• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

female deities

+Xausted

does the elavation of the female deity , in which ever religion , place women at a disadvantage since they can never be emmulated successfully....? (all women are either whores or saints kind of theory)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
does the elavation of the female deity , in which ever religion , place women at a disadvantage since they can never be emmulated successfully....? (all women are either whores or saints kind of theory)

Into days society it does seem that way mostly. I mean how would everyday people look at lets say the Goddess Aphrodite(Goddess of love, lust, and beauty).

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We call God "He" (most of us) but God isn't really a male or female. Adam was made the same way at first but God created Eve because he was lonely. ;)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Not at all. Elevating female deities to the same level of respect and honor as male deities I believe would further any sort of acknowledgement of often-deemed feminine qualities.

We live in a culture that places monetary and social value much more often on assertiveness, rationality, and leadership skills. In many ways - these are qualities that are more seen as sacred in religious AND in secular views. Should we ever decide as a whole to recognize the sacred and/or the secular value of intuition, wisdom, and (imo most importantly) the sexual power of the feminine, I wonder if we very well could see more of a balance. No?

Peace,
Mystic

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
But, how can a man successfully emulate a god either?