pressure.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
ok....I start.

It is not something related to eroticism. just aesthetics

I don't really like my girls looking like big breasted genocide victims, actually.