• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCC wins........

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
With net neutrality the internet providers can set the prices based on the amount and speed of information, but not base on the content of the information. So yes, in that sense it does regulate the price. It regulates what the price can be based on.
It would set prices the consumer would pay?
Nah.
But it would affect pricing in a competitive market.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Ever see the UofM Law School ethics exam?

One question......
Hypothetically, you're sitting at your desk, meeting with a new client.
The client hands you a crisp new $100 bill for an hour of your time.
(The question hasn't been adjusted for inflation.)
You discuss the issues, the hour has ended, & business is concluded.
The client is about to close your office door behind him, when you notice
that he accidentally had a 2nd $100 bill stuck underneath the intended
payment. You must address this error.
Question...
Do you inform your partner about the extra $100?

Old Revoltistanian maxim.....
Tis cheaper to be cheated by a business, than get good service from a lawyer.

I would hope that they were trying to get the answer "I would stop the client before they left, inform them of their error and return the extra money" without having to give that option.

idav

Being
Premium Member
With net neutrality the internet providers can set the prices based on the amount and speed of information, but not base on the content of the information. So yes, in that sense it does regulate the price. It regulates what the price can be based on.
One of the things the ISPs have been doing is regulating based on type of traffic and have been ignoring net neutrality and throttling Netflix. Netflix is fighting, I myself found an ISP working with them, yay.
Netflix Is In The Power Position Now In The War For Net Neutrality

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Like lawyers have better "ethics". Lol
And, of course, I never said nor implied that, but if it makes your day thinking that, go for it I guess.

My feeling on this in general can be summed up this way: "Don't trust anyone, including myself, so I'll never be surprised when people do the wrong thing".

BTW, the Swedes rarely elect lawyers to upper levels of political office because they tend to feel that lawyers are all too apt to play legal games, and I tend to agree with them on that. Their #1 choice for politicians: newspaper and t.v. news editors. These are people who keep up with the news after investigating what reporters have supposedly found, so there's sort of an informative checks & balance between them. Of course, nothing is 100%.

esmith

Veteran Member
And, of course, I never said nor implied that, but if it makes your day thinking that, go for it I guess.

My feeling on this in general can be summed up this way: "Don't trust anyone, including myself, so I'll never be surprised when people do the wrong thing".

BTW, the Swedes rarely elect lawyers to upper levels of political office because they tend to feel that lawyers are all too apt to play legal games, and I tend to agree with them on that. Their #1 choice for politicians: newspaper and t.v. news editors. These are people who keep up with the news after investigating what reporters have supposedly found, so there's sort of an informative checks & balance between them. Of course, nothing is 100%.
I sure wouldn't trust some of your "investigating"????? members of the lame stream media. Seems like they keep falling for fake stories because they want to believe they are true. That would forebode some disastrous conclusions, don't you think?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Of course it wasn't the Dems as this is a repeal of government Regulations. "0)

Anyways, I heard some people saying this still has to go through Congress and the Supreme Court.

Dunno if that's the case or not in these matters personally as to whether this can still be contested, or just a bureaucratic formality that it needs to go through before the FCC's deregulation takes effect.

Maybe somebody more knowledgeable of the process can chime in.
There are already lawsuits pending, so this ruling will be challenged in Court.

As for Congress, no, they don’t have to do a darn thing if they don’t want to. And that’s precisely the problem: something like this shouldn’t have ever been the responsibility of an unelected 5 member FCC board. We are here because Congress has abdicated its responsibility to legislate, largely because it has lost its ability to do so due to gridlock. The granting of net neutrality should have been done through legislation, rather than administrative fiat. If it had been, it would have been a whole lot harder to remove.